Division II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (12-3) vs. Winton Woods (12-3)

Who wins?

• Hoban by 17+

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Hoban by 8-16

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Hoban by 1-7

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Winton Woods by 1-7

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Winton Woods by 8-16

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Winton Woods by 17+

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Al Bundy....

Pretty sure you were the guy that posted after the LaSalle WW playoff game that WW should win it all.
You backed it up with spit on analysis that I agreed with.
Just one thing was both WW lines.
Good stuff and keep posting.
Thank you! After that game, that Defense and Spikes had me convinced. Phenomenal team. Played with grit and heart all season. As a NE OH guy, I was really excited to see them win. Even sat on the WW side last night. Loved the energy of the WW fans. Really special night.

Last edited:
Maendler was the QB coach of Shane Hamm as well
Ries from Barberton, Bainbridge from Stow and may others. These guys make a living training QB's of all ages. Parents pay for lessons to put their son in a position to be the local HS QB or to play in college. Same as AAU basketball, summer baseball or JO Volleyball. All of these coaches at every sport have contacts with these type of trainers. Parents are looking for the best opportunity for their student athlete and are asking these trainers to help them find opportunities. Happens at both private and public schools.

You add no value to this forum at all.
Just post total dumsh$! all the time.

He is right there was a lot of energy from the sideline.
Anyone there saw it as it was obvious and totally cool.
Don't pay this guy any mind. He's confused. We don't know who his team is or was. He jumps from hating 1 team to the next. His comments have no substance & he or she must enjoy trolling WINNERS more than he wants his school to win. Remember WINNERS FOCUS ON WINNING LOSERS FOCUS ON WINNERS.

How about just quit trolling people? WW just won a state championship, the first by a D2 public in years, and instead of a single simple "congratulations" your only purpose is to agitate? Massillon fans are used to it (see every single game thread) but seriously what's wrong with you?
TigerPaw unfortunately this guy will be around & continue to do the same thing. Good luck to the Massillon Tigers. Some fans were sitting on our side supporting our boys.

I have been waiting for Hoban fans and even Green fans to congratulate WW for having a very good team despite what they were thinking before. Guess I won’t hold my breath, so I will let it be.

Great job Warriors! What an awesome season this was. The cupboard is definitely not empty! There is plenty of talent coming thru, from 7th grade on up! Winning the State championship goes a long way in keeping our kids from leaving for a certain parochial school!

I have been waiting for Hoban fans and even Green fans to congratulate WW for having a very good team despite what they were thinking before. Guess I won’t hold my breath, so I will let it be.

Great job Warriors! What an awesome season this was. The cupboard is definitely not empty! There is plenty of talent coming thru, from 7th grade on up! Winning the State championship goes a long way in keeping our kids from leaving for a certain parochial school!
Hoban has very few fans on here. Only 4 or 5 that regularly post. There are some Summit County folks who comment on them but by and large the Hoban fans dried up long ago, towards the beginning of their run. Cougarfan and Redwing are two of their few posters and they're objective and have credited the Warriors.

This was known 2 months ago. Maendler has talked with 2 Dads (sons play at other high schools) that I know of telling them the team was going to have a new QB in 2022. The calls were placed to see if their son wanted to play QB for Hoban next year.
Here are some area QBs I think Maendler has worked with this season that have eligibility left:

Nikko Georgiou-Kenston '23
Josh Papesh-St Ignatius '24
Nolan Beard-Strongsville '24
Keller Moten-Walsh '25
Lucas Kaltenbach-Benedictine '25
Gabriel Mansel-SVSM '25
Jalen Slaughter-Massillon '25
Cooper Panteck-Gilmour '25

I'd also include Luke Fischer-Wadsworth '23 but he transferred from Hoban when Crable came in.
Ryan Kerscher-Walsh '23 worked with Maendler but he was a starter on Walsh's final 4 hockey team and Hoban doesn't have hockey.

Now that the season is over I sd I would let you guys in on the subtle adjustment made by WW's offensive coordinator. Being that I have access to hudl, I recognized that he reverted back to the same offense the kids were familiar w instead of trying to pass. He pretty much ran the same offense from past yrs out of the gun. Watching hudl from the endzone view you could see how the blocking schemes were similar to previous years and the offensive line was more comfortable with this scheme instead of the scheme they were trying to implement early which was more catching the defensive lineman. That's pretty tough for high school kid to get adjusted too. Kudos to the offensive coordinator for figuring it out. He watches a ton of film and he ultimately changed the the offense for better of the team. It helps to have college pedigree. If he sticks around with Gray I see a dynasty in the making because as I sd before there is some serious talent in the younger groups.

Now that the season is over I sd I would let you guys in on the subtle adjustment made by WW's offensive coordinator. Being that I have access to hudl, I recognized that he reverted back to the same offense the kids were familiar w instead of trying to pass. He pretty much ran the same offense from past yrs out of the gun. Watching hudl from the endzone view you could see how the blocking schemes were similar to previous years and the offensive line was more comfortable with this scheme instead of the scheme they were trying to implement early which was more catching the defensive lineman. That's pretty tough for high school kid to get adjusted too. Kudos to the offensive coordinator for figuring it out. He watches a ton of film and he ultimately changed the the offense for better of the team. It helps to have college pedigree. If he sticks around with Gray I see a dynasty in the making because as I sd before there is some serious talent in the younger groups.
Hope he stays but he is looking for college jobs. But he told me this earlier in the season. So let’s hope for the best

Great season by the Warriors!!! You beat a quality opponent on the biggest stage of the year. This team got better each week, which is a testament to an outstanding coaching staff that developed players. That defense was something else. Congrats fellas!!!

Someone sd they noticed these guys weren't ranked or haven't been offered. Well after the yr they had you can believe there are more to come

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-112859_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-112859_Twitter.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20211206-112842_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-112842_Twitter.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 27
WW has some serious running backs working their way through the system, which is traditional for WW. I'm waiting on that kid who can spin the rock that's when will see the offensive coordinator vision really come into play.

Ries from Barberton, Bainbridge from Stow and may others. These guys make a living training QB's of all ages. Parents pay for lessons to put their son in a position to be the local HS QB or to play in college. Same as AAU basketball, summer baseball or JO Volleyball. All of these coaches at every sport have contacts with these type of trainers. Parents are looking for the best opportunity for their student athlete and are asking these trainers to help them find opportunities. Happens at both private and public schools.
Thought Ballard was the QB whisperer LOL…making a lot of money and in many cases kids are not QBs at all….agree Cougarfan22