District Finals

I was at the game as well and agree that Mason had an opportunity to close the game out in the first OT and probably should have with that open look. The foul at the end was the result of three girls colliding to get to the ball and all pushing each other. I agree with you that could have been called a foul but from my angle, could have seen the ref let them play on as all three just converged on the ball. On the other hand, 2 minutes before that happened, Seton crossed it and there was an obvious hand ball in the box, the defender was all alone and the ball just went out of bounds. The ball just doesn't bounce that way off someone's body (they actually missed another during regulation) - If you are not going to call one in the box, you shouldn't call the other.

For how high of caliber those teams are, they sure had three refs that had zero business being on the field at that point in the tournament. Who ever assigns the refs should be ashamed of them self. Both teams deserved better than what was out there.
Problem is no one wants to ref because of all the a-hole parents who think they're all soccer experts.

Problem is no one wants to ref because of all the a-hole parents who think they're all soccer experts.
When reffing (which I do), who cares about what people in the stands yell at you - it has and always will be part of the game. You should only worry about what is going on within the field/court - players & coaches. Out of all the sports I have watched/coached over the years, soccer refs have consistently engaged in conversation with the parents/fans which I do not understand.

So true. I’m thinking there are a lot of fans from this game that are still complaining about that call.
I am sure they are and hopefully they can see the videos which someone corrected me which I was happy to understand the calls but there were many other questionable calls throughout the game going against both sides.

Oh well - such is life - it was a great game to watch between two great high school teams. Good luck to Mason on the next round

I'm guessing this is the play you are referring to, ElderMackStud. The Seton player did not react like she thought it was a handball. The side ref was right behind the play and didn't see anything either.

To me, it looked like it hit off her chest as she was turning towards the end line.
I agree. Not a hand ball.

I watched the Seton/Mason game online. The PK was absolutely the correct call. Here's a video of the play. Seton played a super high line. The game should have been over at least 3 times on clear breakaways. Mason was called for offsides at least 10 times. Seton was more technically sound, but Mason had more dangerous opportunities in my opinion.

You will see in the video there were only 2 girls involved in the play. The Mason player is bumped from behind and falls. It seems pretty clear to me. I'll try to find the handball and post it.
Looks like a PK to me. Bad luck for sure. But it was the right call.