Democrat wants to expand House of Representatives by 150 seats to create smaller voting districts

Still not sure how having more Representatives is somehow better for the people.
It's not. It's better for the more representatives that will become millionaires off the backs of the people they are supposed to represent.

Reactions: y2h
Fastest growing US states from July 2021 to July 2022 (numeric):

1. Texas - 470,708
2. Florida - 416,754
3. North Carolina - 133,088
4. Georgia - 124,847
5. Arizona - 94,320
6. South Carolina - 89,368
7. Tennessee - 82,988
8. Washington - 45,041
9. Utah - 41,687
10. Idaho - 34,719

Not sure I'd shoot this down so quickly if I were in the GOP. California alone has lost 600,000 residents in the past two years and it was almost all people in the big cities. The only part of California growing is the conservative inland. The next three biggest population losers numerically are New York, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. And again, it's the people in the big cities.

Fastest growing US states from July 2021 to July 2022 (numeric):

1. Texas - 470,708
2. Florida - 416,754
3. North Carolina - 133,088
4. Georgia - 124,847
5. Arizona - 94,320
6. South Carolina - 89,368
7. Tennessee - 82,988
8. Washington - 45,041
9. Utah - 41,687
10. Idaho - 34,719

Not sure I'd shoot this down so quickly if I were in the GOP. California alone has lost 600,000 residents in the past two years and it was almost all people in the big cities. The only part of California growing is the conservative inland. The next three biggest population losers numerically are New York, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. And again, it's the people in the big cities.
Which is who is moving to Texas, Florida etc.

Liberals fleeing liberal states...and then voting for the same policies which led to them fleeing in the first place.

Yes, this is a textbook MAGA response...what I would expect...LOL (hey, I can LOL too).

Maybe you'd get better governance (just a thought) if the rep served 300,000 rather than 800,000...
What difference does it make if both sides vote along party lines? If they are only going to represent their base we could get by with fewer of them.

In a 2001 article, conservative columnist George Will argued for a 1000 seat House. Principally, he thought it would reduce the influence of money and bring the rep closer to the electorate…as the Founders intended…

Who knew George Will exposed himself as a big government loving RINO 22 years ago?!

I thought Donald Trump pulled that out of him!

lmao

Reactions: y2h
Guessing you never read George Will...what a surprise. You can join Costa in en effort to close all the libraries. He‘s a committed conservative, a political commentator who can persuade those with an open mind, with manners and education….

No RINO…just a guy who was/is revolted by a group of voters who would CHOOSE to be led by Donald Trump.

Liberals fleeing liberal states...and then voting for the same policies which led to them fleeing in the first place.
This is what is worrying me. I really do wonder how many of these migrants are having their moving expenses paid for just to move the extra blue votes into states that can be turned from red to blue.

Guessing you never read George Will...what a surprise. You can join Costa in en effort to close all the libraries. He‘s a committed conservative, a political commentator who can persuade those with an open mind, with manners and education….

No RINO…just a guy who was/is revolted by a group of voters who would CHOOSE to be led by Donald Trump.
George WILL??? by the way does he talk on CNN or MSNBC? or BOTH??? LOL!!!!

and lets not forget about that right wing rag.... the Washington Post......

so how is his bread buttered every day!!!

You mean the president who implemented conservative policy?

He's another moron consumed with style over substance.

When did I say that libraries should be closed? You People.

When did I say that libraries should be closed? You People.
Well, I guess I misunderstood when you said you didn't use libraries. I will correct my view of you...you're a guy who understands (and values) that we all kick in our taxes to pay for important services, whether we use them or not.

Well, I guess I misunderstood when you said you didn't use libraries. I will correct my view of you...you're a guy who understands (and values) that we all kick in our taxes to pay for important services, whether we use them or not.
But shouldn't everyone kick in for the those services?

Guessing you never read George Will...what a surprise. You can join Costa in en effort to close all the libraries.

What? When I say you're a horrible litigator, you're not obligated to prove it.

He‘s a committed conservative, a political commentator who can persuade those with an open mind, with manners and education….

He's a big government RINO, but just for fun, aside from the 1000 member house, what exactly has his manners and education persuaded you to think differently about?

This should be good.

What? When I say you're a horrible litigator, you're not obligated to prove it.

He's a big government RINO, but just for fun, aside from the 1000 member house, what exactly has his manners and education persuaded you to think differently about?

This should be good.
Perhaps before your time...
1675449418499.png

Nancy Reagan...wife of President Ronald Reagan
To her right...and her favorite conservative political commentator...George Will.
To her left...Bill Buckley, who many consider to be the leader/savior of the American conservative movement.

Read some George Will. It would be worth your time. It's not worth MY time to explain why he's important...or why you might consider why he's a person of great stature on your side of American politics. I know you don't want to read anything, but you might try that sometime...