Division 4 Region 13

I completely agree. My first thought was, “Poland will be lucky to finish top 4 in the NE8, let alone top 4 in the region.”
I have South Range, Hubbard, Girard and Struthers all ahead of them. Maybe Niles, too.

I know it’s been really tough to count Poland out until they’re officially out of it. So I wasn’t going to be the first to say anything. But I don’t see it from them this year. I think last year was probably their last big hurrah for a while.
They do still have some good players, so they won’t be a total push over. But the days of winning 8+ games every year are behind them. Especially after this year.
SR will be strong again but lost a couple key guys. They're just so well coached.

I think the rest of your list can beat each other on any given night. In other words, they are pretty equal - key losses, some good players remaining or coming up, but not overwhelming. I will say this, don't overlook Jefferson. They may surprise a few teams this year and no one is really talking about them.

Poland AD better wake up and stop scheduling the likes of Canfield and Louisville. They're just too big for a shrinking school like Poland.

I completely agree. My first thought was, “Poland will be lucky to finish top 4 in the NE8, let alone top 4 in the region.”
I have South Range, Hubbard, Girard and Struthers all ahead of them. Maybe Niles, too.

I know it’s been really tough to count Poland out until they’re officially out of it. So I wasn’t going to be the first to say anything. But I don’t see it from them this year. I think last year was probably their last big hurrah for a while.
They do still have some good players, so they won’t be a total push over. But the days of winning 8+ games every year are behind them. Especially after this year.
Struthers hasn’t proven anything. Without kuntz on the sidelines they have been BAD.

Sophomores and juniors both went unbeaten in middle school and won every game by 30
Plus. Should be excited about them.
Middle school means very little, hand it to the fastest kid on the team and run outside zone while sending pressure on defense and playing man. That's been the Struthers way for years and it's a big reason why the teams have underperformed on Friday nights despite having a ton of talent on the rosters

Middle school means very little, hand it to the fastest kid on the team and run outside zone while sending pressure on defense and playing man. That's been the Struthers way for years and it's a big reason why the teams have underperformed on Friday nights despite having a ton of talent on the rosters
Ouch

That has not been the Struthers way for years. Calm down. I happen to know they run what the varsity runs. If they beat a middle school team by 50 points so be it. It appears you are salty about a middle school game.
It’s a “big reason” but middle school means very little. Which one is it?
if whatever school you support (bc I don’t know) had talent like they did the last couple of years you’d be excited for their varsity run as well. The only other classes I can remember being pretty good at the middle school level recently were the class of 16 and the class of 19 which both had decent success on the varsity level.

BUT I will say it is harder to develop linemen than skill guys and since kuntz lefr they haven’t been able to do that. If they do with these classes watch out. But I have no faith in this staff until proven otherwise. Their jv success thus far is a good indicator of future success. Unless that doesn’t matter either.

Last edited:
Everyone knew the last 2-3 years these classes would struggle and were looking forward to this less next couple classes.

the year you’re probably thinking of when Struthers did that to Salem the team went 7-3 when they got to high school and lost to Poland 14-12 that year. The team who last played Salem and did that was 2 years ago and they’re sophomores now. I will agree they were faster it kinda helps in the game of football.

The big thing with middle school football is besides the obvious development, it’s you’re playing class for class, instead of 3-4 combined

Everyone knew the last 2-3 years these classes would struggle and were looking forward to this less next couple classes.

the year you’re probably thinking of when Struthers did that to Salem the team went 7-3 when they got to high school and lost to Poland 14-12 that year. The team who last played Salem and did that was 2 years ago and they’re sophomores now. I will agree they were faster it kinda helps in the game of football.

The big thing with middle school football is besides the obvious development, it’s you’re playing class for class, instead of 3-4 combined
Yeah, there hasn’t been much talent on the sidelines the last two years. Some.

What’s with south range talk. They aren’t in this region much less this Division. And lucky for them by the way. Don’t see them wanting any part of Grenville or Ursuline.

What’s with south range talk. They aren’t in this region much less this Division. And lucky for them by the way. Don’t see them wanting any part of Grenville or Ursuline.
Glenville isn't in the region either. But yes, I thought South Range was D5.

Who ya got?
new comers Hubbard, Jefferson,Niles etc
Notable loss - St joes
Favorites- Youngstown Ursuline, West Branch
Full list of teams
East Liverpool
Butchel
Canton south
Youngstown east
Beaver local
Edgewood
Field
Girard
Hubbard
Jefferson
Lake catholic
Lutheran east
Minerva
Niles
Northwest
Orange
Poland Seminary
Ravenna
Salem
Akron Springfield
Streetsboro
Struthers
warrensville heights
West Branch
Woodridge
Isn't Coventry here this year?

West Branch is my favorite with Hubbard next. Don't look for Minerva, Orange, Warrensville or Youngstown East to be playing Week 11.

Hearing ytown east might not have a team.
Schedule…and potential late in the game open dates for opponents.

Youngstown East
08/19 A Hubbard
08/26 A East Cleveland Shaw
09/02 H Cleveland Villa Angela-St. Joseph
09/09 A Akron Ellet
09/16 A Boardman
09/23 H Youngstown Cardinal Mooney
09/30 H Warren Howland
10/07 H Canfield
10/14 A Youngstown Ursuline
10/21 A Youngstown Chaney

Schedule…and potential late in the game open dates for opponents.

Youngstown East
08/19 A Hubbard
08/26 A East Cleveland Shaw
09/02 H Cleveland Villa Angela-St. Joseph
09/09 A Akron Ellet
09/16 A Boardman
09/23 H Youngstown Cardinal Mooney
09/30 H Warren Howland
10/07 H Canfield
10/14 A Youngstown Ursuline
10/21 A Youngstown Chaney
Would that give Canfield 2 open weeks

Hearing ytown east might not have a team.
Beyond sad if true. I will have to ride by Bennington and see what's up. In the past I would know at least one member of the coaching staff to chat up. I don't know anything about Assion and crew. East was just horrific in everything this past year, boys and girls. In the past they could at least produce a sprinter/hurdler/jumper in track. This year the few events they entered they posted anemic results. Y-town city schools cannot produce 2 competitive athletic programs. That was proven previously when Chaney went STEM. They just flipped flopped which one was competitive and which one was bare bones