D3 Region 12

JustCallMeCoach

This region has quite a bit of changes. Aiken, Ross, Northwest, Alter, St.Marys ,Dunbar , Fenwick, Ponitz are all out. You also have Hillsboro, Meadowdale,Thurgood Marshall, Oakwood, Tecumseh, Wilmington and Western Brown coming in. (2021 Playoff Teams in Bold)

Top Tier:

Badin, Trotwood, Bellbrook

Next Tier:

Western Brown, Monroe, Tipp, Wapak

Potential surprise teams:

Woodward (New Staff, athletic team), West Carrollton (New Staff), CJ (New Coach with tons of experience), New Richmond (New Staff), Wilmington (New Staff)

It will be interesting to see if TW rebounds after a couple sub par seasons.
I know they were young last season. The chances of them bouncing back are pretty high. On paper the only team I believe that may be more talented is Badin. I think they are the clear cut favorites at this point. With that being said 2022 is a new season so we'll see!

Western Brown could be a surprise team. Thurgood Marshall is least likely to make the postseason.
I like western brown. They can put up points. Only issue is defense. Other than Massie no one in the conference can really prepare them for the caliber teams they will see at the top of region 12. Giving up 66 points to Monroe is concerning. Again this is a new season though so that issue can be fixed.

I’m surprised West Carrollton dropped to 3. They’ve been a solid 2 for how long?
They can possibly be a region 12 playoff team within the next couple years. They’ve always had decent talent. Mosley seems to be a good hire for them .

It's July 13, 2022

IUDOGS: DIVISION III, REGION 12

Who's going to win Region 12 ??

What is your Top Eight like in Region 12 ??

01. Bellbrook

02. Celina

03. Cincinnati Hughes

04. Cincinnati Mount Healthy

05. Cincinnati Woodward

06. Dayton Carroll

07. Dayton Chaminade - Julienne

08. Dayton Meadowdale

09. Dayton Oakwood

10. Dayton Thurgood Marshall

11. Elida

12. Franklin

13. Goshen

14. Greenville

15. Hamilton Badin

16. Hillsboro

17. Lima Shawnee

18. Monroe

19. Mount Orab Western brown

20. New Carlisle Tecumseh

21. New Richmond

22. Tipp City Tippecanoe

23. Trotwood - Madison

24. Vandalia Butler

25. Wapakoneta

26. West Carrollton

27. Wilmington

IUDOGS PICKS:

HAMILTON BADIN to win to Region 12

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT
(not in order)

1. Hamilton Badin

2. Trotwood - Madison

3. Bellbrook

4. Mount Orab Western Brown

5. Monroe

6. Tipp City Tippecanoe

7. Wapakoneta

8. West Carrollton

:unsure: :cool: :) :p :banana:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

It's July 13, 2022

01. Bellbrook

02. Celina

03. Cincinnati Hughes

05. Cincinnati Woodward

06. Dayton Carroll

08. Dayton Meadowdale

09. Dayton Oakwood

11. Elida

12. Franklin

13. Goshen

14. Greenville

15. Hamilton Badin

16. Hillsboro

17. Lima Shawnee

18. Monroe

21. New Richmond

22. Tipp City Tippecanoe

23. Trotwood - Madison

24. Vandalia Butler

25. Wapakoneta

26. West Carrollton

27. Wilmington

IUDOGS PICKS:

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT
(not in order)

1. Hamilton Badin

2. Trotwood - Madison

3. Bellbrook

5. Monroe

6. Tipp City Tippecanoe

7. Wapakoneta

8. West Carrollton

West Carrollton?

