Defiance Wins 2021 ACME State Tournament

Would Defiance HS be considered the top D2 program in the state? I know Chaminade went back to back in 18/19 plus a runner-up in 17 but prior to that they were a non-entity. Has to be Defiance and then maybe Hebron Lakewood? Does Defiance and Coldwater hook up on an annual basis? Two small school heavyweights.

Congrats to Defiance on winning the Western Ohio Championshi
Would Defiance HS be considered the top D2 program in the state? I know Chaminade went back to back in 18/19 plus a runner-up in 17 but prior to that they were a non-entity. Has to be Defiance and then maybe Hebron Lakewood? Does Defiance and Coldwater hook up on an annual basis? Two small school heavyweights.
CW and defiance often face each other in ACME, usually in a weeknight DH and some times in the Defiance Crack of the Bat tourny.

This spring their frosh teams played a DH.

In the spring season the only meeting between Defiance and Coldwater came in 1995 when the Cavs defeated the Bulldogs 12-6.

Got to call a couple of Defiance ACME games and they got great pitching from their staff and some timely hitting on their way to their 11th ACME crown.

In the spring season the only meeting between Defiance and Coldwater came in 1995 when the Cavs defeated the Bulldogs 12-6.

Got to call a couple of Defiance ACME games and they got great pitching from their staff and some timely hitting on their way to their 11th ACME crown.
That has been their M.O. for years. Nothing real spectacular and all of a sudden you look up and you are down 6 runs!
In the summer at least their pre and post game always looked like a Tom Emansky video in how efficient they got ready and closed out their post game.

Have been in many battles vs Defiance over the years as a player and coach. One story I like to tell is when we had to beat them twice in the finals to win the ACME title. I pitched a CG in game one, sub 80 pitches. I am having a snack in between games and Coach Brunswick says to me 'you only threw 78 pitches so I am going have you start game 2'. Made to the third until I walked the leadoff on 4 pitches then got delegated back to my position! I want to say that was the year the season came down to 31 July and one of the games, maybe the final, was played when you couldnt see the OF fence in Bellefountaine due to fog! I digress, but anways....

You always hate to lose, but when it is to a class organization it does not hurt quite as much (at least that is what I tell myself!)

That has been their M.O. for years. Nothing real spectacular and all of a sudden you look up and you are down 6 runs!
In the summer at least their pre and post game always looked like a Tom Emansky video in how efficient they got ready and closed out their post game.

Have been in many battles vs Defiance over the years as a player and coach. One story I like to tell is when we had to beat them twice in the finals to win the ACME title. I pitched a CG in game one, sub 80 pitches. I am having a snack in between games and Coach Brunswick says to me 'you only threw 78 pitches so I am going have you start game 2'. Made to the third until I walked the leadoff on 4 pitches then got delegated back to my position! I want to say that was the year the season came down to 31 July and one of the games, maybe the final, was played when you couldnt see the OF fence in Bellefountaine due to fog! I digress, but anways....

You always hate to lose, but when it is to a class organization it does not hurt quite as much (at least that is what I tell myself!)
I don't think I've ever heard a Coach Brunswick story that hasn't had me compelled to hear more of them, just a great ambassador to the game and the human race.

Bloom-Carroll probably has more of a claim these days than Lakewood. Even Columbus DeSales would.

Bloom Carroll was D3 for a time. Desales I would agree with. Coach Thorp however has few peers.