District Finals

Empty CUP

After some pretty good games, a large number of 1 or 2 goal games, last minute game winners and multiple OT's including a Double OT, second round of PK's D1 game we are at the district finals.

All the local State ranked teams that entered the playoffs are still alive. except the huge D2 #1 Summitt upset and D2 #15 Oakwood who lost in a last minute PK to D2 #2 Alter

I'd say the State rankings were pretty accurate so far.

Some interesting matchups here with state ranked teams squaring off in 5 of 11 matches, a couple rematches that were draw's last time. Badin vs Monroe that was 1-1 where Badin gave up 1 of the only 4 goals they allowed all year. and Alter vs. Carroll a conference match up that was 0-0 last time one of only 3 games Alter was held scoreless. Greenon has a perfect record but fairly untested vs CCD that is undefeated. Untested Anna vs inconsistent Waynesville both teams like to score. Wyoming is playing gritty soccer. Undefeated MND vs 1 loss Miamisburg. Centerville's stout Defense vs Milford's opportunistic attack. Mason vs. Seton both likely should be state ranked and yet neither are. Creek and Loveland both great coaches who are among the most consistent teams in the state.

D1
#11 Beavercreek vs. #13 Loveland
Mason vs. Seton
#2 MND vs "ORV" Miamisburg
#8 Centerville vs. #5 Milford

D2
Wyoming vs Tipp City
#11 Monroe vs. #10 Badin
Carroll vs #2 Alter

D3
#1 CCD vs. Greenon
#7 Mariemont vs. Greenview
#10 Madeira vs. Lehman
#15 Anna vs. #6 Waynesville

My take

D1
#11 Beavercreek vs. #13 Loveland 2-1
Mason vs. Seton 2-1
#2 MND
vs "ORV" Miamisburg 3-1
#8 Centerville
vs. #5 Milford 2-0

D2
Wyoming vs Tipp City 3-2
#11 Monroe vs. #10 Badin 1-0 OT
Carroll vs #2 Alter 1-0

D3
#1 CCD vs. Greenon 3-1
#7 Mariemont
vs. Greenview 3-1
#10 Madeira
vs. Lehman 2-0
#15 Anna vs. #6 Waynesville 5-3

I'll take a stab at D1 and D2:

D1
#11 Beavercreek vs. #13 Loveland 2-1
Mason vs. Seton 3-2
#2 MND
vs "ORV" Miamisburg 4-2
#8 Centerville
vs. #5 Milford 1-0

D2
Wyoming vs Tippecanoe 3-1
#11 Monroe vs. #10 Badin 2-1
Carroll
vs #2 Alter 1-0

D1:
Might have actually been a plus that Beavercreek had their breakdown against Bellbrook. Had it happened against Loveland, it wouldn't have lasted beyond regulation. Lot of reasons to bet on Loveland here, but I still like Creek's chances after the wake-up call. Seton and Mason should be a thriller, but I think this is Seton's to lose. Miamisburg shouldn't be taken lightly here. If Russo gets going early, potential upset. I think MND is still too much for Burg's D though. Centerville needs a goal early to survive against Milford. If they can get it, I think they park the bus and win it.

D2:
Wyoming had a nice impressive postseason win against Taylor and should win this with ease. Monroe/Badin a toss-up. Alter dealing with some offensive injuries? Picking Carroll as the surprise win of the evening.

I haven't seen Waynesville. Obviously, they are good. Anna's one of the tougher teams up our way.
We have some talent in Waynesville but lots of room to improve. Should be a good game. I'm out of state so I'll unfortunately be watching from facebook live.

D1
#11 Beavercreek vs. #13 Loveland / Creek 1-0 (they know what Loveland brings I think they will defend the set pieces well)
Mason vs. Seton / Seton 3-1
#2 MND vs "ORV" Miamisburg / MND 2-1 ( Fields best defender Russo will see, Gregory could cause them trouble with Carpenter out)
#8 Centerville vs. #5 Milford / Milford 1-0

D2
Wyoming vs Tipp City / Wyo 2-1 (played both, but only a half vs Wyoming. Wyoming is faster and has more weapons)
#11 Monroe vs. #10 Badin / Badin 1-0 (Badin keeper is legit awesome, her club teammate on Monroe's D backline is equally talented)
Carroll vs #2 Alter / Alter 1-0 (Alter beat us with two 40+ yard bombs that had no business going in. well Disciplined team overall)

D3
#1 CCD vs. Greenon / CCD 3-0 ("The" gold standard in Ohio for D3)
#7 Mariemont vs. Greenview / Mariemont 4-0 (we played both, and won 4-1 vs Mariemont and 9-0 vs Greenview. Mariemont is 2x as good )
#10 Madeira vs. Lehman / Madeira 4-0 (Molly playing makes then very dangerous)
#15 Anna vs. #6 Waynesville / Waynesville 4-1 (been wanting them to play Anna for 2 years and I'm going to miss it.)

