D7 R25 2023

Pretty sad to only join Yappi after the coach resigns, and not while said coach took the team to 2 state championship games in 3 years.
Yep. Now at least everyone can see what coaxh was dealing with. The problem is people see this and they will think "that place is a mess." It's obviously not. Its just a select few foolish people. They are all part of the me first, particpation trophy club.

Yep. Now at least everyone can see what coaxh was dealing with. The problem is people see this and they will think "that place is a mess." It's obviously not. Its just a select few foolish people. They are all part of the me first, particpation trophy club.
It's always the minority that screams the loudest. Look at yelp and other review sites. I only talked to Coach Pro 1x and he seemed like a great guy.

It's just crazy that administration allows it, especially at a private school. Like hello.....do you think some jackoff complaining about the coach is going to have more effect on the enrollment of the school than the football team playing for state titles?!?! I mean come on....coach leads that team to state all 3 years he's been the head coach, the administration should be spoon feeding that coach, serving him grapes while someone massages hit feet. He has the ability to directly effect enrollment of that school. Instead, we'll give him a hard time, and question him about what kids are playing or not playing.....my goodness

It's just crazy that administration allows it, especially at a private school. Like hello.....do you think some jackoff complaining about the coach is going to have more effect on the enrollment of the school than the football team playing for state titles?!?! I mean come on....coach leads that team to state all 3 years he's been the head coach, the administration should be spoon feeding that coach, serving him grapes while someone massages hit feet. He has the ability to directly effect enrollment of that school. Instead, we'll give him a hard time, and question him about what kids are playing or not playing.....my goodness
Sadly at some of the smaller catholic and private schools, they fear upsetting people because they need the tuition with the way those schools have closed recently. Totally agree that solid athletics improves enrollment far more than it hurts it but it is the sad reality. Plus all admin have a spineotomy in exchange for that license and paycheck. They become piles of goo who just go with whatever the loudest person says.

Sadly at some of the smaller catholic and private schools, they fear upsetting people because they need the tuition with the way those schools have closed recently. Totally agree that solid athletics improves enrollment far more than it hurts it but it is the sad reality. Plus all admin have a spineotomy in exchange for that license and paycheck. They become piles of goo who just go with whatever the loudest person says.
Spot on assessment

I just don't understand that logic though. Doesn't having the good program, a championship program, bring in more kids who want to play football for a winner? Doesn't the risk of losing that coach outweigh the risk of enrollment loss because of an unhappy parent? Though, I believe @Jake22 said numbers on the team are going to be down next year....so maybe that's part of the bigger issue?!

Just trying to understand how it works in the private school world. In the public world, I totally understand, school board member "x" is elected to that position, so if Timmy's mom is mad about something, it's in the board member's best interested to appease the parent....because board member "x" wants to get re-elected....in the private school world....who do the administrators answer to? The diocese?

I just don't understand that logic though. Doesn't having the good program, a championship program, bring in more kids who want to play football for a winner? Doesn't the risk of losing that coach outweigh the risk of enrollment loss because of an unhappy parent? Though, I believe @Jake22 said numbers on the team are going to be down next year....so maybe that's part of the bigger issue?!

Just trying to understand how it works in the private school world. In the public world, I totally understand, school board member "x" is elected to that position, so if Timmy's mom is mad about something, it's in the board member's best interested to appease the parent....because board member "x" wants to get re-elected....in the private school world....who do the administrators answer to? The diocese?
They have to answer to the diocese ultimately but there is also a board of trustees. Numbers might be down slighty but not drastically. If the right hire is made then the numbers will be fine.

They have to answer to the diocese ultimately but there is also a board of trustees. Numbers might be down slighty but not drastically. If the right hire is made then the numbers will be fine.
What ever happened to....
Al Davis Nfl GIF by Las Vegas Raiders
Amazon Football GIF by NFL On Prime Video

This reminds me of what VASJ did a few years back with the boys bball coach. Different backstory, but results very similar (few folks got feelings hurt & they "removed" HC with 5 title game appearances & 3 trophies). Hopefully this story turns out better than that one has.

This reminds me of what VASJ did a few years back with the boys bball coach. Different backstory, but results very similar (few folks got feelings hurt & they "removed" HC with 5 title game appearances & 3 trophies). Hopefully this story turns out better than that one has.
Was that Kwasniak? Cornerstone is probably pretty happy that situation occurred lol

JFK can go 3-7 or 4-6 and still get in the playoffs with now 16 teams qualifying and have a talent advantage over 90% of the teams they'll face in D7. They'll be fine.

JFK can go 3-7 or 4-6 and still get in the playoffs with now 16 teams qualifying and have a talent advantage over 90% of the teams they'll face in D7. They'll be fine.
Not counting this years seniors. For next year 1,2,3 string rb gone. All starting wr gone. That also means back 7 on D gone. QB/DE from last year not playing with skeleton crew of +\- 20 players on team.

They have to answer to the diocese ultimately but there is also a board of trustees. Numbers might be down slighty but not drastically. If the right hire is made then the numbers will be
Not counting this years seniors. For next year 1,2,3 string rb gone. All starting wr gone. That also means back 7 on D gone. QB/DE from last year not playing with skeleton crew of +\- 20 players on team.
Good to know for remaining young players maybe it’s time to go elsewhere.

Why ? When the going gets tough people just want to jump ship. If anything it’s more of an opportunity for younger kids to play.
I agree with you 100 percent just don’t want another St Thomas Aquinas situation. According to Jake 22 possibly less than 20 players no Qb or it sounds like any skill kids. I don’t think you want to play a tough varsity schedule with freshman didn’t work out so well for St. Thomas Aquinas.

I agree with you 100 percent just don’t want another St Thomas Aquinas situation. According to Jake 22 possibly less than 20 players no Qb or it sounds like any skill kids. I don’t think you want to play a tough varsity schedule with freshman didn’t work out so well for St. Thomas Aquinas.
They need to hire a coach as soon as possible. I myself hope it’s a Warren guy that people respect and can attract Warren kids.