Division 1, R4 Thread

MoeBeturLojik

Now with Moeller upsetting Eds and Ignatius upsetting X, things changed.
Does Moeller have a #1 lock if they win in week 10? Never would've expected that two weeks ago.

Current Harbin Standings after week 9 - from http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.jsp?region=4&year=2021
1. 31.19 (7-2) Moeller - plays Martin Luther King (Detroit MI) (7-1)
2. 27.71 (7-2) St. Xavier - plays Eagle's Landing Christian Academy (McDonough, GA) (2-5 against a brutal schedule)
3. 23.50 (7-1) Lakota West - plays Lakota East (7-2)
4. 21.39 (8-1) Princeton - Plays Colerain (5-4)
5. 18.34 (7-2) Lakota East - Plays Lakota West (7-1)
6. 15.63 (5-4) Milford - Plays West Clermont (2-7)
7. 12.22 (4-4) Fairfield - Plays Middletown (1-7)
8. 11.53 (3-5) Elder - Plays LaSalle (5-4)
9. 10.40 (5-4) Colerain - Plays Princeton (8-1)
10. 8.96 (3-6) Mason - Plays Hamilton (2-5)
11. 8.93 (4-5) Sycamore - Plays Oak Hills (0-9)
12. 7.62 (2-6) Lebanon - Plays Walnut HIlls (2-7)
13. 7.78 (2-7) Walnut Hills - plays Lebanon (2-6)
14. 3.94 (2-7) West Clermont - plays Milford (5-4)
15. 3.52 (2-5) Hamilton - plays Mason (3-6)
16. 0.75 (1-5) Western Hills - Plays Aiken (2-5)
17. 0.00 (0-9) Oak Hills - Plays Sycamore (4-15)

Last edited:

Don’t understand this after the beat down X put on Moeller. X schedule top to bottom is better by a little bit IMO and they hold the head to head with the same record. Should still be one, but it’s closer than it was week 4.

Don’t understand this after the beat down X put on Moeller. X schedule top to bottom is better by a little bit IMO and they hold the head to head with the same record. Should still be one, but it’s closer than it was week 4.
Moeller mathematically clinches #1 Harbin seed with a victory in week 10. Do the math. GBM

Moeller deserves it. They beat StI's and St Ed's. Lets not forget they lost to STX without their starting QB. Right now Moeller is the hot team and deserves the #1 ranking.

I think the stat guy “ReLoad” posted something like, even if Moe loses to King, they still could end up 1 in the Harbin with their W over St Ed and L for X v St I. ? Way too much math for me to figure that out. Get your seed, find your path, and win.

Anyone know if Moe’s opponent this week is any good? Having played both, I am shocked X lost to Ignatius.

Anyone know if Moe’s opponent this week is any good? Having played both, I am shocked X lost to Ignatius.
For what it’s worth, calpreps has Moe at a rating of 52.7, King (their opponent this week) at 40.7.
They have St X 63.3, St Ed 61.7, and St I 48.2

Yes, they are very good. 5 star QB Dante Moore (jr.) being recruited be every team in country. 8-1 going into game with Moeller in Detroit (they come to Cincy in 2022). Should be another Barn Burner for Crusaders.

princeton will make a run now that got they qb back.
Will they? Their biggest win was in week 1 over D2 Anderson and they have only 1 other win of a team currently at .500 or above. I have a great deal of respect for Coach Parker (probably Cincinnati's most underrated coach), but Princeton was supposed to make a run last year and then lost at home in the second round.

Will they? Their biggest win was in week 1 over D2 Anderson and they have only 1 other win of a team currently at .500 or above. I have a great deal of respect for Coach Parker (probably Cincinnati's most underrated coach), but Princeton was supposed to make a run last year and then lost at home in the second round.
They will make a run getting healthy at the right time

What about the Lakota West vs East game? Could anything happen? I'd assume that West is the favorite, but East is very good this year. Could a LW win propel them above St. X? Would LE take the #3 spot with a win?
----------
Colerain vs Princeton sounds like an intriguing game too with alot at stake in the Harbins. Who will win this one?
----------
Elder vs LaSalle. After seeing both, I'll have to go with Elder on this one.

