D4 Region 16

Schmitt

Any thoughts? Massie lost their whole backfield do they just reload? McNicholas has their 2 top Wr, TE and top running back returning but lose 4 offensive linemen and a good set of LBs,. Eaton, Alter, Wyoming who looks good?

Last edited:

Wyoming and Taft seem to lead the pack. Alter, Massie, Eaton, and McNick will be players. Shawnee is in the region now, never count them out

Taft is loaded with talent. they should be a player in this region.
My experience with the City schools is that they are talented at the skill positions but lacking upfront. Taft beat Bethel Tate (9-1) by 2 points last season. McNick running clocked Bethel in the playoffs. I know it’s not always about the head to head result, maybe Taft will be a factor in 2022 but I’ll have to be convinced.

My experience with the City schools is that they are talented at the skill positions but lacking upfront. Taft beat Bethel Tate (9-1) by 2 points last season. McNick running clocked Bethel in the playoffs. I know it’s not always about the head to head result, maybe Taft will be a factor in 2022 but I’ll have to be convinced.
Taft is pretty good up front, especially on defense. i’ve seen it in person. they’re huge on the O-line. typically, i’d agree with your statement about city schools. but Taft has consistently been the premier city school in SW Ohio

Last edited:
Very solid list here. Taft could be in the mix also. Traditionally they haven't had success in D4 though.
Personally I hope Taft is a contender, I think the competition makes the region better. Taft has been to CM 3 times I believe and had us on the ropes a couple times. 2 pt conversion away from overtime with Adolphus Washington(OSU), Dwayne Stanford(Oregon) and the qb was Parker? The other game, Taft was winning at the half but kind of imploded in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Hanging with the D5 state champs (Versailles) and a lot of the team coming back, shows that Taft will have their say in the region too. I see their biggest problem probably being depth, looks like the sidelines are empty from what I've seen on hudl.

Last edited:
Personally I hope Taft is a contender, I think the competition makes the region better. Taft has been to CM 3 times I believe and had us on the ropes a couple times. 2 pt conversion away from overtime with Adolphus Washington(OSU), Dwayne Stanford(Oregon) and the qb was Parker? The other game, Taft was winning at the half but kind of imploded in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Hanging with the D5 state champs (Versailles) and a lot of the team coming back, shows that Taft will have their say in the region too. I see their biggest problem probably being depth, looks like the sidelines are empty from what I've seen on hudl.
Taft was also a 2 pt conversion away from taking Greenon to OT in 2020. they would’ve given Roger Bacon a run for their money. many of the players on that team currently hold D1/Power 5 offers.

Taft now has a legit off-season strength and conditioning program that all the players have brought into. Thats one reason you see their kids getting recruited so heavily. Tyler Williams has them rolling in the classroom and the weight room, and building off of last year they should be a problem for anyone on the field.

Taft now has a legit off-season strength and conditioning program that all the players have brought into. Thats one reason you see their kids getting recruited so heavily. Tyler Williams has them rolling in the classroom and the weight room, and building off of last year they should be a problem for anyone on the field.
no question about the new coach having them moving in the right direction. but do you have any idea why they let Cargile go? he won a lot of games for them and seemed to be a great leader

no question about the new coach having them moving in the right direction. but do you have any idea why they let Cargile go? he won a lot of games for them and seemed to be a great leader
I have no clue, there were rumblings he was trying to leave. Maybe it was mutual, I really have no clue

What I’ve noticed with city public schools is the lack of discipline. Taft has kids from disadvantaged homes with tons of talent. Resources and home parental support is not there. Versailles, CM, Greenon all have different societal makeups than Taft. Mt Healthy is another sleeping giant but due to lack of support and resources they tend to be mediocre. Versailles would beat Taft 8 out of 10 times. CM as well would beat them.
Most of those talented kids end up at Elder, Princeton, Moeller, Wyoming, etc
Milton played Taft in the early 80s and they were fast and talented, but we had discipline. I know that was a lifetime ago, but those kids are similar to these. Final was 52-0.
I root for Taft, Hughes, Mt Healthy, etc when I can. They are sleeping giants.

