• Thurgood Marshall

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Urbana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEA, looking at R16 overall, I'm not sure it's the strongest region in DIV top to bottom. The very top of the region looks good with teams like Wyoming and Clinton Massie. I'm still interested to see a little more of teams like Eaton, Waverly, McNich, Waynesville, VV, and MU. I view those as the overall top 8 teams in the region as we sit in Week 4. In reality, those are a lot of the usual cast of characters for this region with Eaton being the new addition. Am I missing anyone? Indian Hill sitting at 0-4 is easily the biggest surprise to me. Usually they're towards the top of the region but now find themselves at the very bottom.

I think you're spot on. I do feel that Valley View beats Milton 7-10 times though. Milton caught the Spartans off-guard. Valley View will challenge Monroe and Bellbrook for the SWBL. Indian Hill has a tough schedule. Eaton is a good team.

Comparing Waynesville and Milton Union schedules, MU has the upper hand due to the Valley View win. Waynesville has played only
Bethel, Greenview, Blanchester and Mid Madison. All combine for 1 win. vs Milton's opponent record of 5 wins.

Comparing Waynesville and Milton Union schedules, MU has the upper hand due to the Valley View win. Waynesville has played only
Bethel, Greenview, Blanchester and Mid Madison. All combine for 1 win. vs Milton's opponent record of 5 wins.
Agreed. I think Waynesville has really had a pretty easy schedule to date while MU has played a decent schedule. The VV win is a nice feather in the cap of MU. Even with the letdown game against Oakwood, I think you can make an argument for MU to be in the 3-5 range pretty easily in the region.

Problem is computer points playing a bunch of d6-7 schools in league. Troy Christian is a Juggernaut. They are big and they do everything very well, based on what I've heard. MU is without both starting running backs with injuries. Neumeier is a beast at 6'1" 210lbs. But we are likely without him. We will be very lucky to win that game. Riverside and Northridge are the only two left that will pose a challenge.
I see MU finishing 9-1/8-2. That might not get them in the playoffs, if so, it's gonna be vs Wyoming, Massie, or McNick. Ouch!

Problem is computer points playing a bunch of d6-7 schools in league. Troy Christian is a Juggernaut. They are big and they do everything very well, based on what I've heard. MU is without both starting running backs with injuries. Neumeier is a beast at 6'1" 210lbs. But we are likely without him. We will be very lucky to win that game. Riverside and Northridge are the only two left that will pose a challenge.
I see MU finishing 9-1/8-2. That might not get them in the playoffs, if so, it's gonna be vs Wyoming, Massie, or McNick. Ouch!
I know nothing but why would MU leave the SWBL for a conference with super small schools? I have to think travel? When you get in the DIV playoffs you have to feel you may be overwhelmed versus the competition. Heck Massie and McNick have played some stout programs. Just curious.

BEA, looking at R16 overall, I'm not sure it's the strongest region in DIV top to bottom. The very top of the region looks good with teams like Wyoming and Clinton Massie. I'm still interested to see a little more of teams like Eaton, Waverly, McNich, Waynesville, VV, and MU. I view those as the overall top 8 teams in the region as we sit in Week 4. In reality, those are a lot of the usual cast of characters for this region with Eaton being the new addition. Am I missing anyone? Indian Hill sitting at 0-4 is easily the biggest surprise to me. Usually they're towards the top of the region but now find themselves at the very bottom.
Agreed, the usual suspects at this point in time, with a lot of football to be played. For me Eaton will need some quality wins the next few weeks. Beating Bellbrook was a big lift the program this year, can they go on and beat the likes of Mornoe and Valley View. or was Bellbrook a little over rated?? will see. Indian Hill will pick ups some wins from the small side of the CHL, and may still make the playoffs. way to many teams playing smaller division schools for the wins and really not much help moving forward. Maybe add Bethal Tate in the mix, had a few playoff wins last year. I always look for the quality of the wins, not the fact you beat someone that you should, but maybe someone you shouldn't have. I see no real reason to play down, unless it's a league game. Many coaches will take a win vs a even matchup, any day.

I personally believe McNick is one of the top 3 teams in this region. They are undefeated and just beat Highlands (Ky) a perennial power in KY. I could see them being anywhere from 9-1 to 7-3 but with those losses coming to Badin, Alter, and CJ. I did hear they are dealing with some injuries so that could play a role, but with what they have done so far I think they have to be up there. That's not to mention the level of preparation they will get playing the GCL schedule the last 5 weeks of the season heading into the playoff.