Harbin Watch
From a Harbin standpoint StX is the #2 seed in Region 4, win or lose their final game.
If they beat ELCA they have a chance to be the #1 seed if Moeller loses to King
and then 2 of the following 3 things happen......
Hoban beats St. Eds, Portsmouth beats Ironton, Alter beats Chaminade
and Moeller will finish less than 32.

Here is the math.....
StX beats ELCA will finish with Harbin total of 32.0
StX loses to ELCA will finish with a Harbin total of 30.3
none of the other teams in region 4 can eclipse 30.3 so even with a loss StX retains the #2 seed

Harbin Region 4 Current Standings for Top 6 (after Week 9)
Moeller (7-2) 30.2; King (5-1)
StX (7-2) 27.7; ELCA (2-5)
Lakota West (7-1) 23.5; Lakota East (7-2) win finish @29
Princeton (8-1) 21.4; Colerain (5-4) win finish @26
Lakota East (7-2) 18.3; Lakota West (7-1) win finish @24
Milford (5-4) 15.6; West Clermont (2-7) win finish @19

*data is based on the favored team winning on the schedules of above teams

Three great games in R4 this weekend with calpreps projections.

Elder (Cincinnati, OH) at La Salle (Cincinnati, OH), 7:00pm [projection: La Salle (Cincinnati, OH) 35-28]
Lakota East (Liberty Township, OH) at Lakota West (West Chester, OH), 7:00pm [projection: Lakota West (West Chester, OH) 28-17]
Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) at Princeton (Cincinnati, OH), 7:00pm [projection: Princeton (Cincinnati, OH) 31-17]

I'll take Elder, Lakota West & Princeton.

Also, there's:
Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati, OH) at King (Detroit, MI), 4:00pm [projection: Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati, OH) 41-26]
Eagle's Landing Christian Academy (McDonough, GA) at St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH), 7:00pm [projection: St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH) 42-14]

Three great games in R4 this weekend with calpreps projections.

Elder (Cincinnati, OH) at La Salle (Cincinnati, OH), 7:00pm [projection: La Salle (Cincinnati, OH) 35-28]
Lakota East (Liberty Township, OH) at Lakota West (West Chester, OH), 7:00pm [projection: Lakota West (West Chester, OH) 28-17]
Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) at Princeton (Cincinnati, OH), 7:00pm [projection: Princeton (Cincinnati, OH) 31-17]

I'll take Elder, Lakota West & Princeton.

Also, there's:
Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati, OH) at King (Detroit, MI), 4:00pm [projection: Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati, OH) 41-26]
Eagle's Landing Christian Academy (McDonough, GA) at St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH), 7:00pm [projection: St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH) 42-14]
I'm a St. X guy but I'd be wary of that prediction. Eagle's Landing has 5-7 D1 offer guys and should be a very competitive game. RT is 6'6 348 with multiple big D1 offers and WR/DB #7 has offers from BC, Florida, Tennessee among others. We'll see though.

Lets go Hoban!
Lets go Portsmouth!
Lets go Alter!
Lets go King!

I think this is my first time rooting for those 4 teams

GO X!
Halftime Scores

StX 41
ELCA 14

King 7
Moeller 7

Alter 35
Chaminade 14

St. Edward 14
Hoban 10

Portsmouth 9
Ironton 7

Lets go Hoban!
Lets go Portsmouth!
Lets go Alter!
Lets go King!

I think this is my first time rooting for those 4 teams

GO X!
Moe made enough mistakes to help you out. Can’t do that against a team with an O like King. “Tom 48” might be on to something with his bus ride theory. How did the rest of the games fair?

