District/Regional Sites

ghsknightsfan

love the Knights and Grey Ghosts!
have any sites changed for the season? no way of really finding out.

hoping Greenon gets out out of the Graham district or they change sites. the facility is not anything special. the other Dayton district is at Piqua where they run at a wonderful facility. i wish they would switch to 2 of the better facilities in the area (Piqua is fine, replace Graham), then go back to a seeding draw (like other sports).

also, Graham and Piqua are very close in proximity. they could find 15 better sites in the area than Graham.

What in particular makes the Piqua facilities better than Graham?
what doesn’t?
Piqua is an all around amazing facility.
Graham has average facilities, with nice size bleachers.
Piqua also has turf for athletes to warm up on, which is quite nice.

I agree the turf for athletes to warm up on, is nice. Forgot about that.
Graham isn’t a bad location- but they could’ve picked a much better one.

mind you, this region spans from east clinton, to eaton, to versailles, to ben logan. yet the 2 district sites are extremely close.

NE district assignments up
Guess we're not seeding and picking which site we want to go to, or did the NEDAB completely forget about that? It's OK if they forgot. Regardless of how difficult the competition has been, I like the district site to which my school has traditionally been assigned.

Am I wrong, or does the spreadsheet say 2020? I hit refresh and it still comes up 2020 on the spreadsheet.
For DI and DII, spreadsheet tab at bottom of sheet says 2019, heading on spreadsheet says 2020, file is titled 2021.
For DIII, tab at bottom says 2019, but both heading and file say 2021.

Meet dates at bottom of each district site column are dated 2021.

For DI and DII, spreadsheet tab at bottom of sheet says 2019, heading on spreadsheet says 2020, file is titled 2021.
For DIII, tab at bottom says 2019, but both heading and file say 2021.

Meet dates at bottom of each district site column are dated 2021.
Did not look at meet dates. Did not look at file title. That is helpful.
It's sort of like when I would sit down and check over my youngest sons homework and lose my mind from how sloppy he was.

D2 makes no sense of why some schools have to travel past other schools on their way to a further site. Why does Woodridge, CVCA and Streetsboro (and other schools I'm sure) have to travel past every school going to Perry on their way to Lakeview? Bedford makes much more sense to host boys and girls and Lakeview just the girls. I've given up trying to figure it out. Guess we just have to be happy to start at the district meet. My throwers historically throw terrible at Lakeview. We have to figure that out.

What schools would they pass on their way to Lakeview? Perry is schools East of Cleveland. Those 3 schools you mentioned would travel 76/80 East then up Route 11 to get to Lakeview which is schools along the PA border and some schools West of Youngstown.

Now looking at your comment I might ask, why do those 3 schools travel past Salem to get to Lakeview!!
Yeah, that makes sense too. I understand the 76/80 thing and getting to Lakeview isn't a big deal, but The Bedford site makes more sense to me for boys and girls and have Lakeview be girls only. I guess it's a matter of sites willing to do District meets. Just depends on how you are splitting things up north south east and west. Some sites real close to each other and one nowhere near the others. Does Salem have a PV facility yet? Do they still have to go the Fitch to PV? That should be a disqualifier. Couldn't use Brunswick for D2? Or Strongsville or some other location in that Quadrant? Even Ravenna?

We have not had good experiences at Lakeview the last two years we were at that District. Not sure if we need a 5 or 7 step Karma Cleansing, but we need to do something. I've forgiven the poor officiating already, so one step completed.

Last edited:
Yeah, that makes sense too. I understand the 76/80 thing and getting to Lakeview isn't a big deal, but The Bedford site makes more sense to me for boys and girls and have Lakeview be girls only. I guess it's a matter of sites willing to do District meets. Just depends on how you are splitting things up north south east and west. Some sites real close to each other and one nowhere near the others. Does Salem have a PV facility yet? Do they still have to go the Fitch to PV? That should be a disqualifier. Couldn't use Brunswick for D2? Or Strongsville or some other location in that Quadrant? Even Ravenna?

We have not had good experiences at Lakeview the last two years we were at that District. Not sure if we need a 5 or 7 step Karma Cleansing, but we need to do something. I've forgiven the poor officiating already, so one step completed.
Salem has beautiful turf and a beautiful red track but no PV facility. It was ridiculous when my school was the only school in the district that had pole vaulters (we're west of downtown Canton), and they had to go to Austintown to vault on Wed. and Fri. w/ the DI vaulters. Couldn't even allow our vaulters to compete at North Canton or even Norwayne, both of which would've been closer. IIRC, after my school dropped to DIII, a couple other schools that got moved to the Salem district successfully got the PV relocated to North Canton. Those were the westernmost schools competing in the district meet at Salem. They claimed doing it at Fitch would prevent their kids from making it to their graduations or something. I'm assuming using Fitch as the default site is due to the officiating and timing crew being the same for both Fitch and Salem.

I understand Reilly Stadium's longstanding use as a venue for tournament level track and field, but I never liked going there. It's nearly impossible to get around that place during a meet.

If you really want something to scratch your head take a look at the D3 Northwest District Regional assignments. The Colonel Crawford district gets split. This is not what I scratch my head about, but where they send to boys for regionals. They send the boys teams to Chillicothe Southeast. The Troy Regional is closer to this regional site (107) than the Crawford District

If you really want something to scratch your head take a look at the D3 Northwest District Regional assignments. The Colonel Crawford district gets split. This is not what I scratch my head about, but where they send to boys for regionals. They send the boys teams to Chillicothe Southeast. The Troy Regional is closer to this regional site (107) than the Crawford District
Have to agree. Southeastern is a surprise choice for the Regional Track Meet in Division III. Southeastern HS principle is on the OHSAA board and they stepped up and hosted the Regionals in Basketball. The Stadium at Southeastern is newer but very big. Hamilton Twp in southern Franklin County would be a better site travel wise for many involved.

Have to agree. Southeastern is a surprise choice for the Regional Track Meet in Division III. Southeastern HS principle is on the OHSAA board and they stepped up and hosted the Regionals in Basketball. The Stadium at Southeastern is newer but very big. Hamilton Twp in southern Franklin County would be a better site travel wise for many involved.
i think it all depends which districts are set to go to that regional

Where is the state meet at?
DI meet is at one of the Hilliard Darby, DII at Pickerington North, and DIII at Westerville North. AFAIK, all 3 will be contested on Fri. and Sat. afternoon in the same time window, so there will be no way to catch a division in the morning and a different division in the late afternoon.