d5 region 20 predictions

I would agree that 06, 12 and 22 had better athletes than 78. 69 had athletes. 78 was the definition of "Team". Maybe Doc Ginn could settle this with his opinion. He would have a good grasp on all these teams.

The late Al Daum told me he thought the 78 team was better than the 06 team, but he also said the 48 team was the best. Yes, he played on that team. Milton also had some good teams in the early 60s. I hope this 22 team becomes Milton's greatest team.

I would say 06 was better than 12 due Mitch's quick strike ability. Loved 07 and 12 teams. Those teams could hit you hard.

Mid 2000’s had the athletes, 16 doesn’t hang with any of them, 19 puts up a fight with any of them, 22 shuts down the run for the most part, 12 team would not be stoped running the ball period. 12’s Defense would allow teams to stay in games but you would have to score 45 to beat them. So for me it would come down to 12 versus 07, just hard nosed run football, maybe 500 yards rushing total with whoever has the last defensive stand wins imho. Had Boys on 3 of the 4 teams mentioned so I can’t say who wins cause it might cause for a rough thanksgiving dinner lol
i don’t think 19 gets the respect. they lost in first round of playoffs because of that teams draw. but yeah i think it’s clear cut i don’t think any of the teams in the 70s could hang with the teams mentioned. i think 06 is mu greatest team if we had a round robin 06 would win and 12 would take 2nd

No doubt the teams today are bigger in size than they used to be. I think there are more bad teams than there used to be. For example, today's Dixie and Bradford's teams are way worse than they were back in 1978.

Milton-Union's current team is definitely Top Three in program history. Great athletes, disciplined, adaptable. In my mind, the 1969 team and the 1978 team are the other two in that group, with '69 holding the edge over '78 considering the teams they were playing at the time. If you ever got to see the '69 team, you'd know that, accounting for current training regimens and nutrition, etc., that squad could handle anybody. The 2022 team hung 31 points on Riverside in the first half in the TRC Championship game this year. In '69, in the final game of the year to clinch the SWBL Championship, the 1969 'Dogs had Trotwood-Madison down 52-0 in the first half. This is just one man's opinion and I respect all other Bulldog teams immensely, but if I had to win one game, I'd give the ball to the '69 Bulldogs and let Dave Cripe and company do their thing...

Last edited:
the amount of Milton Union posters that have popped up on the forums this season is impressive.

great fan base. sounded like they had a good bit of football alum hanging out and tailgating at the game last friday as well.

the amount of Milton Union posters that have popped up on the forums this season is impressive.

great fan base. sounded like they had a good bit of football alum hanging out and tailgating at the game last friday as well.
i’ve been around, but agreed, i’ve been way more active this yr

i respect that doc. and i wasn’t here to see them play, but like i said in their respective eras you can say a team is better than another or make the argument. but mu could’ve hung as much as they wanted on riverside. idk it’s fun talking about this but all said and done this team will have the best decorated season in mu history

I knew Doc would have a great grasp of the the talent on all MU teams. I was only 8 years old when the 69 team played, but I remember how big, athletic and how bad they beat the bigger schools.

Good luck tonight Valley View! I am out of town and will following updates on MaxPreps and checking here for the rest of the division. Hope everyone can stay healthy!

I am not surprised Brookville is winning. Maybe the manner in which they’re winning, but I picked Brookville to win. They’ll be a really good test for the MU/Shawnee winner if they hold on against NE.
18-8 now. i wouldn’t count NE out just yet.

Brookville vs MU and VV vs Madeira next week. Any guesses where they will play? My thoughts are Northmont and Monroe if both are hosting