Division I State Semifinal: Archbishop Moeller (11-3) vs. Springfield (12-1)

Who wins?

• Springfield by 17+

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Moeller by 1-7

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Moeller by 8-16

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Moeller by 17+

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One of my favorite places. Central - LaSalle was there.

Two sets of large parking areas suitable to tail gate. Easy to the highway. No track. High seating on both sides. Modern and clean amenities. Holds the noise. Good concessions.... Cool diner downtown. Not the most central to the two teams but I bet you'll like that stadium.

Welp game is in Sidney according to Moeller site

Attachments

• F25261BA-E75C-43A2-8F3F-5BB573335944.png
    F25261BA-E75C-43A2-8F3F-5BB573335944.png
    523.5 KB · Views: 23
This BS of Cincinnati schools traveling to Dayton to play Dayton schools is getting fishy. They need to atleast alternate the game locations. It was played at Piqua last year so play in Mason this year.

This BS of Cincinnati schools traveling to Dayton to play Dayton schools is getting fishy. They need to atleast alternate the game locations. It was played at Piqua last year so play in Mason this year.
It was played in Piqua the year before too. Also Springfield isn't a Dayton School.

Springfield Isn’t a Dayton School. It’s like 30-35 mins from Dayton. Moeller Basically played at home the entire playoffs. They will be ok going on the Road once.

One of my favorite places. Central - LaSalle was there.

Two sets of large parking areas suitable to tail gate. Easy to the highway. No track. High seating on both sides. Modern and clean amenities. Holds the noise. Good concessions.... Cool diner downtown. Not the most central to the two teams but I bet you'll like that stadium.

I'm a Sidney homer and I have been to alot of stadiums all over the state. I have yet to find a better place to watch a football game. Parking is not the best, I wish there was a way people could park safely in Emerson corporation's parking lot. Heck Moeller plays at the pit every year and that parking is terrible.

If Centerville put in for it and didn’t get it then yes it is stupid. Not sure we will ever know who puts in for it. I doubt OHSAA just said Sidney no matter what. Pretty sure they can't just pick the best site and force them to host. They seem to be making it less lucrative to host from what I have heard.

The Lasalle people seemed to have grabbed the lots by the middle school and Central the lots by the high school. There seemed plenty. But they generally came off the highway at different exits. Moeller and Springfield will probably all be coming in Fair Rd. Arranging part of the Emerson lot would be practical.

edit: lol, looking at it top-down from google map, the Moeller people might prefer the Middle school.

Last edited:
If Centerville put in for it and didn’t get it then yes it is stupid. Not sure we will ever know who puts in for it. I doubt OHSAA just said Sidney no matter what. Pretty sure they can't just pick the best site and force them to host. They seem to be making it less lucrative to host from what I have heard.
2 years ago when it was at Piqua, they said the problem was finding someone who could host the day after Thanksgiving. The host is responsible for staffing the event. That was also at the beginning of covid.

I agree, not ideal for Moeller, but a Nice place to watch a game. Great seating. Close and no track. Good Places to eat include Tavalo Modern Italian for a sit down. There is Murphy's Craft Bar and Kitchen for bar food and beer before or after the game.

GBM

Interesting match-up here. Moeller has played two very good defenses this year, X and West, so I don't think they're going to be intimidated by that. I don't think the Moeller defense is good enough to hold down the SHS offense- they had a lot of problems when the West QB would scramble, and when X's QB would roll out. SHS is the more talented team, should win by 10, I think Moeller is a year away.

All that being said, Moeller is playing very well right now, have played a tougher schedule, and SHS's offense seems to be inconsistent. The opportunity for the upset is there.
Wouldn’t be an upset of any consequence . SHS is about a TD better at most on paper ( Cal preps projected outcome is SHS by 5 . You could make a case that this number is light , but not really. Light .

Wouldn’t be an upset of any consequence . SHS is about a TD better at most on paper ( Cal preps projected outcome is SHS by 5 . You could make a case that this number is light , but not really. Light .
I think people are overlooking and discounting the emotion behind this game. It's the seniors last chance to get over this hump in beating a GCL school in the state semifinals. Plus, the 12-10 loss to St Xavier really stung, especially with 6 turnovers resulting in no points. I'm sure the players carried that with them all year and that's foremost on their minds right now. This is their chance for redemption they've been waiting for, with the reward being a 1st ever trip to Canton. This emotion was a big part in their performance against Marysville. It will be even stronger against Moeller and will carry them in Friday night's game.

Last edited:
Found out, once Centerville wasn't chosen from rounds 3 and 4 to host playoff games, they shut down their operations.

This is a great matchup. Being a public school guy my rooting interest is with Springfield. My guess is a high scoring game.

Springfield 42
Moeller 38

I think it will be a low scoring game. If Springfield doesn’t make mistakes like West did, fumbling ball ? away at their own 5 and dropping what could’ve been potentially 2TD passes and then also having to settle for a field goal after having a TD called back, they should have an excellent shot at winning the game. It all depends on how you play that night.

I think people are overlooking and discounting the emotion behind this game. It's the seniors last chance to get over this hump in beating a GCL school in the state semifinals. Plus, the 12-10 loss to St Xavier really stung, especially with 6 turnovers resulting in no points. I'm sure the players carried that with them all year and that's foremost on their minds right now. This is their chance for redemption they've been waiting for, with the reward being a 1st ever trip to Canton. This emotion was a big part in their performance against Marysville. It will be even stronger against Moeller and will carry them in Friday night's game.
It’s odd that Moeller won’t have any emotion. They must not have any seniors on the team playing in their last chance to make the finals, huh?