Division II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (12-3) vs. Winton Woods (12-3)

Who wins?

• Hoban by 17+

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Hoban by 8-16

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Hoban by 1-7

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Winton Woods by 1-7

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Winton Woods by 8-16

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Winton Woods by 17+

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoban doesn't run 5 wide or empty sets so this game will be a little closer than some expect. In high school football it's tough to have guys who can cover the 3rd 4th and 5th receiver. WWs secondary is deep but it forced us to take a lb or lineman off the field, which kinda hurt us. Hoban is man on man run it at you so this 1 is a better fight for us. Now offensively I don't think we'll play that bad again. I believe the kids were looking ahead instead of focusing on Green. I'm going WARRIORS.

Hoban doesn't run 5 wide or empty sets so this game will be a little closer than some expect. In high school football it's tough to have guys who can cover the 3rd 4th and 5th receiver. WWs secondary is deep but it forced us to take a lb or lineman off the field, which kinda hurt us. Hoban is man on man run it at you so this 1 is a better fight for us. Now offensively I don't think we'll play that bad again. I believe the kids were looking ahead instead of focusing on Green. I'm going WARRIORS.
I hope you right brotha

I hope you right brotha
I hope I am too but styles make fights. Green ran 90 plays vs us. Hoban isn't going to run 90 plays. Our challenge w Hoban would be containing the Sperling kid & making Crable beat us from the pocket. When he's in the pocket look for the slant routes because I don't believe it's an offensive line in Ohio that can block our front 4 consistently. Now how we attack them when we have the ball idk what the plan is. I haven't watched their defense.

This isn't the Hoban of the past few years. They're very one dimensional on offense. Sperling is a great player, but WW front 7 is a different animal than he's seen in the playoffs. Nordonia, Walsh, Avon don't have near the speed and ability to close gaps.

I have Winton Woods by a touchdown or two in a lower scoring game.

Mostly agree but Crable had a decent game too, or enough to give WW more to think about. Still agree, winning 1st down and daring them to pass is the name of the game. If they do and succeed then tip your hat.

Another week of predictions of stuffing Hoban's running game & taking them out. Hey, eventually one of them might be right. Or not.

This isn't the Hoban of the past few years. They're very one dimensional on offense. Sperling is a great player, but WW front 7 is a different animal than he's seen in the playoffs. Nordonia, Walsh, Avon don't have near the speed and ability to close gaps.

I have Winton Woods by a touchdown or two in a lower scoring game.
Heard this back in 2017 Match up. ""WW too athletic". " Hoban can't run against them" "WW will load the box and dare Hoban to throw the ball". "WW special teams and speed is there strength". That Game was over in first 5 minutes. Not saying that will happen, but we have heard this before. Hoban 5-5 in this game, I'll t ale the odds and say Sperling does for 200 and Hoban by 2 scores.

Heard this back in 2017 Match up. ""WW too athletic". " Hoban can't run against them" "WW will load the box and dare Hoban to throw the ball". "WW special teams and speed is there strength". That Game was over in first 5 minutes. Not saying that will happen, but we have heard this before. Hoban 5-5 in this game, I'll t ale the odds and say Sperling does for 200 and Hoban by 2 scores.
This ain’t 2017 that don’t got anything to do with this year Hoban ain’t played us but that one time we’ll see come Friday

Yea back in 2017 Hoban took advantage of us only playing man to man & they had the size advantage outside. New defensive coordinator & now we have D1 corners who are both 6'1 w speed. Definitely not the same staff. Totally new staff that wasn't done being assembled until mid to late June. They are just scratching the surface. They will force Crable to beat us I can bet on tht. We will load the box for sure to stop spurling

Non WW people like to talk big about WW.
The guy you quoted is just giving his opinion based on what he saw this season not 2017.

WW people respect Hoban but will not be intimidated.
This WW team is nothing like the 2017 WW team.
This team won’t be out coached like the 2017 team.
The never ending Cover 0 really cost WW.
And that stupid quick punt formation.
Hoban may win or not.
But it’s is NOT 2017 Hoban
not 2017 Winton Woods.

I actually saw Hoban in person this season against Benedictine at Hoban.
Then we got the hell outta there early with my son when it started raining so hard.
As I watched the game I thought it would be cool to play Hoban again in the finals and here we are.
Benedictine was ok but not great.
Hoban has plenty of decent players and the RB is a stud.
I was actually thinking it was not one of the better Hoban teams that I have seen over the years but that’s not fair given the success they had.
But they play D and run the ball so this will be a tough game.
I don’t do predictions and expect a hard hitting fun game.

This is not one of the better Hoban teams But they are improving and their quarterback play has gotten dramatically better the past couple weeks. This should be a great game and I would say that WW Has a Big speed advantage. Two great defensive football teams.

Very different team. This Hoban team looks a lot like that 2017 WW team with one stud on offsense and a lot of youth. Shane Hamm, those receivers, Tyris Dickerson, and Trayanum aren't walking out the locker room this year.