d5 region 20 predictions

Waynesville has a zero run game. The QB is a stud. NE pressured him all night. I see you say Waynesville only had eight linemen and injuries. NE only has eight lineman all together but they do not play both ways. Always fresh. Their starting guard was out and a d lineman was out. They lost their starting DE I think number 8 early in the game. They handled business. I think Waynesville was a much better team than their record. It was great being a fan watching this game. NE can play with anyone. It’s good nobody gives them respect. Maybe they will keep sneaking up on people. Love playoff football.
I didn’t want to say anything about the injuries before the game but for Waynesville our best DL was out. Our best receiver had stitches in his hand and we weren’t sure if they would pop during the game. Our starting MLB was very limited to the point we had our safety playing LOLB and CB playing safety. QB was running on fumes from injury a couple of weeks earlier. With all that said Northeastern was a better team even if we were fully healthy. Their QB RB combo was very good OL did a nice job as well. I did notice as the game went on Northeastern had some trouble getting pressure when they didn’t blitz. They seemed like a very well coached team as well. Their CBs did have some issues covering one on one. If Waynesville could run the ball at all it would have been an issue because they wouldn’t have been able to give safety help.

Northeastern was a very good team and will be a tough out

I believe the semi final will be Milton vs Brookville and Valley View vs Madeira.
Brookville seems to be hitting a stride. Very well-coached team, they slip by NE 21-18. Valley View beats up Blanchester, Zane gets shocked by Madeira, Milton gets by Shawnee by 35-0.

I didn’t want to say anything about the injuries before the game but for Waynesville our best DL was out. Our best receiver had stitches in his hand and we weren’t sure if they would pop during the game. Our starting MLB was very limited to the point we had our safety playing LOLB and CB playing safety. QB was running on fumes from injury a couple of weeks earlier. With all that said Northeastern was a better team even if we were fully healthy. Their QB RB combo was very good OL did a nice job as well. I did notice as the game went on Northeastern had some trouble getting pressure when they didn’t blitz. They seemed like a very well coached team as well. Their CBs did have some issues covering one on one. If Waynesville could run the ball at all it would have been an issue because they wouldn’t have been able to give safety help.

Your right. The Northeastern CB on the WV sideline was solid. The kid over on the NE side I think he was number 9 was very poor in coverage. I think he scorched the TD INT on a tip pass. Other than that WV could have taken that match up all night. That CB was not good, almost like he stood sideways and never backpedaled. WV beat him deep several times.
Again I think WV was better than their record. Just my opinion…. Onto next week. They are all just boys playing a game.

I believe the semi final will be Milton vs Brookville and Valley View vs Madeira.
Brookville seems to be hitting a stride. Very well-coached team, they slip by NE 21-18. Valley View beats up Blanchester, Zane gets shocked by Madeira, Milton gets by Shawnee by 35-0.
agree

I'm not trying to disrespect NE but Waynesville was 3-7 and on a 6 game losing streak. Their only league win was against Madison. They lost to Carlisle, Franklin and Oakwood. Yes, they started the season strong but ended poorly. By the end of the year they were not a good team.

I'm not trying to disrespect NE but Waynesville was 3-7 and on a 6 game losing streak. Their only league win was against Madison. They lost to Carlisle, Franklin and Oakwood. Yes, they started the season strong but ended poorly. By the end of the year they were not a good team.
That’s not quite telling the whole story. Waynesville lost on the last play of the game to Greeneview
Waynesville was leading 21-0 at Eaton
Waynesville was leading in the 4th quarter at Bellbrook
Waynesvill lost to Oakwood when they lost their starting QB who was also the holder for FGs on two botched holds for the win.
Waynesville could have scored 70 against Blanchester
Franklin was a poorly played game by Waynesville. Lost by 2
Waynesville rested most of the team against Carlisle because it was meaningless

Waynesville was not a great team, but to call them bad is incorrect

I'm not trying to disrespect NE but Waynesville was 3-7 and on a 6 game losing streak. Their only league win was against Madison. They lost to Carlisle, Franklin and Oakwood. Yes, they started the season strong but ended poorly. By the end of the year they were not a good
No disrespect taken. I just think some must have missed the 15-2 upset in D2 last night. It can happen any given night. Many said they couldn’t wait for the WV - NE match up because WV plays bigger schools etc then NE wins and now it’s said well WV was not good. I get your point 3-7 going into the game…. But they were in every game they played.

