DeSales at Steubenville

Watched the game, desales was the better team. They tackled extremely well in the open field. They were more physical, and well coached. Big red struggled the whole night and got some favorable calls. Big red doesn't have it this year. They should win one playoff game and then they will get beat

I hope this series also continues but this is the second year of a two year contract. I don’t see it . I thought DeSales played well….much better the their 2-4 record would indicate. It is not the best Stallion team I have seen but there were solid. The Big Red defense played very well for most of the game with the exception of one long run by the QB. The offense and special,teams need work .

Fumbles, Interceptions (1 pick six, 1 returned to the 2), splash play killing penalties.

Injuries can limit your playbook but it really sounds like Big Red’s offense has no big play threat.
WR’s either are not catching passes consistently or the QB gets careless or pressured and becomes a inconsistent passer.

I don’t question the effort of the kids as they played hard.
Columbus DeSales QB left game in the 3 Q and the DeSales back up QB has 2 huge long TD runs ( fresh legs?) That answered both of Big Red’s 2 time consuming TD drives. I’m wondering if that wasn’t by design it worked so well. If so it was a smart move by DeSales Staff.

You can’t win games when your Fumbling a kickoff, throwing pick 6’s, penalties, dropped passes, poor throws and poor defensive gap responsibility.
This team looked like they was on there way to atleast a Regional Championship Game in first 3 weeks of season.
Injuries and youth have taken its toll. Very uncharacteristic mistakes for a Big Red coaches team.
DeSales needed this one bad. Big Red mistakes Obliged a DeSales harbin points playoff spot.
Credit to DeSales for not quitting on the season at 2-4.
Anything can happen come playoffs. Time to get back to the basics of not turning over the ball and mental discipline.

Watched the game, desales was the better team. They tackled extremely well in the open field. They were more physical, and well coached. Big red struggled the whole night and got some favorable calls. Big red doesn't have it this year. They should win one playoff game and then they will get beat
What favorable calls?? The punt into the end zone that’s a TD on Saturdays and Sundays but never on a Friday?? Even with the muff??

Injuries are out the window for me. BR will be without there senior #1 tailback and a Sophmore OL for the year.

They should get 2 senior captains back. One at ILB/TE and 1 at OL/DL. The sophomore WR is a few weeks out from playing.

While Injuries haven’t helped Big Red needs to clean up the 12+ penalties a game they have got the last 3 weeks along with generating more TO’s. I believe 11 in games 1-3 and only 3 in game 4-6.

They also may have 1 of the worst special teams groups in D3. From a lack of making basic XP’s to giving teams the ball well past the 40 on kickoffs,
It’s been atrocious.

Also at times subbing in 5 guys at a time kills rhythm as its Clearly evident some
Kids are scrambling around to get lined up etc.

All things that you hope to be cleaned up this week as we’ve gone past the halfway point. The last 3 games have looked like a 1st game of the season with all the mistakes.

Big Red to win if they play a clean game. DeSales by 2 TDs if the penalties and basic mistakes continue.
Beep beep to toot my own horn here. 4th game in a row, worst special teams in the region maybe in the state for D3, a few less penalties but a ton of dropped open passes. Zero flow.

I’d give DeSales a shot against anyone in region 9 if they stay healthy and they continue to rep the sophomore QB. He’s a future D1 talent

The good news for Big Red ? Cans? You have one next week, Out of State, and of course, Home

That's how you add up dubs. Darn, why didn't anyone think of this?
Every team has a few of those.

But I guess Big Red stumped a mud hole in your key hole ounce.

Ive been on this website since March and haven’t seen you have anything to say nice about Big Red.
Considering Big Red had a coach on a Maple City State Champ team you would think maybe you could be a decent person and just avoid Big Red threads if you don’t like them.
This place could do without the stomping temper tantrums from adults talking about high school football.
Your probably a former local that could never beat Big Red.
You think after a pandemic and the American lifestyle changing before our eyes that you could just appreciate kids playing a game with adults talking.
From now on you should sit at the children’s table and you can stomp all you want.
These are adults talking football. Not petulant adolescent children.

So from now on your posts will be taken to the children’s table. Ignored like bratty kids should be.

Qb can’t pass consistently down field has happy feet in the pocket. Panics. Receivers can’t catch. Special teams are by far the worst can’t cover kickoffs or punts can’t field punts don’t know enough to get out of the way when you don’t field the punt. They should have fired the special teams coach right there on the spot. Don’t know who it is don’t care who it is .To many relatives on the coaching staff. Both coordinators were brutal last night as well.

Qb can’t pass consistently down field has happy feet in the pocket. Panics. Receivers can’t catch. Special teams are by far the worst can’t cover kickoffs or punts can’t field punts don’t know enough to get out of the way when you don’t field the punt. They should have fired the special teams coach right there on the spot. Don’t know who it is don’t care who it is .To many relatives on the coaching staff. Both coordinators were brutal last night as well.
Firing a coach. Little extreme. He is probably a great teacher. But that is besides the point.

This team needs to clean up the mistakes, maybe run a few jet sweeps to get speed to outside, QB needs to run more, pick up what he can and SLIDE and more high percentage passes in certain down and distance. To much, all or nothing and finding yourself with a 3rd or 4th and 8. Big red will be a tough out and a few weeks from now we may find the right mix….

bottom line, we were beating desales in the 4 th qtr. with 4 turnovers at that time. Then turnovers 5 and 6 occurred and it became a jailbreak

Firing a coach. Little extreme. He is probably a great teacher. But that is besides the point.

This team needs to clean up the mistakes, maybe run a few jet sweeps to get speed to outside, QB needs to run more, pick up what he can and SLIDE and more high percentage passes in certain down and distance. To much, all or nothing and finding yourself with a 3rd or 4th and 8. Big red will be a tough out and a few weeks from now we may find the right mix….

bottom line, we were beating desales in the 4 th qtr. with 4 turnovers at that time. Then turnovers 5 and 6 occurred and it became a jailbreak
He sure can’t teach football. Don’t know about school I’m talking football . Probably another relative on the coaching staff

Huge win for DeSales, making the trip and playing well against a great program. Best of luck to both teams.

Big Red should have 3 easier weeks of not only wins but also getting healthy and ready for the playoffs.

Big Win DeSales!

DeSales 31
Steubenville 21

Turnovers cost Steubenville big time as they lose at the famed Harding Stadium against a (3-4) DeSales!

Awesome Job DeSales way to pick up the pieces!