What I’ve noticed with city public schools is the lack of discipline. Taft has kids from disadvantaged homes with tons of talent. Resources and home parental support is not there. Versailles, CM, Greenon all have different societal makeups than Taft. Mt Healthy is another sleeping giant but due to lack of support and resources they tend to be mediocre. Versailles would beat Taft 8 out of 10 times. CM as well would beat them.
Milton played Taft in the early 80s and they were fast and talented, but we had discipline. I know that was a lifetime ago, but those kids are similar to these. Final was 52-0.
Very good post here. The schools you all mention are sleeping Giants for sure. When they get structure you can see them start to reach their potential. What Crouch did at Mount Healthy, Mobley at Hughes, Cargile at Taft (and now Williams), currently Jones at Withrow is give discipline and structure to those teams. Sadly CPS does not keep good Coaches long.

bingo. the reason Greenon beat Taft was because they were more physical and much more disciplined. Taft had advantages in both size and talent. the other key was Greenon didn’t turn the ball over, while Taft had a tendency to make those kind of mistakes more frequently.

my question is, what’s different between basketball and football? Taft just won a state title in basketball and won the region the year before. why can’t they make deep tournament runs on the gridiron?

Very good post here. The schools you all mention are sleeping Giants for sure. When they get structure you can see them start to reach their potential. What Crouch did at Mount Healthy, Mobley at Hughes, Cargile at Taft (and now Williams), currently Jones at Withrow is give discipline and structure to those teams. Sadly CPS does not keep good Coaches long.
Thats mostly due to pay or lack of resources

bingo. the reason Greenon beat Taft was because they were more physical and much more disciplined. Taft had advantages in both size and talent. the other key was Greenon didn’t turn the ball over, while Taft had a tendency to make those kind of mistakes more frequently.

my question is, what’s different between basketball and football? Taft just won a state title in basketball and won the region the year before. why can’t they make deep tournament runs on the gridiron?
Last year was year one with Williams at the helm. Look for vast improvement in year 2. It all starts in the weight room and being disciplined and focused there. Being accountable to each other...thats the change I've seen heading into this season.

IH tested first four games. McNick, Taft, Northwest, Wyoming. Was not too long ago they were at the top of the region. Rodenberg and the new staff are ready to right the ship.

Coaching?

It's July 13, 2022

IUDOGS: DIVISION IV, REGION 16

Who's going to win Region 16

What does your Top Eight like in Region 16 ??

01. Batavia

02. Bethel - Tate

03. Chillicothe Unioto

04. Cincinnati Archbishop McNicholas

05. Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy

06. Cincinnati Indian Hill

07. Cincinnati Shroder

08. Cincinnati Taft

09. Cincinnati Wyoming

10. Clarksville Clinton - Massie

11. Cleves Taylor

12. Dayton Dunbar

13. Dayton Northridge

14. Dayton Ponitz Career Technology Center

15. Eaton

16. Franklin Bishop Fenwick

17. Greenfield McClain

18. Kettering Archbishop Alter

19. Reading

20. Springfield Kenton Ridge

21. Springfield Shawnee

22. St Bernard Roger Bacon

23. St Paris Graham Local

24. Urbana

25. Vincent Warren

26. Waverly

IUDOGS PICKS:

CINCINNATI WYOMNG to win Region 16

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT
(not in order)

1. Cincinnati Wyoming

2. Cincinnati Taft

3. Kettering Archbishop Alter

4. Eaton

5. Cincinnati Archbishop McNicholas

6. Springfield Shawnee

7. Clarksville Clinton - Massie

8. Waverly

:unsure: :cool: :) :p :banana:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:
Wyoming would be my favorite under 1 condition. Hester staying healthy. Wondering if his body can take another 35+ touches a game

It's July 13, 2022

IUDOGS: DIVISION IV, REGION 16

Who's going to win Region 16

What does your Top Eight like in Region 16 ??

01. Batavia

02. Bethel - Tate

03. Chillicothe Unioto

04. Cincinnati Archbishop McNicholas

05. Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy

06. Cincinnati Indian Hill

07. Cincinnati Shroder

08. Cincinnati Taft

09. Cincinnati Wyoming

10. Clarksville Clinton - Massie

11. Cleves Taylor

12. Dayton Dunbar

13. Dayton Northridge

14. Dayton Ponitz Career Technology Center

15. Eaton

16. Franklin Bishop Fenwick

17. Greenfield McClain

18. Kettering Archbishop Alter

19. Reading

20. Springfield Kenton Ridge

21. Springfield Shawnee

22. St Bernard Roger Bacon

23. St Paris Graham Local

24. Urbana

25. Vincent Warren

26. Waverly

IUDOGS PICKS:

CINCINNATI WYOMNG to win Region 16

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT
(not in order)

1. Cincinnati Wyoming

2. Cincinnati Taft

3. Kettering Archbishop Alter

4. Eaton

5. Cincinnati Archbishop McNicholas

6. Springfield Shawnee

7. Clarksville Clinton - Massie

8. Waverly

:unsure: :cool: :) :p :banana:

This is IUDOGS signing off.
I don’t see Alter being that high. They lost a lot of talent and are very young. I heard they have fewer then 10 Seniors.