D7 2021 Outlook

trimblefootball

Tomcat Pride!
Division 7 should be interesting this year. Will New Bremen defend their crown? Or will Marion Local take the title back? Or will Lima Central Catholic, Lucas, Trimble, or Fort Loarmie shock everyone and win their schools first state title in school history?

Region 25- I expect JFK to be the favorite this year. But I expect Lucas, Southern, or St. Paul to shake up the region and make it interesting to watch this region this year.

Region 26- I expect Lima Central Catholic to take the region again this year. But McComb, Lima Perry, and Arlington will definitely try and change that come playoff time.

Region 27- I expect Newark Catholic to be the favorite. But, Trimble, Shadyside, and East Knox might have something to say about that come playoff time.

Region 28- I think Marion Local is going to be the favorite. But, New Bremen, Fort Loarmie, and Tri-Village will try and knock off Marion Local once again.

R25: Don't know enough to make a comment

R26: Lima CC will still be the team to beat. McComb is always in the conversation, Hopewell-Loudon, Convoy Crestview, Spencerville, and Arlington could make things interesting

R27: I also agree that Newark Catholic is probably the favorite. Trimble is always there in the conversation. Dont know much about Shady. Overall a weak region.

R28: If Marion Local doesn't get bumped up to D6, they'll be the favorite. If they are, It'll be New Bremen. Tri-Village has a great backfield and will certainly be interesting to watch. Fort Loramie still has the Eielerman kid and that will put them in a position to win games but they also need to break in a new Qb as I think their's graduated.

R25: JFK returns a lot up front on offense and also the front 7 on D but lose three 4 year starters including the D7 defensive player of the year and the only FBS recruit in D7. If a couple if skill guys step up they will be the ones to beat. St. Paul will be good al9ng with Lucas as well.

R26: I expect LCC to be very good again, they lose a couple of good players but should still be the favorite.

R27: Trimble and Shadyside are always tough but Newark Catholic was pretty young last season and should be the best in the region going away.

R28: New Bremen brings a lot back also. They know whst it takes to win so will be a tough out. If ML stays in D7 then they will always be in the mix. Fort Loramie could mske some noise as well.

The division will be the usual suspects as usual.

R27 -- Danville will likely finish top four, possibly even contend for the conference crown. That team was really young last year and will be stout in 2021 and 2022.

I'd consider MSML the favorites to win D7. Rushing attack should be very good and should once again have the best defense in D7. Can New Bremen keep the ball of success rolling? I think they can, but to put it into perspective a little, it took the Cards a blocked punt return in the waning moments to beat a MSML team that probably wasn't even top 10 in MSML history. I expect the Flyers to be better than last year. New Bremen I believe, will have to improve on their 2020 performance.

I'd look for Arlington to make noise this year along with Hopewell Louden in region 26.
LCC loses a good amount of their offensive production which can hurt.

Region 28 likely swings back in the direction of Marion Local. They were down this past year by their standards and New Bremen did a great job taking advantage, imagine the MSML is back on top.

I'd look for Arlington to make noise this year along with Hopewell Louden in region 26.
LCC loses a good amount of their offensive production which can hurt.
LCC loses Rossy Moore and Shaun Thomas, but return their QB, a really great RB in Quintel Peoples, Bryan Hines is a difference-maker on offense. They're still going to be very good in 2021.

LCC loses Rossy Moore and Shaun Thomas, but return their QB, a really great RB in Quintel Peoples, Bryan Hines is a difference-maker on offense. They're still going to be very good in 2021.

Well, you saw what the result was with LCC in that region last year. There's a big gap there between them and the others in region. I doubt that gap closes this year.

Well, you saw what the result was with LCC in that region last year. There's a big gap there between them and the others in region. I doubt that gap closes this year.
Unfortunately true. I think Arlington and Hopewell Loudon are still going to be battling for second place in this region.

Not disputing that they do have some firepower still.

More will be placed on the Shoulders of their QB this fall. That hasn't gone well when he had to make tough throws this past year. Watched a few of his games this past year. Stats can be misleading when you have studs in space when simple bubble/go routes can go for 80 yards.

Arlington and Hopewell were typically younger teams of I recall correctly. Won't likely have the speed. But no question Moore and Thomas will be huge losses and should make the region much more competitive.

Any word on where Moore and Thomas are going to college? I haven't been able to find anything. They both should definitely be playinf at the next level somewhere.

When it comes to Division VII, a MAC school is almost always favored to win it all. Whether that's Marion Local, New Bremen, etc. But there are quality teams in DVII from every region. If I had to list a few, I would go with:

R25: Warren JFK and Norwalk St. Paul. I favor Warren JFK.
R26: Lima Central Catholic
R27: Newark Catholic
R28: Marion Local, New Bremen, and Fort Loramie in that order.

In reality, I think there are some very good teams in each region. R28 might be the most up in the air with Marion Local, New Bremen, and Fort Loramie. Otherwise, I think Warren JFK, LCC, and NC all win their regions.

If memory serves me correctly, LCC was initially assigned to region 28. They were switched to 26 under the new format rules for all teams that wished to participate in a post season

R25 dont sleep on Mapleton they very well could shake this region up!!
They won't. I saw a lot of tape on them this past season. They were better off running the spread a couple seasons ago. The wing-t option offense struggles mightly against athletic teams.

Fort Loramie might be the best 5-5 team in the state with that record. Their independent schedule is brutal this year.

LCC
Versailles
Minster
Covington
Dunbar
Lucas
Newark Catholic
Columubs Academy
Thurgood Marshall

That is a pretty good schedule for a d7 team, they do lose a ton so it will be interesting to see how they reload and see if they can win enough games to make the playoffs. 12 teams making it this year is good for FL

Fort Loramie might be the best 5-5 team in the state with that record. Their independent schedule is brutal this year.