I personally believe McNick is one of the top 3 teams in this region. They are undefeated and just beat Highlands (Ky) a perennial power in KY. I could see them being anywhere from 9-1 to 7-3 but with those losses coming to Badin, Alter, and CJ. I did hear they are dealing with some injuries so that could play a role, but with what they have done so far I think they have to be up there. That's not to mention the level of preparation they will get playing the GCL schedule the last 5 weeks of the season heading into the playoff.
McNick is in the mix. Your are correct injuries are an issue and they will start their 5th different OL combination this Friday. Highlands is very good they beat a couple of KY teams that would be D1 or D2 in Ohio handily and also won over defending State Champ Bowling Green in their opener. They could easily lose to any of the 3 mentioned or beat all 3. I’m thinking 8-2 which puts them probably 2,3,4 in the Harbins.

McNick is in the mix. Your are correct injuries are an issue and they will start their 5th different OL combination this Friday. Highlands is very good they beat a couple of KY teams that would be D1 or D2 in Ohio handily and also won over defending State Champ Bowling Green in their opener. They could easily lose to any of the 3 mentioned or beat all 3. I’m thinking 8-2 which puts them probably 2,3,4 in the Harbins.
McNick is definitely in the top 3 playing very good football. Even with the possibility of 3 losses, they will be in the playoffs. Now that we have 16 teams playing week 11. Could come down to who playing good football then not now. Can McNick hold and be healthy, just like Massie who just lost a 2 way linemen with broken leg against DeSales. Some schedules are way harder than some others.and wear on teams. Teams like Wavery and Wyoming really don’t have the grind. It doesn’t stop them from being competitive without the wear and tear. Valley View will just keep getting better. Eaton I still have questions about but a solid win over Bellbrook. Always fun to watch it.

I think it will come down to Wyoming, CM, and McNick and much will depend on how the brackets shake out. Waverly could make some noise, too.

With Alter having been up in D3 now for a few years it certainly opens to door for more teams to go on runs.

Indian Hill could very well bounce back and rattle off 6 wins but they don't have the team to compete with the upper tier of the region.

McNick is definitely in the top 3 playing very good football. Even with the possibility of 3 losses, they will be in the playoffs. Now that we have 16 teams playing week 11. Could come down to who playing good football then not now. Can McNick hold and be healthy, just like Massie who just lost a 2 way linemen with broken leg against DeSales. Some schedules are way harder than some others.and wear on teams. Teams like Wavery and Wyoming really don’t have the grind. It doesn’t stop them from being competitive without the wear and tear. Valley View will just keep getting better. Eaton I still have questions about but a solid win over Bellbrook. Always fun to watch it.
Yep that’s a big issue with D4 and lower there can be a big drop off when kids start getting hurt, can definitely change a season. Great respect for Massie …I’ll have a Massie football alum in my family soon with a wedding in November. I’ve had an opportunity to meet a lot of fine people from Clarksville.

I have a feeling you are correct on McNich as well. There's just a little bit of me that wants to see them once they get into GCL play. It could solidify that opinion for sure.

I know nothing but why would MU leave the SWBL for a conference with super small schools? I have to think travel? When you get in the DIV playoffs you have to feel you may be overwhelmed versus the competition. Heck Massie and McNick have played some stout programs. Just curious.
If you are comparing the whole SWBL there is a big difference. If you just compare the Buckeye division, the difference gets much smaller. You are now comparing Waynesville, Carlisle, Madison, Dixie, and Preble to Covington, Miami East, Riverside, Lehman, Troy Christian and Bethel.
Milton still plays Valley View (who was their crossover in the SWBL) and Oakwood as an o.o.c.
(MU wasn't playing Brookville, Eaton, Monroe, Franklin or Bellbrook.)
a small difference in size of school, but not very much in competitiveness (Covington this year skews this)

If you are comparing the whole SWBL there is a big difference. If you just compare the Buckeye division, the difference gets much smaller. You are now comparing Waynesville, Carlisle, Madison, Dixie, and Preble to Covington, Miami East, Riverside, Lehman, Troy Christian and Bethel.
Milton still plays Valley View (who was their crossover in the SWBL) and Oakwood as an o.o.c.
(MU wasn't playing Brookville, Eaton, Monroe, Franklin or Bellbrook.)
a small difference in size of school, but not very much in competitiveness (Covington this year skews this)
Agreed, that side is very competitive, but the one that stand out is Waynesville D4. They should be playing teams more their size, great for the smaller schools to play up, but for Waynesville. they need to up the schedule and play in D4, it will only make them better. I for one and maybe the only Massie fan that thinks, we should stay put. Let the SWBL set and gel for a few years. I think it was a good things for some of the smaller school to find a better opportunity for them.

