Division I State Championship: St. Edward (14-1) vs Springfield (13-1)

Who wins?

• St. Edward by 17+

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • St. Edward by 8-16

Votes: 73 39.5%
  • St. Edward by 1-7

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 45 24.3%
  • Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Springfield by 17+

Votes: 8 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to Springfield, a great team and community who showed up tonight just like last year and got into the street fight with St. Eds that so many teams are afraid to do. Number 9 is an incredible player and has a great future. River Boy loves his team and community and I can't knock him for that, if the OL-DL matchup was even slightly better for Springfield I think they win this game.

I cannot believe it's now 6 state championships for our Eagles. If you told me in the dark days of 2008-2009 what the program has become I would've had you institutionalized. Lombardo gets these kids to give their all every week of every year. Such a tough team that backs it up. It won't last forever, so I will enjoy every second of it.

Final Stats

1670037018450.png

Typical game for the eagles . Absolutely dominated up front.

Qb for Springfield took an absolute beating and kept coming back , all their third and longs were driving me crazy.

idk how many times it has to be said but 5 wide every play is not gonna win titles in Ohio in Dec, esp in div 1. Completely one dimensional and zero threat of a run played right into the strength of the eagles defense.

scary part is I think St Ed’s will be even better next year. Minus the DEs duo who absolutely shined.

ORB can go now disappear for another 8 months.

Lombardo: I'm really blessed: and I'm so glad I turned Massillon down when they tried to force me to take the job down there. LOL

I’ll get to Ed’s performance later, but I’ve got to shout out Schondelmyer. No, he’s not a better QB prospect than Allar. But unlike Allar, he kept his composure under duress and kept his team within striking distance. Super impressed by his effort tonight.
But doesn't your latter comments make him better?

While I can appreciate the sentiment, Springfield can’t play that card. Very few coaches do more recruiting that Mo Douglass.
True story. Getting suspended for recruiting and in trouble for approaching teachers to change grades for players and allowing non students practice.....(essentially tryouts). Dirtiest coach this side of the SMU stangs from the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.