Dino out at Walsh?

magedona

This isn't to spread rumors. Rather it is to squash them. Was told Dino McIntyre was let go at Walsh. Is this true?

Seems odd that after about 15 years of hating on "Wal$h" and Dino that McSuperHappy hasn't commented. This is like Xmas morning for him! Maybe he's next in line for the coaching gig...

I'd like to find the press release as I am hearing there's a post-season ban for all teams.

Their girls basketball team has already participated in a tournament game this season back on the 13th. I'm sure one of the two articles posted would've mentioned a tournament ban if that was the case.

So, if I read the articles correctly, 11 girls have to pay all the tuition benefits they received ($12,700/year at Walsh per Google) and until then, they are ineligible to play any high school sport any where? I wonder what grades these girls are currently and how long they were receiving these benefits? Also, what "booster" is paying a high school girl soccer player's tuition? That type of money gets you 63.5% of the NWSL minimum per year.

The articles mention the soccer team is on "probation" (whatever that means) and does not mention banning them from the playoffs. Dino can be hired by anybody, except Walsh, but he is banned from coaching in the 2021 playoffs.

What I really want to know is how long has this been going on at Walsh?

So, if I read the articles correctly, 11 girls have to pay all the tuition benefits they received ($12,700/year at Walsh per Google) and until then, they are ineligible to play any high school sport any where? I wonder what grades these girls are currently and how long they were receiving these benefits? Also, what "booster" is paying a high school girl soccer player's tuition? That type of money gets you 63.5% of the NWSL minimum per year.

The articles mention the soccer team is on "probation" (whatever that means) and does not mention banning them from the playoffs. Dino can be hired by anybody, except Walsh, but he is banned from coaching in the 2021 playoffs.

the 11 players aren't necessarily all girls soccer players. It mentions wrestlers were involved too. But yeah, your post is spot on.

It's possible that they didn't receive full tuition - most likely, they probably got a couple thousand each at most.

Like others, I'm curious what a probation even means?

I'd sure like to see what the facts are from the investigation.

I think they'd only have to return whatever monies were paid on their behalf. That may or not be the entire tuition.

Hell of a way to tarnish a school's reputation.

Interesting times for Walsh Jesuit. To be honest I had little knowledge of their girls soccer program other than they won a lot and drew girls from a wide area because they wanted to play for a high level HS program. I find it very peculiar that there were people that wanted to dip into their pockets and pay tuition in a sport like girls soccer; football and boys basketball I get but again girls soccer and wrestling?!? And then you have some long dormant Walsh programs like football & boys basketball that have had whiplash like turn arounds this year, are they potentially tied into this fiasco?

Interesting times for Walsh Jesuit. To be honest I had little knowledge of their girls soccer program other than they won a lot and drew girls from a wide area because they wanted to play for a high level HS program. I find it very peculiar that there were people that wanted to dip into their pockets and pay tuition in a sport like girls soccer; football and boys basketball I get but again girls soccer and wrestling?!? And then you have some long dormant Walsh programs like football & boys basketball that have had whiplash like turn arounds this year, are they potentially tied into this fiasco?
I think you would be surprised how motivated some people are to put together a special team in just about any sport.

As if this same thing doesn't happen at other privates , especially for football or basketball, Walsh just got caught. These schools get very creative to pay for the athletes on their teams. These kids DO NOT have the test scores, grades, or tuition money that the other kids at the school DO have.

As if this same thing doesn't happen at other privates , especially for football or basketball, Walsh just got caught. These schools get very creative to pay for the athletes on their teams. These kids DO NOT have the test scores, grades, or tuition money that the other kids at the school DO have.

walsh self reported, they didn’t “get caught.”

Walsh didn't "get caught." They self reported.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if you actually saw the grades and test scores of the girls soccer players and wrestlers involved that their scores and grades would match up with their team counterparts.

There's underground cheating going on in privates and publics. Whether it's under the table tuition payments, manipulation of open enrollment, creative use of vouchers, influence through training programs or questionable move-ins, cheating isn't exclusive to the privates.

Walsh didn't "get caught." They self reported.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if you actually saw the grades and test scores of the girls soccer players and wrestlers involved that their scores and grades would match up with their team counterparts.

There's underground cheating going on in privates and publics. Whether it's under the table tuition payments, manipulation of open enrollment, creative use of vouchers, influence through training programs or questionable move-ins, cheating isn't exclusive to the privates.
I should have noted I was referencing football and basketball players. Most girls soccer players at Walsh and Hoban have outstanding grades.

I went to Hoban and coached there years ago. Had a friend that went to Akron Public growing up and did not have good grades nor could he have possibly tested well enough.. His house had boarded up windows and he lived with a poor single mother. He ended up at Hoban and was outstanding in two sports and went D1 in football. He's one of MANY!