Dave McCann MVP tournaments

93 red ls

I just wanted to post this to help someone who may end up being put in this same situation and save them from being scammed or losing out on their Kids/parents hard earned money.

Dave McCann has been doing this for years.
"Free" tournaments. But in reality you pay 99 up front then umpires at the plate and $8 gate fee (into some of the worst baseball/softball complexes in Cincinnati)

My personal situation with this man was as follows.

As the 2022 season approached we had our team signed up in 4 MVP events.
About a week before the season was set to start an email was sent to coaches saying the gate fees were going to $8 a person and the schedule came out for his first event and there were games scheduled for 8pm on a Sunday. When I shared this info my parents they had lots of questions and in turn I forward those questions to Mr McCann and MVP. I didn't get any answers so I went on to our local baseball forum page asking these same questions.

It was about an hour later our team was removed on tourney machine from his events and we were never issued a refund for the events we pre registered/paid for.
We had to report the charges as fraud to get our kids/parents money back so our team wasn't out the hundreds of dollars.

Mr McCann and MVP tournaments has done this same very thing to MULTIPLE teams and kids. TONS of fast pitch softball teams were scammed out of alot of money over the past few years.

Again this is a simple heads up to people who may have been thinking about signing up for his events in the future. This man will steal money from your kids and parents and not think twice. Zero communication skills and is NOT worried about what level of customer service you are receiving with his service he is providing.

President
Dave Mccann (513) 415-7855
Address
1513 Madison Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45231

A ton of great options out there....all with pros and cons lol. K sports in Cincinnati does a great job......just wish tournament fee still included umpires.

A ton of great options out there....all with pros and cons lol. K sports in Cincinnati does a great job......just wish tournament fee still included umpires.
Most tournaments include umpire fees. I know one of the organizations, I believe it is King Sports, advertised that they were lowering the price of tournament fees and were implementing that the coaches pay for umps as a way to save teams money. If your team doesn't play due to weather, etc..., then our team isn't out the money. Makes sense I guess.

I agree King Sports is a good organization with good communication and always has a tournament director on site to help with anything.
Flames tournaments are well run with good communication as well. They are pricey but you play primarily on turf fields and play against solid competition.

Most tournaments include umpire fees. I know one of the organizations, I believe it is King Sports, advertised that they were lowering the price of tournament fees and were implementing that the coaches pay for umps as a way to save teams money. If your team doesn't play due to weather, etc..., then our team isn't out the money. Makes sense I guess.

I agree King Sports is a good organization with good communication and always has a tournament director on site to help with anything.
Flames tournaments are well run with good communication as well. They are pricey but you play primarily on turf fields and play against solid competition.
More and more tournaments are going to pay at the plate.

Tony Capel (oak hills freshmen HC) runs tournaments for a cause and their fee's include Umps and Balls as well!
We have entered multiple of his tournaments in the past and are in 2 of his for the 2023 season.

Ksports uses great facilities and tourneys are ran great. they are a little on the pricey side yes.

Action Sports is another place within an hour drive we entered 2 events there for 2023 as well. Tourney cost are $195 I believe and pay umps at the plate. For a Turf complex IMO that's a great deal!

Last edited: