D7 R25 2023

I don’t think the Springfield games can be compared just by score. The mustangs played 13 kids in that game 5 of who were freshman the mustangs when they were fully healthy routed ridge 6-0 in their scrimmage while McDonald was crushed in their game 40-0
Games matter, scrimmages do not. Also, I'm not saying your not being truthful, but I am finding it very hard to believe Mathews beat ridge, let alone 6 to zero after having seen the teams last year. Nothing from any game, including Mathews losing to Py. Valley who Ridge running clocked, would seem to support that.

1. JFK
2. Lucas
3. Springfield
4. Danville
5. Hillsdale>Dalton
Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

^ @dnis30

Yea I understand where you are coming from. Mathews injuries started to pile up toward the end of the year in regards for the PV game it sucks but Mathews can prove themselves against ridge this year for everyone to see
Games matter, scrimmages do not. Also, I'm not saying your not being truthful, but I am finding it very hard to believe Mathews beat ridge, let alone 6 to zero after having seen the teams last year. Nothing from any game, including Mathews losing to Py. Valley who Ridge running clocked, would seem to support that.

Here is what I can provide from the MVAC teams since that is what I am most familiar with:

Springfield will be very good again, the Tigers return large chunks of their starters from 2022. That said, do not discount the losses Springfield will have to deal with, they are some big shoes to fill despite not being a lot number wise. They’ll be top 5 in the region.

Western Reserve should make a jump. Reserve only loses a couple of starters and has Henning plus Darney back to carry them. I expect them to be in the 6-10 range for the region.

McDonald improved marginally from 21 to 22, but should see a much bigger jump in 23. The JV team was dominant with a solid class going to be juniors and a very good one going to be seniors. I think there is a wide range where they could end up, but the mean is probably 8-12 range in the region.

Lowellville still has one more decent season and won’t be awful in 23. They return all starters on the line, the rb, and a pair of solid skill guys in Lucido and Dabney. The question will be can they adjust their play style to fit the team, without Ballone they’ll have to alter the offense a lot to get the most out of it. I have them in the 8-12 range

I’m sorry, I was so busy thinking about that 42-23 Dalton victory over Lucas in the playoffs, I totally forgot about that Hillsdale game.
I'll remind you! You know that! 😆
This Dalton-Lucas stuff is interesting & kinda funny. Dalton owns the head to head win a few years ago, but Lucas has actually made it to state, something Dalton never has.

Saint Paul rebounds, but only slightly.
Accurate. The Flyers should be better offensively but about the same on defense ... start with a scrimmage schedule of Elyria Catholic that leads into Huron, Tiffin Calvert and Edison, it could be another slow start before running into teams like Crestview, WR, Mapleton, etc.

I’m sorry, I was so busy thinking about that 42-23 Dalton victory over Lucas in the playoffs, I totally forgot about that Hillsdale game.
Dalton has never had one of those WINS against JFK football. Stick to battling Lucas. 🤣 ;) :banana: :stirthepot: :cool:
Maybe in basketball you will beat the Eagles

will be interesting to see if Lowellville goes to more zone read stuff with "Mini" Ballone and those 3 RB's coming back. Will have Lucido and the fast #11 as well. Getting all of their line back could help, but those kids have a lot of improving to do.

My way to early, but have it all figured out rankings:
1. Springfield
2. JFK/Lucas
3. Danville
possibly 4. Toronto-Return a big QB and most of their line and skill. Lost the RB and that will hurt them.

The rest will be interesting to see who steps up. All of these teams at the top lost some really good players and leadership, but they seem to reload better than others.

I can start you guys off though! The real Region 25 champions the Trimble Tomcats have had Phil Faires running it since 1994. R25 was Trimble's region until 27 came around😏😏