D7 R25 2023

R25 is back for more shenanigans and tomfoolery. Yappsters beware. Enter at your own risk. The thread legacy here speaks for itself.

LET'S GOOOOOO, BOYS!!!!!!!
First reply. Lowellville sucks. Lucas wants to be us. Dalton is jealous they ain’t here. Mogador wants back. Everyone chasing us for another year. Good luck fellas.

Dalton is the favorite if they are in.

Springfield is loaded. Top 5 defense in the area statistically

Lucas wins minimum 8 games and never loses by more than one score. They hold opponents to less that 21 points in 8 games.

Lowellville still has not touched a weight and will be garbage as they deserve to be.

Danville revenge tour comes on late, as they lost their do it all person.

Kennedy loses a big legacy senior class and will need to improve as the season goes on.

Saint Paul rebounds, but only slightly.

Southern is average.

McDonald and Reserve both take big steps forward. Their rivalry game will heat up but not game of the week yet.

Nobody will understand Hillsdale, not even their coach. As they beat Norwayne 49-6 but lose to Fairport 28-0.

Toronto makes a little noise.

Lucas wins minimum 8 games and never loses by more than one score. They hold opponents to less that 21 points in 8 games.

Lowellville still has not touched a weight and will be garbage as they deserve to be.

Kennedy loses a big legacy senior class and will need to improve as the season goes on.

Southern is average.

McDonald and Reserve both take big steps forward. Their rivalry game will heat up but not game of the week yet.

Nobody will understand Hillsdale, not even their coach. As they beat Norwayne 49-6 but lose to Fairport 28-0.

1673632615491.png

Southern is average.

Sad part is everyone mentioned at least has a history the Mathews Program needs to get a playoff win within the next 3-5 years for the health of the program. They are going to be better then McDonald tho I reckon they will be about as good if not better then Lowellville. Mathews has a decent team coming back they only lost 2 seniors if im correct this will be a important season for that program. I think this years seniors class seeing Dalton,Springfield in back to back years showes that this program can eventully reach the heights of those programs. I havent played in 20 plus years all I have wanted is one playoff win for this town, but seriously they are doing a good job turning a program around that was basically in Sebrings spot 4 years ago.

Sad part is everyone mentioned at least has a history the Mathews Program needs to get a playoff win within the next 3-5 years for the health of the program. They are going to be better then McDonald tho I reckon they will be about as good if not better then Lowellville. Mathews has a decent team coming back they only lost 2 seniors if im correct this will be a important season for that program. I think this years seniors class seeing Dalton,Springfield in back to back years showes that this program can eventully reach the heights of those programs. I havent played in 20 plus years all I have wanted is one playoff win for this town, but seriously they are doing a good job turning a program around that was basically in Sebrings spot 4 years ago.
The Mustangs got beat a combine 83-0 in the playoffs the last two years. Unless they magically grow a bunch of 6'3 240lb linemen they will continually be a team that may make the playoffs then get routed by bigger more physical teams. They have improved but they aren't very far from dropping back to where they were a couple years ago.

Agree, JFK could be better offensively but defensively need to replace some great players up the middle
Agreed. The front 7 will tell the tale. They do return 2 very good D-linemen in Bartoe and Hadley. Both will be dominant this season. Who fills the void at LB?

McDonald and Mathews had 1 common opponent in 2022 (disregarding Sebring)- Springfield. McDonald led Springfield at one point 21-0 and in the 4th quarter had the ball on Springfield's 20 yard line in a 24-21 game, Mathews lost 42-0. Mathews may have won more games, but that was because they played a bottom 50 schedule in the state. McDonald will be much improved in '23 with a very good Freshman class becoming Sophomore's. That class primarily made up a JV team that gave up a combined 14 points in 7 JV games this past fall. I have been rooting for the Mustangs as they have risen from the ashes of having to play 8-man, but lets also not lose perspective.

McDonald and Mathews had 1 common opponent in 2022 (disregarding Sebring)- Springfield. McDonald led Springfield at one point 21-0 and in the 4th quarter had the ball on Springfield's 20 yard line in a 24-21 game, Mathews lost 42-0. Mathews may have won more games, but that was because they played a bottom 50 schedule in the state. McDonald will be much improved in '23 with a very good Freshman class becoming Sophomore's. That class primarily made up a JV team that gave up a combined 14 points in 7 JV games this past fall. I have been rooting for the Mustangs as they have risen from the ashes of having to play 8-man, but lets also not lose perspective.
I don’t think the Springfield games can be compared just by score. The mustangs played 13 kids in that game 5 of who were freshman the mustangs when they were fully healthy routed ridge 6-0 in their scrimmage while McDonald was crushed in their game 40-0

I don’t think the Springfield games can be compared just by score. The mustangs played 13 kids in that game 5 of who were freshman the mustangs when they were fully healthy routed ridge 6-0 in their scrimmage while McDonald was crushed in their game 40-0
Rule #1 on here. You cannot compare scrimmages and games. There is a big reason why scrimmages dont count.

Rule #1 on here. You cannot compare scrimmages and games. There is a big reason why scrimmages dont count.
Alright my bad Mathews has a tougher out of conference schedule this year we’ll see how those games go before talking about whose worse McDonald or Mathews because next year we have a lot more in common teams

Alright my bad Mathews has a tougher out of conference schedule this year we’ll see how those games go before talking about whose worse McDonald or Mathews because next year we have a lot more in common teams
Is Matthews still playing the same team more than 1 time during the regular season again?

Scrimmages v Games = Taking your wife to a nice meal, expecting to get lucky when you get home and she's asleep before you hang up your coat v Spring Break in college with your grandparents credit card