Division 4 Region 13

Good to hear. Would’ve been really rough for teams to find replacement opponents at this late date.

I do think it may make sense for the 2 Ytown schools to consolidate athletic teams. It seems like in Fb and hoops one is at least average or above and the other is lucky to win any games.

Downside is they’d likely have to play D2 w/ not a significantly more talented team, as I think the talent seems to self consolidate currently and play in D4 most years.
I thought East was a competitive D2 program before Chaney reestablished their football program

Wow. Coach Dan comes back to town and Youngstown folds?

Chaney still has a lot of talent. I’m interested what they can do with their QB, a Cincinnati commit, healthy for an entire season. VCS is on the rise. And Ursuline is a favorite to win the state championship.

Mooney is just really really down. And East has never been able to sustain much success, even before Chaney came back.

Youngstown is fine, at least with regard to football.

I
Ursuline, South Range, JFK, & Canfield are probably the best teams in the area with a legitimate shot to play in the final four. Youngstown area is fine for football but probably not as good as the past
I would agree with that statement, but I was referring to the schools in Youngstown.

Have not started yet. Not sure why not.
Swung by Woodridge on the way to Blossom tonight.
B410BC01-9B9E-4D2F-9A3B-E4557BB5A157.jpeg

No sign of any construction. Thinking it will be natural grass for at least one more fall.

It's July 08, 2022

IUDOGS: Division IV, Region 13

Who's going to win Region 13 ??

What is your Top Eight like in Region 13 ??

01. Akron Butchel

02. Akron Coventry

03. Akron Springfield

04. Ashtabula Edgewood

05. Beloit West Branch

06. Canal Fulton Northwest

07. Canton South

08. Cleveland Heights Lutheran East

09. East Liverpool

10. East Liverpool Beaver

11. Girard

12. Hubbard

13. Jefferson area

14. Mentor Lake Catholic

15. Minerva

16. Mogadore Field

17. Niles McKinley

18. Peninsula Woodridge

19. Pepper Pike Orange

20. Poland Seminary

21. Ravenna

22. Salem

23. Streetsboro

24. Struthers

25. Warrensville Heights

26. Youngstown East

27. Youngstown Ursuline

IUDOGS PICKS:

YOUNGSTOWN URSULINE to win Region 13

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT for Region 13
(not in order)

1. Youngstown Ursuline

2. Beloit West Branch

3. Peninsula Woodridge

4. Poland Seminary

5. Girard

6. Canton South

7. Canal Fulton Northwest

8. Salem

:unsure: :cool: :p :) :banana:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:
Wow. Eight weeks. That timeline is super tight. Last year, they we’re working on Roosevelt’s new turf during spring lacrosse season, and they still lost their week one home game. Hope they can get it done.

Once the ground is leveled and all the pipes and other drains are installed it only takes them a week to install the field. Any clue on where the turf is from? Astroturf did Struthers and it was done in like 5 days
I’m guessing it’s a bit more complicated than that. Here’s the FAQ on installation timeline from Fieldturf.com, the company that is at the forefront of this industry:
E5305F10-68A5-484A-B3AF-5CBC4C995EAE.jpeg

There are 53 days between today and September 2. Based on the standard timeline, there should be very little wiggle room.

I’m guessing it’s a bit more complicated than that. Here’s the FAQ on installation timeline from Fieldturf.com, the company that is at the forefront of this industry:
View attachment 31468
There are 53 days between today and September 2. Based on the standard timeline, there should be very little wiggle room.
I was part of a replacement of a turf field and it took almost 6 weeks. This Woodridge situation is a whole different animal, and I hope they get it done.

View attachment 31468
Im
Going by what I watched happen less then 3 years ago. It all depends on what company is going to do the ground work, and also if the weather cooperates is a also a big key.