d5 region 20 predictions

Based on Fantastic 50,? It’s Valley View, then everyone else. That’s ok, it’s all figured out on the field. Ross is down a bit, from what I was told. Nice win for Valley View. Milton will slide a bit in the “ratings” due to lack of competition. Northeastern is a team everyone should watch in R20. Brookville seems to do poorly vs teams they should trounce. Williamsburg last year and Bethel this year. Brookville has the ability to knock off Valley View and win the SWBL. They just seem to have let downs. Bethel isn’t that improved. They were outscored 69-7 the first two weeks of the season. Brookville likely got a Hetrick wake up call at halftime. Milton has to guard against the same let downs vs highly inferior opponents. They should win every week until the end of the season by no less than 5 td’s each week. Injuries are a key too.
My power ratings after Week 3:
1. Milton-Union
2. Valley View
3. Northeastern
4. Zane Trace
5. Brookville
6. Waynesville
7. Greeneview
8. Madeira
9. Preble Shawnee
10. Carlisle

Last edited:
well, it’s officially Milton and everyone else. Greeneview lost to a very good team. went for 2 in OT and fell short. Northeastern is a top 6 team in this region.

If Valley View plays Milton again and doesn't turn the ball over you might see a different outcome.

Based on Fantastic 50,? It’s Valley View, then everyone else. That’s ok, it’s all figured out on the field. Ross is down a bit, from what I was told. Nice win for Valley View. Milton will slide a bit in the “ratings” due to lack of competition. Northeastern is a team everyone should watch in R20. Brookville seems to do poorly vs teams they should trounce. Williamsburg last year and Bethel this year. Brookville has the ability to knock off Valley View and win the SWBL. They just seem to have let downs. Bethel isn’t that improved. They were outscored 69-7 the first two weeks of the season. Brookville likely got a Hetrick wake up call at halftime. Milton has to guard against the same let downs vs highly inferior opponents. They should win every week until the end of the season by no less than 5 td’s each week. Injuries are a key too.
My power ratings after Week 3:
1. Milton-Union
2. Valley View
3. Northeastern
4. Zane Trace
5. Brookville
6. Waynesville
7. Greeneview
8. Madeira
9. Preble Shawnee
10. Carlisle

I wouldn't have Carlisle in the top 19. They will probably only win one or two more games. They play Franklin this week, a rivalry game so you never know what might happen. Then they play at Brookville, at Monroe, at VV then Eaton at home. The hey will beat Madison but then end with Waynesville. They could miss the playoffs all together.
I feel like any of your top 7 could win this region but right now Milton is the team to beat.

I wouldn't have Carlisle in the top 19. They will probably only win one or two more games. They play Franklin this week, a rivalry game so you never know what might happen. Then they play at Brookville, at Monroe, at VV then Eaton at home. The hey will beat Madison but then end with Waynesville. They could miss the playoffs all together.
I feel like any of your top 7 could win this region but right now Milton is the team to beat.
Carlisle is better than the other teams below.

Greeneview already beat Waynesville but you have Waynesville above Greeneview?

maybe. still couldn’t bring the defense to stop milton from scoring

When you turn the ball over 4 times obviously your defense is on the field a lot. I wasn't at the game but to see 4 turnovers and only 24 points seems like the defense did ok. Hopefully the two will play again.

When you turn the ball over 4 times obviously your defense is on the field a lot. I wasn't at the game but to see 4 turnovers and only 24 points seems like the defense did ok. Hopefully the two will play again.
There are Many ways to look at this. One would be that the MU defense created those 4 turnovers. I do think there is a lack of respect for MU in Germantown. Not sure why, but there is.

There are Many ways to look at this. One would be that the MU defense created those 4 turnovers. I do think there is a lack of respect for MU in Germantown. Not sure why, but there is.

Like I said, I wasn't at the game. Don't know if the turnovers were results from bad throws by the QB or nice plays by the defense. I know one interception I saw on tv VV had a guy open on a short crossing pattern but Henson tried to throw deep and got picked off. It was a good play but the defense and a bad decision. Personally, I've always respect the Milton football program. They have a good football tradition.

Like I said, I wasn't at the game. Don't know if the turnovers were results from bad throws by the QB or nice plays by the defense. I know one interception I saw on tv VV had a guy open on a short crossing pattern but Henson tried to throw deep and got picked off. It was a good play but the defense and a bad decision. Personally, I've always respect the Milton football program. They have a good football tradition.
You’re different, bd. You know your football. I’m looking forward to Milton facing Valley View in the playoffs. I think VV wins the SWBL with no issues.