Last edited:
D1
#11 Beavercreek vs. #13 Loveland -- 2-1
Mason vs. Seton -- 2-1
#2 MND
vs "ORV" Miamisburg -- 3-0
#8 Centerville vs. #5 Milford -- 1-0

D2
Wyoming vs Tipp City -- 3-0
#11 Monroe vs. #10 Badin -- 1-0
Carroll vs #2 Alter -- 1-0

D3
#1 CCD vs. Greenon -- 7-0
#7 Mariemont
vs. Greenview -- 3-0
#10 Madeira
vs. Lehman -- 3-0
#15 Anna vs. #6 Waynesville -- 5-1

Waynesville 5
Anna 0

Mariemont 4
Greenview 0

CCD 7
Greenon 0

Badin 1
Monroe 0

Alter 2
Carroll 0

Wyoming 3 / OT
Tipp 2

I actually went to the Seton/Mason game. Seton's Head coach did receive a Red card (2nd Yellow).
The PK in 2nd OT, is a PK every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Was a very good/entertaining game. Seton's Center Back went down injured 2nd half. Hope she is ok! She did not return, which hurt Seton, as she is a top notch player. Mason had a few breakaways second half and OT to finish the game, but miss hit it, or a great save by the Seton GK. Very entertaining game for the average fan.

I actually went to the Seton/Mason game. Seton's Head coach did receive a Red card (2nd Yellow).
The PK in 2nd OT, is a PK every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Was a very good/entertaining game. Seton's Center Back went down injured 2nd half. Hope she is ok! She did not return, which hurt Seton, as she is a top notch player. Mason had a few breakaways second half and OT to finish the game, but miss hit it, or a great save by the Seton GK. Very entertaining game for the average fan.

Heard it was her ACL, but that's what i heard along with bad refs.

I was at the game as well and agree that Mason had an opportunity to close the game out in the first OT and probably should have with that open look. The foul at the end was the result of three girls colliding to get to the ball and all pushing each other. I agree with you that could have been called a foul but from my angle, could have seen the ref let them play on as all three just converged on the ball. On the other hand, 2 minutes before that happened, Seton crossed it and there was an obvious hand ball in the box, the defender was all alone and the ball just went out of bounds. The ball just doesn't bounce that way off someone's body (they actually missed another during regulation) - If you are not going to call one in the box, you shouldn't call the other.

For how high of caliber those teams are, they sure had three refs that had zero business being on the field at that point in the tournament. Who ever assigns the refs should be ashamed of them self. Both teams deserved better than what was out there.

I watched the Seton/Mason game online. The PK was absolutely the correct call. Here's a video of the play. Seton played a super high line. The game should have been over at least 3 times on clear breakaways. Mason was called for offsides at least 10 times. Seton was more technically sound, but Mason had more dangerous opportunities in my opinion.

You will see in the video there were only 2 girls involved in the play. The Mason player is bumped from behind and falls. It seems pretty clear to me. I'll try to find the handball and post it.

I'm guessing this is the play you are referring to, ElderMackStud. The Seton player did not react like she thought it was a handball. The side ref was right behind the play and didn't see anything either.

To me, it looked like it hit off her chest as she was turning towards the end line.

The camera angle should be similar to what fans had, and of course, there's always the possibility we couldn't see the hand contact, but with the ref standing right there, I'd have to think he didn't miss it. @ElderMackStud also says it was in the box. That claim is 100% incorrect.

edit:
Ha, we posted that at the same time! ?

I watched the Seton/Mason game online. The PK was absolutely the correct call. Here's a video of the play. Seton played a super high line. The game should have been over at least 3 times on clear breakaways. Mason was called for offsides at least 10 times. Seton was more technically sound, but Mason had more dangerous opportunities in my opinion.

You will see in the video there were only 2 girls involved in the play. The Mason player is bumped from behind and falls. It seems pretty clear to me. I'll try to find the handball and post it.
That is a clearer angle than from where I was standing- stand corrected - thanks

The camera angle should be similar to what fans had, and of course, there's always the possibility we couldn't see the hand contact, but with the ref standing right there, I'd have to think he didn't miss it. @ElderMackStud also says it was in the box. That claim is 100% incorrect.

edit:
Ha, we posted that at the same time! ?
I stand corrected on this one as it was outside the box - admit when I am wrong - thanks for posting

Still looks like it hit the arm :)

Anyone know the locations for the regional semis?

MND vs Beavercreek.
Mason vs Centerville.

Im going...

2-0 MND over Beavercreek.
Centerville 1-0 over Mason.