Division 4 Region 13

4/8 top teams from last season are gone

fairless
Glenville
perry
Gilmore academy

but they added
Streetsboro and Hubbard which are very good as well.

my list of favorites right now would be
1- Ursuline
2-West Branch
3- Streetsboro
4- Poland
5- Salem if the Johnson kid didn’t graduate( no clue)
6-Ravenna
Dark horses
Girard Struthers Niles butchel hubbard

He'll be a senior this year ..............Quakers will be in the mix.

Watched a show online with some Ashtabula guys. They’re saying Jefferson. A team who has only beaten Lakeview in their conference should be a force in the playoffs this year. Can’t make this up.
Jefferson could be better this year. They do have some key pieces back. Just like with every team in the conference, the development of the offensive line will be key. Good luck.

Watched a show online with some Ashtabula guys. They’re saying Jefferson. A team who has only beaten Lakeview in their conference should be a force in the playoffs this year. Can’t make this up.
If that's the team I saw at a 7 on 7 at Brush high school a few weeks ago, they looked pretty nice for what you could see in a 7 on 7 that is.

Jefferson definitely has the talent to surprise some people this year. Lead by a 4 year starter at QB… and multiple other talented 2 and 3 year starters.
But a force in the playoffs? That’s a bit premature.

High School sports coverage is so laughable when you try to project anything outside of conference play and even that is incredibly hit and miss

High School sports coverage is so laughable when you try to project anything outside of conference play and even that is incredibly hit and miss
They were like all but guaranteeing wins against teams in the conference that regularly beat them by 40 plus every year. Just wild. I understand being hopeful. But that is just taking it way overboard

Jefferson definitely has the talent to surprise some people this year. Lead by a 4 year starter at QB… and multiple other talented 2 and 3 year starters.
But a force in the playoffs? That’s a bit premature.
Jefferson had a few games last season they won because of their quarterback but the teams they beat we’re all awful. I mean Struthers was really bad and scored 56 points with a back up quarterback.

I can't believe I am saying this but I think Jefferson will surprise a couple teams this year. They can score. Question is, can they stop anyone?

Jefferson had a few games last season they won because of their quarterback but the teams they beat we’re all awful. I mean Struthers was really bad and scored 56 points with a back up quarterback.

Yeah. But didn’t Jefferson also take Hubbard down to the wire last year?

That’s the game that Greenwood got hurt. He basically played the entire 1st half, though. And i’m pretty sure that Jeffersons best running back also got hurt in that game.
That was the best game Struthers played all last season. Dukes scored his first 2 varsity touchdowns. A run from inside the 10 right after Greenwood’s injury. And a fumble recovery returned in the 2nd half.

Yeah. But didn’t Jefferson also take Hubbard down to the wire last year?

That’s the game that Greenwood got hurt. He basically played the entire 1st half, though. And i’m pretty sure that Jeffersons best running back also got hurt in that game.
That was the best game Struthers played all last season. Dukes scored his first 2 varsity touchdowns. A run from inside the 10 right after Greenwood’s injury. And a fumble recovery returned in the 2nd half.
Believe Hubbard beat them 46-7.

I had to go watch that. They also said they’re gonna walk over Niles and will beat Hubbard. I’m all for hyping up teams and getting confidence up, but that confidence is usually built off wins over grand valley and Edgewood. I think the QB is a stud, but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else jump out and look the part since the QB’s brother played years ago

I had to go watch that. They also said they’re gonna walk over Niles and will beat Hubbard. I’m all for hyping up teams and getting confidence up, but that confidence is usually built off wins over grand valley and Edgewood. I think the QB is a stud, but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else jump out and look the part since the QB’s brother played years ago

2015, the TE? He caught everything that went near him. I think he was a sophomore or junior that year. But that was his last year playing football, IIRC.

Jefferson also had a D1 running back around then.
Knight. I want to say he was a senior in 2016.

2015, the TE? He caught everything that went near him. I think he was a sophomore or junior that year. But that was his last year playing football, IIRC.

Jefferson also had a D1 running back around then.
Knight. I want to say he was a senior in 2016.
Yeah he walked on at OSU and then ended up walking on at Akron or Kent. He was good

I tried telling everyone…
If you count Barringer, they only have like 4 guys back on offense that have played a lot of meaningful snaps. And they only have 2 starters back on defense.

Their Poland, though. So they always get the benefit of the doubt.
I also think Pav has shown in the past that he can win games but he used to play 4-5 gimmes every year too. Just huge question marks there

Poland loses their top 11 tacklers that’s a ton. Barringer should help on both sides, Fulton was huge in the run game last year, not sure they have a dedo type receiver this year either

I think this league may be won by girard as crazy as that may sound to some