I believe Brookville is better than Bellbrook this year. Of course I could be wrong.
i just can’t buy any hype of Brookville after embarrasing playoff performances the last 2 years. i know they have some great skill kids (2 of which transferred from Greenon- they would’ve really helped these last 2 years!)

they will go 7-3/8-2 this year- but i probably won’t pick them to win a playoff game.

I believe Brookville is better than Bellbrook this year. Of course I could be wrong.
So Brookville is better than Bellbrook but not better than Northeastern and Zane Trace??

I personally think it's
1/2/3: Valley View, West Milton, Brookville- all 3 interchangeable. Could all beat each other on any given night (dependent on injuries, etc.). And then there is a substantial gap between the rest of the pack imo.

So Brookville is better than Bellbrook but not better than Northeastern and Zane Trace??

I personally think it's
1/2/3: Valley View, West Milton, Brookville- all 3 interchangeable. Could all beat each other on any given night (dependent on injuries, etc.). And then there is a substantial gap between the rest of the pack imo.
i think Northeastern and Greeneview would like a word. Zane Trace has also had an impressive year so far.

i think Milton is the best team in this region, but not by a wide margin. Valley View is close. Northeastern looks the part so far. Greeneview vs Northeastern came down to a 2pt conversion in OT. Greeneview has beaten a great Waynesville team. Brookville has a nice looking win over a possibly down Anna but came out against Bethel looking poor. Madeira really looks like a solid team at this point.

Brookville has a lot to prove to me, and plenty of chances to do so with games against Monroe, Valley View, etc left.

I personally think it's
Disagree. Bellbrook might be down this year. VV is better than a team that beat them by 10 at home? Funny. No, Milton has proven it is #1 and then I would put Valley View about 3rd. Northeastern is a good team that just beat a good Greeneview team. If BB is that good, they will prove it out by beating everyone they should. Milton has beaten everyone they needed to and you Valley View homers keep trying to trivialize that win by MU. Good try. I hope they meet up again in the playoffs. That would be a great game. I typically have respect for the VV posters on here and their program, but they cannot accept a beating when it happens in their own home field. Seriously, you really think because VV beat up Ross, who is really down this year, that they magically get better than the 10-points? Oh, I know, if there weren't turnovers you would've won, right? Got news for you, this Milton team is getting better and better each week. They will be healthy come week 11-12-13. Don't disregard Zane Trace and NE because i would bet you dollars to donuts you haven't seen either. Oh, MU beat Brookville at home too. Brookville was better than Valley View.

Last edited:
Disagree. Bellbrook might be down this year. VV is better than a team that beat them by 10 at home? Funny. No, Milton has proven it is #1 and then I would put Valley View about 3rd. Northeastern is a good team that just beat a good Greeneview team. If BB is that good, they will prove it out by beating everyone they should. Milton has beaten everyone they needed to and you Valley View homers keep trying to trivialize that win by MU. Good try. I hope they meet up again in the playoffs. That would be a great game. I typically have respect for the VV posters on here and their program, but they cannot accept a beating when it happens in their own home field. Seriously, you really think because VV beat up Ross, who is really down this year, that they magically get better than the 10-points? Oh, I know, if there weren't turnovers you would've won, right? Got news for you, this Milton team is getting better and better each week. They will be healthy come week 11-12-13. Don't disregard Zane Trace and NE because i would bet you dollars to donuts you haven't seen either. Oh, MU beat Brookville at home too. Brookville was better than Valley View.
I agree MU deserves to be #1 they beat VV. I don't think we will know how good VV is until the end of the year. They have at least 3 tough games (Brookville, Eaton and BB) that will show if they have improved. I expect VV and Brookville to be a great game with the winner looking at the #2 seed in the region. I don't see NE or ZT having enough points to overtake the winner of VV/BV.

after week 3, this is how i think they playoff seeding will play out:

1. Milton Union vs 16. Norwood
8. Brookville vs 9. Preble Shawnee

4. Zane Trace vs 13. Mariemont
5. Greeneview vs 12. Blanchester

3. Northeastern vs 14. Greenon
6. Waynesville vs 11. Summit Country Day

2. Valley View vs 15. Carlisle
7. Madeira vs 10. Purcell Marian

If you're right there will be a couple of rematches from the regular season in there.

The team that throws this whole region off for me is Waynesville. Did they beat the mighty Clinton-Massie and deserve to be recognized as a top team in the region? Or did they get incredibly lucky against a very down, 0-3 Massie? If you told me they were going to finish 9-1 or 8-2 I would believe you. If they finish 5-5 I might not be surprised either. I haven't figured them out yet.

And therefore I can't gauge Greeneview for their 3 point win over Waynesville until I know more.

Which of course means I can't gauge Northeastern's OT win over Greeneview.......

