Dist. Tournament: Division I - Hilliard Darby, streamed live

The tournament day operations and scoring will utilize Trackwrestling; (www.trackwrestling.com). All tournament info and results will be posted on baumspage.com
The tournament will be available via Trackcast (recommended Google Chrome and a cleared cache for optimum streaming). All (4) mats will be broadcast. $10 access fee for the entire tournament.
Direct link to the tournament Baumspage; https://www.baumspage.com/wr/wrevent.php?peventID=186&table=C
Direct link to the Tournament Trackwrestling/Trackcast;

All four mats will be broadcast.......

Hopefully that doesn't mean one or two camera's for four mats. I just want to watch wrestling like everyone else. I'm willing to pay, just want to be able to see the matches.

As far as I know, it'll be one camera per mat. Probably located at the head table (if Track runs it like they normally do).

IIRC, track allows you to choose the mat you'd like to view. I'm unsure if they have a PIP feature, split feature, or a multi screen feature.

But that's what I know right now.

And I guarantee the code gets released. Not sure when, but it will.

As far as I know, it'll be one camera per mat. Probably located at the head table (if Track runs it like they normally do).

IIRC, track allows you to choose the mat you'd like to view. I'm unsure if they have a PIP feature, split feature, or a multi screen feature.

But that's what I know right now.

And I guarantee the code gets released. Not sure when, but it will.
That is correct. Each mat will have a camera.

Says you need promo code ? Am I missing something ? Don’t see it anywhere maybe I’m just not seeing it ..

Bypass that. I just went through the steps. It will ask you to provide an email and then a passcode (this is something you can autogenerate using the green button next to the box or type something you'd like. ...and can easily remember, rather than a strand of letter-number combos.)

After that, just pay the $10.

Track has been great for darby, everything ran smooth from looks of it. Still very weird limiting coaches and family just to bow down and take a knee to the dictator commys! Its a shame the kids dont get to experience the Schott! I was there last year before the commys went nuts! At least this years kids get a state!

Going to use this thread to give my thoughts.

Thought 1: Love. This. Event.
Kudos to all involved. Host School. Admin. Coaches. Media. Competitors. Family/Friends/Fans - Day 1 was great.

106: Slubowski(HDA) over Myers (UA) biggest surprise to me here. Jordan(WY) over Louks(WM) interesting. Myers(UA) vs Baumann(DC) Nice way to start tomorrow AM.

113: Thomas(UA) looking good making his way to the Semis. Ayoub(DC) clearly the favorite in this top semi, not shocking if Thomas could make it competitive. I like him to qualify regardless. Keep an eye on Pfarr.

120: Plants (LH) super impressive here. I like him for the bottom semi. Le up top. Spurgeon I think takes out Ohle(Wn) to go. Bottom Semi loser (whether im correct or not) beats sheets(GC) to go.

126: Hutsler (Lan) up top. Ayoub (Dc) down low. I like Orlando to qualify in the blood round, Gooding in other conso semi.

132: Birden(DC). Ill take Shanklin(UA) as his final opponent. Wild consos. Anyones game imo for 3/4/5/6.

138: Heard(Mar), and Lake(Chi) on fire right now. I like the Reed(Lan) v Heard(Mar) final. Graham(TV) and Lake(Chi) clear consos.

145: Nice run for Rojas(WK). I'll take him in the consos after he takes a shot at Euton(WN). Bottom semi a tossup. Williams(GL) wins out bottom conso semi.

152: I like Will(Mar) to reverse the result tomorrow. Hurley(WL) clears conso. Uliano(OL) into final, Steele(WC) clears conso.

160: Knapp(OO) up top, but Halliday(DH) will be ready. Loser clears conso I trhink. Nice run from Karr Jr(Reyn), not totally sure what to expect, but another level of challenge awaits him in Gartrell(DC). Loser of that Semi clear conso as well I think.

170: Top semi a tossup, either would clear conso I think. Fitz (OL) takes bottom semi, I like Svantner(OO) to squeeze in bottom conso.

182: McDanal(TV) vs Broski(DC) final. Dempsey(OO) and Jamison(TW) clear conso.

195: I Like Albertini(WN) up top. Shumate(DC) obviously down low. Ours(DH), and Mullens(WL) clear.

