d5 region 20 predictions

Not sure anyone in R20 can hang with SWBL schools except MU. Used to playing them in league and played SWBL in ooc. Scrimmaged Brookville and played Valley View. Both were very, very good.

What cracks me up about OHSSA, they are supposed to be highly educated people. When it comes to business and common sense, they are clueless in Seattle. By playing that game in Xenia it will hurt attendance. They also cost attendance by their only online option to buy a ticket. A walk up fan can't get in.
While I don't like only online tickets either that doesn't prevent someone from buying a ticket at the gate on their phone.

Top 4 are solid.
Valley View vs MU, Brookville would be very familiar opponents. Madeira plays a weaker schedule outside of Wyoming. That really doesn't tell the story for them.
Valley View's win over Ross suddenly looked much better with the Rams performance vs mighty Winton Woods.
Ranking of strength of schedule of these four teams:

VV
Brookville
MU
Maderia

But MU is probably the best team.

I'll always agree with you about the online ticket BS. And don't forget, highly educated can a lot of times mean detached from the real world, and insecure in their logic. A college degree sometimes hangs on walls to remind the recipient:

You got this, you're smarter than that uneducated guy you graduated HS with who owns an excavation company.
In todays world a degree should come with an expiration date.

MU fans need to realize that OHSAA tries to do what's best for the fans. Northmont holds 6200 fans. Xenia holds 4700. It makes more sense to put them where they did because I don't think there will be that much interest in a D5 game outside of the communities playing simply because D1-3 also play the same night.

MU fans need to realize that OHSAA tries to do what's best for the fans. Northmont holds 6200 fans. Xenia holds 4700. It makes more sense to put them where they did because I don't think there will be that much interest in a D5 game outside of the communities playing simply because D1-3 also play the same night.
If Northmont and Xenia are the only 2 venues available, it makes sense. But are they? Roush holds 6500. Put the d1 game there. If there really were no other schools willing to host between Englewood and Xenia, that is the only way it makes sense.

I think we are aware of that, but still, there is that feeling that two schools from western part of the valley are made to drive so far for a game. The AD at Xenia is the former AD at Newton. Could that have played a part? We will never know.

If Northmont and Xenia are the only 2 venues available, it makes sense. But are they? Roush holds 6500. Put the d1 game there. If there really were no other schools willing to host between Englewood and Xenia, that is the only way it makes sense.

Fairmont isn't hosting this weekend so they must not have bid. Trotwood is hosting a D3 game. There doesn't seem to be any schools close to that area hosting. Let me ask this. Does it make sense for Moeller-Mason to be played in Middletown? To me, no. Just be happy that MU is still playing.

Fairmont isn't hosting this weekend so they must not have bid. Trotwood is hosting a D3 game. There doesn't seem to be any schools close to that area hosting. Let me ask this. Does it make sense for Moeller-Mason to be played in Middletown? To me, no. Just be happy that MU is still playing.
we definitely are happy that we’re still playing. still makes no sense

Milton-Union's current team is definitely Top Three in program history. Great athletes, disciplined, adaptable. In my mind, the 1969 team and the 1978 team are the other two in that group, with '69 holding the edge over '78 considering the teams they were playing at the time. If you ever got to see the '69 team, you'd know that, accounting for current training regimens and nutrition, etc., that squad could handle anybody. The 2022 team hung 31 points on Riverside in the first half in the TRC Championship game this year. In '69, in the final game of the year to clinch the SWBL Championship, the 1969 'Dogs had Trotwood-Madison down 52-0 in the first half. This is just one man's opinion and I respect all other Bulldog teams immensely, but if I had to win one game, I'd give the ball to the '69 Bulldogs and let Dave Cripe and company do their thing...

I played for Milton in early 90’s and got to play with their defensive coordinator Coach A. We never won the league in my 4 years but always right there until the injury bug bit us. My best memory was beating Versailles my Sophomore year. They had one loss and ended up winning state that year. Only loss was to us. Great memories.

Still a great season for NE 11-1, and finally got the elusive playoff victory. They'll potentially be back when the freshman become seniors.
I look for them to be back sooner than that. Sure they lose some good players to graduation, but they have some fellas waiting to step in. Should be an exciting next several seasons for the jets.

Good luck to the rest of Region 20.

I heard the '60 team was really good too. Different game back then. This team has the ability to realize what all of those prior teams weren't given the chance to.

I posted over on the MU/Brookville thread, I think we are at the time of the season where only quality teams remain in the playoffs. Regardless of schedules, you don't reach Week 13 (Regional Semi-Finals) by mistake.

These were the four teams I expected to see left standing once the playoffs were released. I expect Valley View to beat Madiera. Madeira does have a nice defense. Overall I think VV will wear them down similar to what Wyoming did. The MU/Brookville game could be a really close, hard fought game. Both are familiar with one another. Both are extremely well coached. Both have strong rushing attacks. I think MU should be favored but wouldn't be surprised if Brookville gives them all they can handle.

Congrats to NE on a quality season. No shame in losing to Brookville.
very true. Mike Hetrick had a great plan to limit Cade Houseman, Jets QB who accounted to 30 touchdowns and 3000+ yards combined passing and running this season. They rushed 5 but 2 generally stayed near the line of scrimmage as tapes apparently showed his scrambling was key. They did not let him scramble. Houseman was injured in the 3rd quarter and was replaced at QB though he did stay in as a strong safety on defense. But Tim Davis was the show for the Blue Devils, rushing for over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns, he is quick, fast and got a load of yards after 1st contact.

Two very good teams. Don't be shocked either way tonight. These two teams are well-coached and talented. I feel the difference will be line play from Milton. The kid from Shawnee was strong and fast but our defense was able to make him a non-factor. Best of luck and let's hope for no injuries.