The team that throws this whole region off for me is Waynesville. Did they beat the mighty Clinton-Massie and deserve to be recognized as a top team in the region? Or did they get incredibly lucky against a very down, 0-3 Massie? If you told me they were going to finish 9-1 or 8-2 I would believe you. If they finish 5-5 I might not be surprised either. I haven't figured them out yet.

And therefore I can't gauge Greeneview for their 3 point win over Waynesville until I know more.

Which of course means I can't gauge Northeastern's OT win over Greeneview.......
Massie is fine. they’ve lost 3 close games to great opponents. Northeastern and Greeneview are 2 of this years heavy weights in the OHC and should absolutely be taken seriously. Waynesville is very scrappy but can beat anyone in the region any given night

I watched both the Waynesville and Northeastern games...Northeastern is really good...Waynesville is just below Northeastern...Greeneview will only get better...any of the 3 will be a handful come playoff time as they have had legit played playoff games early in the season and know what each of them have to do to get better...for what is worth Northeastern is their own worse enemy they are very mouthy and undisciplined until they get that fixed it will haunt them in close games...Waynesville is very scrappy qb is a stud and recivers catch everything in arms reach...region 20 will be a fun 1...goodluck to all!!

Wow, that sure looks different with no Taft, Roger Bacon, or Versailles.

Wow, that sure looks different with no Taft, Roger Bacon, or Versailles.
and to think Greeneview, Northeastern, Zane Trace, Milton Union, Waynesville, and Valley View weren’t even in the region last year!

R20 picked up some solid teams. Lost a few great ones too. i guess it all works itself out.

and to think Greeneview, Northeastern, Zane Trace, Milton Union, Waynesville, and Valley View weren’t even in the region last year!

R20 picked up some solid teams. Lost a few great ones too. i guess it all works itself out.
I think that we tend to judge based on past seasons. Milton is really strong this year, I have respect for Northeastern and have called that team since pre-season, Greeneview will be very good, Zane Trace is an unknown, and really a shock that they are in R20, Valley View, they will get beat by either Brookville or Bellbrook, maybe both. Brookville is a really, really good team. Waynesville snuck up on a rebuilding CM team, that’s it. Greeneview beat them and that was totally expected. Madeira is not a team that I’m really impressed with yet. Going forward they will face more adversity. Norwood at 16? Will they even win another game this year? The 16 seed system is, in my opinion, foolish.
My Top 16 are:
1. Milton-Union 3-0
2. Brookville 3-0
3. Valley View 2-1
4. Northeastern 3-0
5. Greeneview 2-1
6. Waynesville 2-1
7. Madeira 3-0
8. Zane Trace 3-0
9. P. Shawnee 2-1
10. Purcell Marian 2-1
11. Summit CD
12. Greenon
13. Mariemont
14. Carlisle
15. Blanchester
16. Clermont Northeastern
I do believe after Milton, 2-3-4 could interchange. If Milton takes care of business and prepares every week like they are playing Valley View or Brookville, the Region Championship is theirs to lose. My opinion is that the championship will be either
Milton-Union vs Valley View or Milton-Union vs Northeastern

I think that we tend to judge based on past seasons. Milton is really strong this year, I have respect for Northeastern and have called that team since pre-season, Greeneview will be very good, Zane Trace is an unknown, and really a shock that they are in R20, Valley View, they will get beat by either Brookville or Bellbrook, maybe both. Brookville is a really, really good team. Waynesville snuck up on a rebuilding CM team, that’s it. Greeneview beat them and that was totally expected. Madeira is not a team that I’m really impressed with yet. Going forward they will face more adversity. Norwood at 16? Will they even win another game this year? The 16 seed system is, in my opinion, foolish.
My Top 16 are:
1. Milton-Union 3-0
2. Brookville 3-0
3. Valley View 2-1
4. Northeastern 3-0
5. Greeneview 2-1
6. Waynesville 2-1
7. Madeira 3-0
8. Zane Trace 3-0
9. P. Shawnee 2-1
10. Purcell Marian 2-1
11. Summit CD
12. Greenon
13. Mariemont
14. Carlisle
15. Blanchester
16. Clermont Northeastern
I do believe after Milton, 2-3-4 could interchange. If Milton takes care of business and prepares every week like they are playing Valley View or Brookville, the Region Championship is theirs to lose. My opinion is that the championship will be either
Milton-Union vs Valley View or Milton-Union vs Northeastern
Norwood should get to 3 wins and that’s enough to get to 16. i’m basing it only off of potential harbin points from who i think will win each game the rest of the year. Waynesville is no joke- they’re a talented, scrappy team that can give any team in the region problems.