It's July 13, 2022

01. Bellbrook

02. Celina

03. Cincinnati Hughes

05. Cincinnati Woodward

06. Dayton Carroll

08. Dayton Meadowdale

09. Dayton Oakwood

11. Elida

12. Franklin

13. Goshen

14. Greenville

15. Hamilton Badin

16. Hillsboro

17. Lima Shawnee

18. Monroe

21. New Richmond

22. Tipp City Tippecanoe

23. Trotwood - Madison

24. Vandalia Butler

25. Wapakoneta

26. West Carrollton

27. Wilmington

IUDOGS PICKS:

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT
(not in order)

1. Hamilton Badin

2. Trotwood - Madison

3. Bellbrook

5. Monroe

6. Tipp City Tippecanoe

7. Wapakoneta

8. West Carrollton

Top 8 (No order)

Trotwood
Badin
Wapak
Tipp
Monroe
Bellbrook
WB
CJ

Tipp might have their best QB ever in Poronsky, as well as their best group of skill players in many years with Stanley Cline, Xavier Jones, Howard and a kid who moved in from Texas. Tipp’s problem is that they are tiny on the offensive and defensive lines and they are replacing 21 of 22 starters.

The top 2 teams in the region last year (Badin and Bellbrook) lost a ton of senior talent, so I'd predict this region is up for grabs in '22.

If Monroe can keep it together I see them making a good run come playoff time.

CJ has a new coach who I hear has had a bunch of Dayton kids following him to CJ.

The top 2 teams in the region last year (Badin and Bellbrook) lost a ton of senior talent, so I'd predict this region is up for grabs in '22.

If Monroe can keep it together I see them making a good run come playoff time.

CJ has a new coach who I hear has had a bunch of Dayton kids following him to CJ.
CJ has actually lost a bit of talent. Multiple starting skill players and a starting DE transferred out. The double wing isn't the most popular scheme to kids these days.

CJ has actually lost a bit of talent. Multiple starting skill players and a starting DE transferred out. The double wing isn't the most popular scheme to kids these days.
Hadn't heard that. Coach White was a great hire imo, if he can get buy in from the boys at CJ they will be a tough out for anyone in R12. CJ kids are more disciplined and might even execute his offense more efficiently than some of the programs he's coached in Dayton public imo. Time will tell I guess.

Hadn't heard that. Coach White was a great hire imo, if he can get buy in from the boys at CJ they will be a tough out for anyone in R12. CJ kids are more disciplined and might even execute his offense more efficiently than some of the programs he's coached in Dayton public imo. Time will tell I guess.
I COMPLETELY agree with your points. He is a great coach and they can be very good. Region 12 is going to be interesting.

Badin is obviously the favorite, But Western Brown and Tipp are also really good and could challenge Badin. Wapak and Bellbrook could also make a run. The one team that I think is sneaky good is CJ, Tipp will have to play well to beat them in the second round. Tipp is 9-1, beating most people’s expectations, and are 5 points away from being 10-0 with 2 wins against top 15 teams in D2. I think they can win this region

CJ is a wild card to me. Their offense is tough to stop, they have athletes, and they played Badin very tough.

Badin is likely still the favorite, but their games against CJ and Fenwick make me think the region could be open, and teams like Western Brown, Tipp, Wapak, Bellbrook, and maybe even CJ could step up and win the region with the ball bouncing the right way for them.

CJ is a wild card to me. Their offense is tough to stop, they have athletes, and they played Badin very tough.
Has Trotwood improved enough to maybe win a playoff game or two? It's so hard to tell this year because their schedule is essentially either juggernauts or cupcakes. The closest game to a real measuring stick is the win over Alter it appears.

Has Trotwood improved enough to maybe win a playoff game or two? It's so hard to tell this year because their schedule is essentially either juggernauts or cupcakes. The closest game to a real measuring stick is the win over Alter it appears.

It's just like you said. Our schedule is very top heavy, with the most "normal" teams being Alter and Withrow. We beat Alter, and really "should" have beaten Withrow, if not for some bad turnovers. I think the confidence off those wins in the last month will help.

Week 12 Matchups:
#1 Badin vs. #16 Woodward
#2 Western Brown vs. #15 Mount Healthy
#3 Tipp City vs. #14 Hillsboro
#4 Wapakoneta vs. #13 Wilmington
#5 Bellbrook vs. #12 Celina
#6 CJ vs. #11 Trotwood Madison
#7 Hughes vs. #10 Monroe
#8 Tecumseh vs. #9 New Richmond