Moe made enough mistakes to help you out. Can’t do that against a team with an O like King. “Tom 48” might be on to something with his bus ride theory. How did the rest of the games fair?
Looked like a helluva game

Final Scores

StX 44
ELCA 14

King 39
Moeller 29

Alter 42
Chaminade 28
4 minutes to play

St. Edward 28
Hoban 17

Portsmouth 36
Ironton 9

X won and Moeller lost but it looks like only 1 of the 3 other games will go the Bombers way it will be close but if my math was correct X will fall a little short and get the 2 seed

Joe Harbin Official
* Elder cannot move up to #6 if Football North upsets St. Ignatius Saturday.

#1 Moeller
#2 St. Xavier
#3 Lakota West
#4 Princeton
#5 Lakota East
#6 Milford
#7 Elder
#8 Fairfield
#9 Mason
#10 Colerain
#11 Lebanon
#12 Sycamore
#13 Walnut Hills
#14 West Clermont
#15 Hamilton
#16 Oak Hills

Last edited:
#1 Moeller vs. #16 Oak Hills
#8 Fairfield vs. #9 Mason

#4 Princeton vs. #13 Walnut Hills
#5 Lakota East vs. #12 Sycamore

#3 Lakota West vs. #14 West Clermont
#6 Milford vs. #11 Lebanon

#2 St. Xavier vs. #15 Hamilton
#7 Elder vs. #10 Colerain

The best first round game is Elder vs. Colerain. I could see that going either way.

Milford just lost 24-20 to Lebanon that game should be close again.
Fairfield beat Mason 27-22 earlier in the year that game should be close again.
Lakota East beat Sycamore 34-27 earlier in the year. That seems closer than it should be.

The rest of the games will not be close.

The next time I plan to get up to Cinci would be during week 3. Now if we can take care of business. Beat Oak Hills and the winner of the Fairfield-Mason game. Week 3 would likely be a match-up with Princeton which would be cool. Princeton didn't play Lakota East in the regular season so that could be a good match-up during week 2. The good news is we won't see X or LW until week 4.

Now if we can take care of business and not make the mistakes we seem to have been making most of the season. Last night against a very talented Detroit MLK team with half its starters D1 prospects, it hurt us big time. Not that my opinion matters, but I'm really pleased with the turn around that coach Elder has made with the team from last year. The development of talent in just one year has been remarkable. We are just a few game mistakes away from turning the corner. Things look really promising for the future.

Moe is 3rd in GCL and 1st in region. Odd turn of events.
Take the wins of the teams they beat for L2 Points:
(All teams Div I unless otherwise noted)

St. Xavier (8-2)

8 Lakota West
5 Colerain
5 Olentangy Liberty
4 Penn IN
7 Moeller
5 Elder
5 LaSalle (Div II)
2 Eagle's Landing GA (Div VI)
41 Wins
245 L2 Points

Moeller (7-3)

7 Lakota East
3 Chaminade (Div III)
8 East Central IN (Div II)
9 Ironton (Div V)
5 LaSalle (Div II)
6 Ignatius
9 St. Eds
47 Wins
265 L2 Points

That's what the Harbin system focuses on, number of wins of the teams you beat.

I never took the time to learn the Harbin math. I'm not complaining, just noting that D1 R4 is odd right now. Has it ever happened before that a 3 loss team that finished 3rd in their league won the region? To the Harbin experts, if Lakota West vs Hamilton had not been canceled and assuming West won, would that have made X the number 1 seed?

Last edited:
I never took the time to learn the Harbin math. I'm not complaining, just noting that D1 R4 is odd right now. Has it ever happened before that a 3 loss team that finished 3rd in their league won the region? To the Harbin experts, if Lakota West vs Hamilton had not been canceled and assuming West won, would that have made X the number 1 seed?
Same, not the same, Moeller won State Title about 8-10 years ago after a 6-4 season.