2. Minster
3. Seneca East
4. Columbus Grove
5. McDonald
6. Russia
7. Garaway
8. St. Henry

what do you guys think?

I think you might be from Liberty Union.

You seem to be able to count to 8, and you can name 8 D3 schools. Good for you.

no im not from Liberty Union and i dont get how they shouldnt be 1st they are getting everyone back in there top 8 and could possibly have 4 people in the 16s next season.

Umm, how exactly is McDonald 5th on that list!????

Makes no sense whatsoever. They lose 1 of their top 5, and they are obviously the team to beat for next year.

As for Liberty Union, they did nothing to tell me they will be good next year. They ran their best at week 4 of the season.

My top 5 for next year are as follows.
1. McDonald
2. Independence
3. Seneca East
4. Minster
5. St. Henry

If Mariemont can find two runners in the low 17's to go along with what I think our front runners can do......I'd like to put our hat in the mix for one more year!!
:thumb:

These would be my picks from those teams that made it to state this year. That is a simple starting point. I know others are out their ready to move up.

From this group I would take McDonald as my year from now favorites-they were the clear cut victors and return 6 from that team.

I like Seneca East as the number 2, they were led by their youth and I believe their youth will become more consistent and move up some.

Columbus Grove would be my 3, they return their top 6 runners, with 3 and 5 being freshman.

St. Henry is my 4. they lose the 3 and 4 runners, but return a group that has a great blend of youth and experience(3jr.-2fr.) their 8 was a freshman as well

Garaway will be my 5. they return their top six. four of them being fresh-soph which leaves them with a lot of room to improve.

I did think about putting Independence up their, however they lose their 1 and 4 and their 6 and 7 were 19:26 and 19:46, they will need to improve a chunk.

Teams to possibly look out for are Grandview Heights and Liberty Union as they return all seven runners, if they put in the work they have potential.

I just noticed my picks rely heavily upon the youth being able to develop and step into the larger roles their teams will need from them.

no im not from Liberty Union and i dont get how they shouldnt be 1st they are getting everyone back in there top 8 and could possibly have 4 people in the 16s next season.

They are 27 seconds from having 2 in the 16's. McDonald is 2 sec from already having 4 in the 16s return. Go back and look at state meet results from the past 10 years. Then, look at how many Boardman Regional teams you have in the top 8.

Don't discount Independence and West Liberty-Salem. Independence will always show up come post season time and West Liberty returns 3 of their top 5 and they also won the Division III Middle School state meet and have some solid MS kids coming along, correct me if I'm wrong I think that Indpendence was 2nd at the MS state meet.

The last time that a D3 guy had the fastest time of the day was back in 1989 when Stuart Henderson of McDonald ran 15:37

Impressive day for Sam Prakel

MARIEMONT. 3rd in state and keep 3 of their top 5....not to mention they have the deepest roster in the state.....this is just getting ridiculous

McDonald will be the odds on favorite....even in a rebuilding year they get it done..and 2012 is not a rebuilding year... look for them to be the best in D3 once again.....right now with two straight state titles track/xc they are the best small school running program in the state....

If Mariemont can find two runners in the low 17's to go along with what I think our front runners can do......I'd like to put our hat in the mix for one more year!!
:thumb:

J-White & Sam. Better get them to run track and have a good summer

Don't discount Independence and West Liberty-Salem. Independence will always show up come post season time and West Liberty returns 3 of their top 5 and they also won the Division III Middle School state meet and have some solid MS kids coming along, correct me if I'm wrong I think that Indpendence was 2nd at the MS state meet.

West Libery Salem won the Division III Middle School state meet and Independence finished second by 1 point.
http://www.speedy-feet.com/races/2011/1023/DIV3BTEAM.HTM

We will have our top 7 under 18:00 again next year and that in itself will at least get us to State. Russia will battle us in the Southwest and they were young this year and will continue to get better. I see our top 3 under 17:00 next year and yes........J. White and Sam will be out for track and continue to work hard in the summer. We also have two JH runners who have run 18's for a road 5k. I know that the Anna coach voted us in earlier than anyone else did and we thank him for that!! We don't roar loud enough down here in the south.

about50ninjas that middle school state meet means absolutely nothing there is no one good there, Minster won it last year without there 4 and 5 runners and there 6 runner was injured and they still won.

I know the Middle School State meet is not a true state meet. I am aware that there is no qualifying procedure and anybody can run there if they want to. I was just verifying a point that CCFREAK made. Is there anyone good at the middle school race in Tiffin, because if I remember correctly Independence won that? I'm not going out and saying that their upcoming freshmen are going to go sub-17 like other people who post on here. They may, but who knows? It's always tough to gauge how freshmen will do. I was just backing up something another poster said.

yes independence did when that so they should have some pretty good talent coming in....but minster is getting the kid who won that and who knows how good he could get

If we are talking about JH as a gauge....Russia JH was unbeatable this past season.

If they keep their team fed with these kids, Russia will have 5-6 straight years around the top 5

Stuart henderson was a jr that year and ran a 15:10 at nationals. did not run his senior year.

McDonald will definately have a chance to win their 7th state title in cc

If we are talking about JH as a gauge....Russia JH was unbeatable this past season.

If they keep their team fed with these kids, Russia will have 5-6 straight years around the top 5

thats true they utterly destroyed and i think the year before that minster went around just destroying everyone

Minster JH last year was unbeatable on the boys and girls side. The only team that came close to them at Tiffin was St. Joseph Sylvania. But all those kids disperse to D1 Catholic Schools all over Toledo.

Last edited:
yes independence did when that so they should have some pretty good talent coming in....but minster is getting the kid who won that and who knows how good he could get

Independence will have a couple 8th graders who might help them next fall, but the top runner on their jr. high team was a 7th grader, and to no great surprise, he's a Polman (Tyler).

I'm predicting right now that if minster makes it to state next year (which I don't think they will) they won't get top 8.

mcdonald and maplewood teams only lose 1 runner. seneca east were young this year, so they should do pretty well next year. as the same with garaway

Man what is it that all of the teams in NE Ohio do up there? It seems like McDonald, Maplewood, Independence, and other schools up there are always competing for a state title! I am from down near Russia, and I agree their JH team was amazing, but I bet they never get to the level the NE Ohio teams compete at....question is why is that???

McDonald and Maplewood receive 90% of the same training. They even do workouts together during the year. The Rupe brothers are 2 of the best in the nation.. Independence is a large d3 running school and has a great family coming through plus some of the nicest areas to train in ohio.

Chris Rupe is taking kids that have no business breaking 18 and having them running 16:50s-low 17s. that might be the most impressive thing about him. getting nonathletes to buy into the sport and spending years molding them into running machines. It also helps that the community, school, and other athletes fully support the program making it cool to run.