No disrespect taken. I just think some must have missed the 15-2 upset in D2 last night. It can happen any given night. Many said they couldn’t wait for the WV - NE match up because WV plays bigger schools etc then NE wins and now it’s said well WV was not good. I get your point 3-7 going into the game…. But they were in every game they played.
Waynesville good start, bad finish

I'm not sure that's an upset....I know a 5 over a 4 but I think Maderia is the favorite here. Maderia's only loss was a hard fought 23-7 to an undefeated Wyoming team. I expect Maderia to win Friday night and give VV all they can handle the following week.
while i agree they are favored, it’s a “seeding” upset. some say Brookville is favored over Northeastern, while Brookville is a lower seed. so, would it be an upset?

Waynesville's QB was the real deal. VERY good qb. I know NE had a couple Key Starters out as well. Well, one went out for the game after the 2nd or 3rd play. Hope he is able to come back this week. As far as Waynesville running the ball and NE giving safety help? Pretty sure NE doesn't rely on safety help for stopping the run.

On to Brookville. Only seen them once, and they looked very solid in most every position. Reminds me a lot of NE...dude's all over the place. Could be a barn-burner.

Waynesville's QB was the real deal. VERY good qb. I know NE had a couple Key Starters out as well. Well, one went out for the game after the 2nd or 3rd play. Hope he is able to come back this week. As far as Waynesville running the ball and NE giving safety help? Pretty sure NE doesn't rely on safety help for stopping the run.

On to Brookville. Only seen them once, and they looked very solid in most every position. Reminds me a lot of NE...dude's all over the place. Could be a barn-burner.
brookville are some very hard nosed kids . excited to see this

How I see Week 12:
#1 Valley View over #9 Blanchester: This will be a blowout, running clock type situation, IF VV plays up to their potential. VV wins, 49-0.
#5 Madeira over #4 Zane Trace: I think Madeira's defense and their gamebreaker on offense get the job done. I'll go with 21-14.
#6 Brookville over #3 Northeastern: I feel the least confident in this pick, but Brookville's ground game and defense can give Northeastern issues. I bet it'll be a higher scoring game because Northeastern's offense is legit. I'll go with: Brookville, 35-28.
#2 Milton-Union over #10 Preble Shawnee: Old SWBL rivals meet in Week 12. Shawnee had a nice win over Greeneview, but I think MU is too much this season. I'll go with MU, 35-7.

That’s not quite telling the whole story. Waynesville lost on the last play of the game to Greeneview
Waynesville was leading 21-0 at Eaton
Waynesville was leading in the 4th quarter at Bellbrook
Waynesvill lost to Oakwood when they lost their starting QB who was also the holder for FGs on two botched holds for the win.
Waynesville could have scored 70 against Blanchester
Franklin was a poorly played game by Waynesville. Lost by 2
Waynesville rested most of the team against Carlisle because it was meaningless

Waynesville was not a great team, but to call them bad is incorrect.
I agree with this post. I expected Waynesville to give someone a game in the playoffs. They've been able to score consistently all season long outside of the week or two when their QB was hurt. His injury definitely hurt their record losing him in the Oakwood game, not having him against Monroe, and then him returning against Franklin.

How I see Week 12:
#1 Valley View over #9 Blanchester: This will be a blowout, running clock type situation, IF VV plays up to their potential. VV wins, 49-0.
#5 Madeira over #4 Zane Trace: I think Madeira's defense and their gamebreaker on offense get the job done. I'll go with 21-14.
#6 Brookville over #3 Northeastern: I feel the least confident in this pick, but Brookville's ground game and defense can give Northeastern issues. I bet it'll be a higher scoring game because Northeastern's offense is legit. I'll go with: Brookville, 35-28.
#2 Milton-Union over #10 Preble Shawnee: Old SWBL rivals meet in Week 12. Shawnee had a nice win over Greeneview, but I think MU is too much this season. I'll go with MU, 35-7.
Overall I agree with your picks, could see BV/NE going either way but I think VV, Maderia and MU all win.

They lost to Waynesville 45-0 and TriVillage 43-0. Valley View 49-0. Easily
Not to sound arrogant, but I'm right there with you. Blanchester wasn't tested a lot within their league, when they played better competition, they completed folded. VV's run defense is stout. I expect VV to have an easier time with Blan than they did with Carlisle. Either way, I'm confident they'll win pretty easily.

@Bless Em All This is a really nice game for MU. I think Preble Shawnee may be one of the best, if not the best team, that MU has played since VV back in Week 2. Although PS is familiar with MU, and also having a nice season, I think MU is much better overall. It'll be hard to have success against MU being one dimensional on offense and containing MU's RB will be a chore. It's a great chance for a nice win for the Dogs and a good game to prepare for what should be a tough Regional Semi-Final game with the winner of Brookville/NE.