LCC
Versailles
Minster
Covington
Dunbar
Lucas
Newark Catholic
Columubs Academy
Thurgood Marshall

That is a pretty good schedule for a d7 team, they do lose a ton so it will be interesting to see how they reload and see if they can win enough games to make the playoffs. 12 teams making it this year is good for FL

I have a few thoughts on this. My initial reaction is this is almost the exact example I used for what can happen when you go independent. This reminds me of the DVII version of the 2019 Winton Woods team. WW struggled to fill a schedule, when they did, it was loaded. WW barely missed the playoffs as the #9 seed despite beating the eventually R8 and DII State Champion, LaSalle, in Week 10. With that being said, I also think Fort Loramie has a good chance of maneuvering this scheduling and still making the Top 12 due to being a DVII team. 3-4 wins should do the trick as far as the playoffs. It might be tough to find those wins, but I think they can.

When looking at the schedule itself, LCC is going to be loaded this year. LCC is the favorite to win R26. Versailles was improved in 2020 winning two playoff games. Minster is another competitive game from the MAC that won two 2020 playoff games. Covington is a team FL has beaten four straight times but they also won a 2020 playoff game. Dunbar is a decent DIII team that also won a playoff game. I'm not sure on how FL will match up with them. Lucas will be a strong DVII team that played in the R25 Final last season. Newark Catholic is another strong DVII team that was the state runner up in 2020. Many think NC is the favorite to win R27. Columbus Academy was a DV team that won a playoff game. Thurgood Marshall is another Dayton Public school that I'm not sure how FL will matchup. I know that all of these teams made the 2020 playoffs, which everyone did, but most had playoff success. You're looking at DVII regional favorites in LCC and NC. Lucas will be in the mix in their region too.

If FL can make the playoffs playoffs, they'll be prepared to win.

Last edited:

LCC
Versailles
Minster
Covington
Dunbar
Lucas
Newark Catholic
Columubs Academy
Thurgood Marshall

I only count 9 games on their schedule. If I ranked the games from most likely to least likely, I would say:

Thurgood Marshall
Covington
Columbus Academy
Dunbar
Lucas
Versailles
Minster
Newark Catholic
LCC

I have a few thoughts on this. My initial reaction is this is almost the exact example I used for what can happen when you go independent. This reminds me of the DVII version of the 2019 Winton Woods team. WW struggled to fill a schedule, when they did, it was loaded. WW barely missed the playoffs as the #9 seed despite beating the eventually R8 and DII State Champion, LaSalle, in Week 10. With that being said, I also think Fort Loramie has a good chance of maneuvering this scheduling and still making the Top 12 due to being a DVII team. 3-4 wins should do the trick as far as the playoffs. It might be tough to find those wins, but I think they can.

When looking at the schedule itself, LCC is going to be loaded this year. LCC is the favorite to win R26. Versailles was improved in 2020 winning two playoff games. Minster is another competitive game from the MAC that won two 2020 playoff games. Covington is a team FL has beaten four straight times but they also won a 2020 playoff game. Dunbar is a decent DIII team that also won a playoff game. I'm not sure on how FL will match up with them. Lucas will be a strong DVII team that played in the R25 Final last season. Newark Catholic is another strong DVII team that was the state runner up in 2020. Many think NC is the favorite to win R27. Columbus Academy was a DV team that won a playoff game. Thurgood Marshall is another Dayton Public school that I'm not sure how FL will matchup. I know that all of these teams made the 2020 playoffs, which everyone did, but most had playoff success. You're looking at DVII regional favorites in LCC and NC. Lucas will be in the mix in their region too.

If FL can make the playoffs playoffs, they'll be prepared to win.
Or really beat up. They will be good and in my opinion should have beaten New Bremen. Newark Catholic could be in the state title game, they are going to be very good. Regardless of the score in the championship game, Newark was probably the best team we played last season. (Cue the MAC posters).

Or really beat up. They will be good and in my opinion should have beaten New Bremen. Newark Catholic could be in the state title game, they are going to be very good. Regardless of the score in the championship game, Newark was probably the best team we played last season. (Cue the MAC posters).

I think most MAC fans would agree that JFK was the best D7 team in the state last year. The fact that Newark Catholic stayed within 10 points of them demonstrates just how good NC was. Let's face it, New Bremen needed a blocked punt return to beat a poor version of MSML. They also needed a failed two point conversion to squeak by LCC (a program that generally chokes in the playoffs). Newark Catholic had the misfortune of running into the "real" JFK. New Bremen was the beneficiary of playing a JFK team that just didn't bring their "A" game to the finals. We all know JFK would have beaten the Cards 9 times out of 10.

I think most MAC fans would agree that JFK was the best D7 team in the state last year. The fact that Newark Catholic stayed within 10 points of them demonstrates just how good NC was. Let's face it, New Bremen needed a blocked punt return to beat a poor version of MSML. They also needed a failed two point conversion to squeak by LCC (a program that generally chokes in the playoffs). Newark Catholic had the misfortune of running into the "real" JFK. New Bremen was the beneficiary of playing a JFK team that just didn't bring their "A" game to the finals. We all know JFK would have beaten the Cards 9 times out of 10.

Are you serious? Not bringing your A-Game ISN"T losing 31-0. Maybe if they would have scored, I'd agree with you, but you're crazy

I’m a JFK guy. We ran a different O. Our kids didn’t take the moment well and things cascaded from there. Was NB the best team we faced, no. But the great thing about playoff football is it doesn’t matter. They beat our butts and took home the trophy. Our kids have turned their disappointment into motivation in the weight room. No one will ever know who will win how many games if they played 10 times, but what NB and JFK both know for sure is that NB is the state champ.