Salem
Akron Springfield
Streetsboro
Struthers
warrensville heights
West Branch
Woodridge

Last edited:

Ursuline may be the favorite, but I wont count the Ville out. Their playoff game was a nailbiter

Yeah I mean if Ursuline has a quarterback that can play this season they are going to be very good but they are going to be bringing in a new quarterback so we will see. They have a lot of other key positions back and you know Reardon raided the cabinets of a couple schools.

4/8 top teams from last season are gone

fairless
Glenville
perry
Gilmore academy

but they added
Streetsboro and Hubbard which are very good as well.

my list of favorites right now would be
1- Ursuline
2-West Branch
3- Streetsboro
4- Poland
5- Salem if the Johnson kid didn’t graduate( no clue)
6-Ravenna
Dark horses
Girard Struthers Niles butchel hubbard

Last edited:
Peninsula Woodridge returns at least 8 starters back from both sides of the ball this coming year including their entire backfield offensively and defensively. A playoff team from a year ago. Will find out early with games against West Branch, CVCA and Revere in the first 3 weeks. Should be a great region as usual.
Do they have turf yet?

Peninsula Woodridge returns at least 8 starters back from both sides of the ball this coming year including their entire backfield offensively and defensively. A playoff team from a year ago. Will find out early with games against West Branch, CVCA and Revere in the first 3 weeks. Should be a great region as usual.
Returning starters is a nice storyline but they lost their best player to graduation and were mediocre in a very underwhelming conference last year. I don't think they are in the conversation here unfortunately

Returning starters is a nice storyline but they lost their best player to graduation and were mediocre in a very underwhelming conference last year. I don't think they are in the conversation here unfortunately
We’ll certainly find out. Many good programs in this region for sure.

Best of luck to all teams in the region this season. Lakeview is no longer here so I don’t dislike anyone in the region anymore. Niles coach is a clown when he comes on here but other then that let’s keep this thread active all season!

Last years playoff teams.

Attachments

• D3CC7652-0068-45C9-9A6C-0A78DD2F6497.png
    D3CC7652-0068-45C9-9A6C-0A78DD2F6497.png
    487.8 KB · Views: 45
If memory serves this was the only region in the entire state that didn't have a team with a losing record make the playoffs

If memory serves this was the only region in the entire state that didn't have a team with a losing record make the playoffs
I think this is the case because region 9 had SV-SM that had a 4-6 record with a very difficult schedule (only easy game was against Sandusky), everyone else in region 9 had a winning record however. Only the top 10 teams in region 13 would have made the playoffs in region 9 however despite them all having a winning record. And despite SV-SM having a losing record they would have easily handled anyone from region 13 as evidenced by their 49-14 victory over Ursuline who narrowly lost in the state championship game last year.
Region 13 has a lot of excellent teams don't get me wrong, but pound for pound 9 was a much more difficult region. Records are sometimes deceiving because of the variable schedule difficulty of each school. A 9-0 team could hypothetically lose badly to a 0-9 team (in the same division) in week 10.

Last edited:
I think this is the case because region 9 had SV-SM that had a 4-6 record with a very difficult schedule (only easy game was against Sandusky), everyone else in region 9 had a winning record however. Only the top 10 teams in region 13 would have made the playoffs in region 9 however despite them all having a winning record. And despite SV-SM having a losing record they would have easily handled anyone from region 13 as evidenced by their 49-14 victory over Ursuline who narrowly lost in the state championship game last year.
Region 13 has a lot of excellent teams don't get me wrong, but pound for pound 9 was a much more difficult region. Records are sometimes deceiving because of the variable schedule difficulty of each school. A 9-0 team could hypothetically lose badly to a 0-9 team (in the same division) in week 10.
Region 9 is definitely the better region, but It's tough to say that SVSM would handle everyone in region 13, when they didn't even beat their common opponents they shared with Ursuline (Harding and Hartley, both UHS wins). Besides, Ursuline also got handled by VASJ the week after SVSM, who didn't win region 13. The transitive property doesn't always work in sports.

Idk what strength of schedule has to do with what he said at all, but you go buddy

4/8 top teams from last season are gone

fairless
Glenville
perry
Gilmore academy

but they added
Streetsboro and Hubbard which are very good as well.

my list of favorites right now would be
1- Ursuline
2-West Branch
3- Streetsboro
4- Poland
5- Salem if the Johnson kid didn’t graduate( no clue)
6-Ravenna
Dark horses
Girard Struthers Niles butchel hubbard
Tough to admit, but Poland will struggle this season. They lost a lot. There's still talent and they will win some games, but they are out of the discussion as a top team this year IMHO.

Tough to admit, but Poland will struggle this season. They lost a lot. There's still talent and they will win some games, but they are out of the discussion as a top team this year IMHO.
They do lose a lot, curious to see what pav does with their culture, if they go away from what they always do then they’ll struggle. Poland was built to excel at things pav never excelled at as a coach. Poland is meat and potatoes not onside kicks and rule books.

They do lose a lot, curious to see what pav does with their culture, if they go away from what they always do then they’ll struggle. Poland was built to excel at things pav never excelled at as a coach. Poland is meat andsee
potatoes not onside kicks and rule books.
That's the chatter. He was in a tough spot last year as he couldn't change much with such a senior heavy squad. There is already a feeling this year that he is putting his touch on things and it's changing.

I don't think Poland will be the Poland of old for some time and maybe never. There won't be smashmouth football behind a huge line. It's just the cycle of things.

That's the chatter. He was in a tough spot last year as he couldn't change much with such a senior heavy squad. There is already a feeling this year that he is putting his touch on things and it's changing.

I don't think Poland will be the Poland of old for some time and maybe never. There won't be smashmouth football behind a huge line. It's just the cycle of things.
A couple bad seasons and he won’t be looked at as he was when they brought him in but you never know

I completely agree. My first thought was, “Poland will be lucky to finish top 4 in the NE8, let alone top 4 in the region.”
I have South Range, Hubbard, Girard and Struthers all ahead of them. Maybe Niles, too.

I know it’s been really tough to count Poland out until they’re officially out of it. So I wasn’t going to be the first to say anything. But I don’t see it from them this year. I think last year was probably their last big hurrah for a while.
They do still have some good players, so they won’t be a total push over. But the days of winning 8+ games every year are behind them. Especially after this year.

I completely agree. My first thought was, “Poland will be lucky to finish top 4 in the NE8, let alone top 4 in the region.”
I have South Range, Hubbard, Girard and Struthers all ahead of them. Maybe Niles, too.

I know it’s been really tough to count Poland out until they’re officially out of it. So I wasn’t going to be the first to say anything. But I don’t see it from them this year. I think last year was probably their last big hurrah for a while.
They do still have some good players, so they won’t be a total push over. But the days of winning 8+ games every year are behind them. Especially after this year.
Hope you’re right Lmao