DII R8 No. 7 Winton Woods (9-3) vs. No. 6 La Salle (7-5)

Who advances to R8 final?

• Total voters
Just wanted to post to say congrats to WW, I've given you guys a hard time over the years but this is a big win for the program and you have a walkover game next week for a largely unexpected final 4 trip.

I was widely panned when I tried to tell the WW faithful that Coach Parker moving to Princeton was actually great news for them, because he is such a horribly overrated coach who cannot teach defense at all, but look who has a questionable defense that ended up being their undoing (Princeton) and who is now vastly improved on defense relative to their prior seasons (WW).

I'm assuming you'd rather avoid another matchup with Massillon just to face someone new, this Massillon team is quite enigmatic. They have a lot of talent but also have their fair share of execution problems. Next week is going to be extremely boring in R7/8, but the final 4 should be very interesting.

Warriors!
Great Game WW.
Coaches on fire!
Love this Sr. Class.
WW was the better team tonight.
Congrats to LaSalle.
WW is not same without you. LOL
Great program and great team.
Much respect but that was a disgrace at the end with those back to back unsportsmanlike flags on LaSalle.

One week at a time.
Lets go Warriors!

Watching film I didn't think this Lasalle team could play with us. I have been critical of our senior class early in the season because I didn't feel like they played w a sense of urgency but they have woke up & they are locked in playing inspired ball. This was a classic mismatch because Lasalle was forced to play their underclassmen where WW had the pleasure of playing a lot of seniors & it showed because they couldn't stop the jet sweep because those young guys couldn't get off blocks.

I was telling people that this was a good staff at the beginning of the season. Patients was the key. ( Adjustment period) We are back to being PHYSICAL! Lasalle will be back next season ready for a big run! It’s to be expected! So many left this Warrior team for dead! But this program is staying strong!
?? On to round 4 Regional Finals vs Piqua!!

GO WARRIORS!

they couldn't stop the jet sweep because those young guys couldn't get off blocks.
This exactly in addition to being unable to bring the guy down several times in the backfield. You could see this happening late in the season when La Salle couldn't stop the Elder run and then struggled with Harrison early on.

La Salle just got beat up on both sides of the ball.

Watching film I didn't think this Lasalle team could play with us. I have been critical of our senior class early in the season because I didn't feel like they played w a sense of urgency but they have woke up & they are locked in playing inspired ball. This was a classic mismatch because Lasalle was forced to play their underclassmen where WW had the pleasure of playing a lot of seniors & it showed because they couldn't stop the jet sweep because those young guys couldn't get off blocks.
First glance I thought I had already responded in this thread. Now it looks like your talking to yourself. Go purple circle D!

Just wanted to post to say congrats to WW, I've given you guys a hard time over the years but this is a big win for the program and you have a walkover game next week for a largely unexpected final 4 trip.

I was widely panned when I tried to tell the WW faithful that Coach Parker moving to Princeton was actually great news for them, because he is such a horribly overrated coach who cannot teach defense at all, but look who has a questionable defense that ended up being their undoing (Princeton) and who is now vastly improved on defense relative to their prior seasons (WW).

I'm assuming you'd rather avoid another matchup with Massillon just to face someone new, this Massillon team is quite enigmatic. They have a lot of talent but also have their fair share of execution problems. Next week is going to be extremely boring in R7/8, but the final 4 should be very interesting.
Coach Parker has turn Princeton around, Warrior Nation has the utmost respect for Coach Parker and his staff and wish him well, with that said Coach Grey brings something totally different to the Winton Woods defense.

My kudos really go to the kids and the coaches especially the offensive coordinator. The guy is a college guy & he figured it out. I won't go into details lol but the adjustments he has made were needed.

My kudos really go to the kids and the coaches especially the offensive coordinator. The guy is a college guy & he figured it out. I won't go into details lol but the adjustments he has made were needed.
We know how he adjusted. I’m glad he opened his mind up.

Coach Parker has turn Princeton around, Warrior Nation has the utmost respect for Coach Parker and his staff and wish him well, with that said Coach Grey brings something totally different to the Winton Woods defense.

Coach Parker has done nothing at Princeton, he inherited a ton of great players and did what he always does, field a bad defense and never win any games his team is an underdog in. WW has shown growth in both of those areas since he left.

Coach Parker has done nothing at Princeton, he inherited a ton of great players and did what he always does, field a bad defense and never win any games his team is an underdog in. WW has shown growth in both of those areas since he left.
You will see a big improvement from year 1 to year 2. The off-season will be working very hard in the weight room. He’s establishing a new work ethic that hasn’t been there in a while. They will be fine.