CM lost a lineman but he was not a two way kid. He was a really good player but one position massie is deep in is the o and d lines. I’m sure his replacement will be more than solid. Hope not to see any more injuries. And that goes for any team.

Yep that’s a big issue with D4 and lower there can be a big drop off when kids start getting hurt, can definitely change a season. Great respect for Massie …I’ll have a Massie football alum in my family soon with a wedding in November. I’ve had an opportunity to meet a lot of fine people from Clarksville.
Congrats ! You will always have something to talk about. I love D4 R16 I'm vested. My nephews went to Wyoming, my wife's family are from Germantown Valley View and Have had friends that sent kids to McNick. Best part is that all of them have very good communities and schools. Love small town football.

CM lost a lineman but he was not a two way kid. He was a really good player but one position massie is deep in is the o and d lines. I’m sure his replacement will be more than solid. Hope not to see any more injuries. And that goes for any team.
Sorry , I thought he played on both side at times. and the young man that came in after the injury, did a great job stepping up. Glad to hear we have a little depth.

I see MU finishing 9-1/8-2. That might not get them in the playoffs, if so, it's gonna be vs Wyoming, Massie, or McNick. Ouch
With 16 teams making the playoffs MU wouldn’t see any of the teams you mentioned until round 2.

West Milton drive to Waynesville was over an hour. Same with Carlisle, Madison and Preb Shawnee.
In a normal year, Miami East, Covington and Riverside are all playoff teams. Add in Milton and Troy Christian and this is a fine conference. It's just down this year.
The SWBL
With 16 teams making the playoffs MU wouldn’t see any of the teams you mentioned until round 2.
Yeah, I realize that. Thanks for correcting me. ,?

1. Wyoming- 24
2. Clinton Massie- 22
3. Cincinnati McNicholas- 19
4. Milton-Union- 18
4. Valley View- 18
6. Eaton- 16
6. Waverly- 16
6. Waynesville- 16
9. Graham- 12
10. Bethel-Tate- 11

I'll do this every week to see how the region is looking.

Massie playing Harrison tonight, a common opponent with Wyoming which the cowboys won 26-21. Could shed some light on where both teams are at this point of the season. Obviously doesn't tell what will happen if they play but makes for good talk.

I'll make it even simpler for you, no one in R16 has challenged themselves like Clinton Massie in their OOC schedule. Not even McNich has that type of resume. So when you look at teams in that regard, CM should be by far the most prepared for the playoffs. They'll be battle tested before they ever start their league schedule. McNich by nature will face a solid schedule simply playing in the GCL. Facing teams like Alter and Chaminade Julienne every year will do that for you. Otherwise, Wyoming has a nice OOC game in Harrison. They'll be hurt by Indian Hill having a down year but also face Mariemont who looks up this season. I think Valley View is a team that played a good non-league schedule in Shawnee, Milton Union, and Ross. Eaton has a really nice win over Bellbrook too. Those would probably be the top schedules faced in the region to date.

I'll make it even simpler for you, no one in R16 has challenged themselves like Clinton Massie in their OOC schedule. Not even McNich has that type of resume. So when you look at teams in that regard, CM should be by far the most prepared for the playoffs. They'll be battle tested before they ever start their league schedule. McNich by nature will face a solid schedule simply playing in the GCL. Facing teams like Alter and Chaminade Julienne every year will do that for you. Otherwise, Wyoming has a nice OOC game in Harrison. They'll be hurt by Indian Hill having a down year but also face Mariemont who looks up this season. I think Valley View is a team that played a good non-league schedule in Shawnee, Milton Union, and Ross. Eaton has a really nice win over Bellbrook too. Those would probably be the top schedules faced in the region to date.
Agree. And of course Badin which at the moment looks like the best of the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.