220: I'll take Nelson(GM up top. Russo(OL) bottom semi. Wilson (TV) form conso, OReilly(WS) as well.

285: Top semi will be interesting, but ill take Ucker(DC). Weaver(Darby) below. Great run from Stradley thus far, he will make it tough but Ill take Thurston(TV) in sonso, along with McMinn(Mar)

He was down 4 with a second left and through what appeared to be a punch in the semis and was thrown out of the tournament.

220 Go to State Match between Coffman and TV won't soon be forgotten. I have seen the leg in, torque the shoulder be called potentially dangerous but have never seen it go straight to illegal hold. Horrible look for the TV program and their 220 to take advantage of the bad call and stop the match like that.

220 Go to State Match between Coffman and TV won't soon be forgotten. I have seen the leg in, torque the shoulder be called potentially dangerous but have never seen it go straight to illegal hold. Horrible look for the TV program and their 220 to take advantage of the bad call and stop the match like that.
If it was an illegal move the ref stopped the match, not the wrestler or coaches.

The ref blows the whistle to break the hold, he did not decide the TV wrestler could not continue down 4-1(the one point was the penalty point with 40 seconds left.
That's a tough one, but considering he was unable to wrestle for 3/4 it was obviously still bothering him. My opinion with shoulder injuries is you don't put the kid back on the mat unless that shoulder is close to 100 percent. Too often I've seen kids shoulders get cranked (bar, full nelson,etc. ) give up the penalty point and kid tries to finish with a hurt shoulder, then guy runs a legal half/ bar on hurt shoulder and kid gets pinned.
It stinks, but if the kid could wrestle an hour later for 3/4, he obviously wasn't close to 100% after 2 min recovery time.
Did not see it, just giving my unbiased thoughts.

The Ref didn't stop that match, what in the world are you talking about. That match was stopped by TV head coach, the wrestler got up ready to wrestle, but TV coach went to the table and said he's done.

I don’t know either of these kids, and I am sure this isn’t the way either of them would want this to go down.

That being said, this is one of the most egregious, HORRIBLE examples of what leadership should be. ESPECIALLY in our sport. I feel terrible for the young man who “won” this way - not his fault.

But honestly - is this the level of integrity that the TV coaching staff has? That’s what your integrity is worth?

I should’ve just stayed quiet, because it does not involve me at all. But it STINKS.

Sorry to see this,dc kid deserved to have his hand raised poor performance by the ref and the TV coaching staff. Hope this call will be reveiwed by refs next year in there meetings

Sorry to see this,dc kid deserved to have his hand raised poor performance by the ref and the TV coaching staff. Hope this call will be reveiwed by refs next year in there meetings
Are you saying it was not illegal, or are you saying they should not call it because the kid was losing by 4 with 40 seconds left?

What was with Karr at 160 from Reyonldsburg leaving with a double DQ?

We were on deck at this mat. IMO Refs let the Reynoldsburg kid get way to psychical from the git...he tried to step in a couple times and calm him down but it just boiled the more Gatrell opened the match up...there was 1 second left on the clock and given the score was 10-5, the ref should have blown the whistle and stayed in between them...it was chippy right before that..he blew the whistle, stepped back and the Burg kid swung HARD at Gatrell with a right over hand, closed fist...he then had both hands up like he wanted to box...I approached Gatrell in the back room and shook his hand and told him major kudos for keeping his cool and not retaliating...furthermore when Knapp did a back flip in his face after the finals match, again the kid did not react...huge props to him

Last edited:
We were on deck at this mat. IMO Refs let the Reynoldsburg get way to psychical from the git...he tried to step in a couple times and calm him down but it just boiled the more Gatrell opened the match up...there was 1 second left on the clock and given the score was 10-5, the ref should have blown the whistle and stayed in between them...it was chippy right before that..he blew the whistle, stepped back and the Burg kid swung HARD at Gatrell with a right over hand, closed fist...he then had both hands up like he wanted to box...I approached Gatrell in the back room and shook his hand and told him major kudos for keeping his cool and not retaliating...furthermore when Knapp did a back flip in his face after the finals match, again the kid did not react...huge props to him

Well said, that's exactly how I saw it. From the way the Reynoldsburg kid was acting , I new he was going to do something silly at the end. Hopefully he learns from it, I think he would have punched his ticket to next weekend if he doesn't lose his cool and get the DQ.