D3 - Region 11. What to expect?

CBusGuy23

What can we expect from this region going into the 2022 season?
Any early favorites or darkhorses to make it to Canton this fall?

Athens, Beechcroft, Bellefontaine, Bexley, Bishop Watterson, Bloom‐Carroll, Centennial, Chillicothe, Circleville, Granville, Hamilton Township, Jackson, John Glenn, Jonathan Alder, Linden McKinley, London, Marietta, Miami Trace, Sheridan, South, Tri‐Valley, Washington, Whitehall‐Yearling, Zanesville

Let hear it!

Bellefontaine will make some noise. never count out London, Jonathan Alder, Tri Valley, and Jackson. Bloom Carroll should be very good as well. Granville is the favorite until proven otherwise.

I certainly think it is lining up to be a great region. So far I am seeing Granville and BC as the favorites... any debate around that?

I certainly think it is lining up to be a great region. So far I am seeing Granville and BC as the favorites... any debate around that?
In the back of my mind is the possibility of a first-year hangover following a coach departure. In this case, BC.

Granville went 4-3 in their first year post-Buttermore. Alder went 6-5 first year post-Glass.

There’s a real chance BC could start 0-3 this year, post-Wade. I think BC will still be fine, but, I don’t see them leading the line just yet.

I’m biased but I’d throw in a vote for Bellefontaine. They have to prove it but last years Tri Valley playoff win and Watterson win were a springboard to what could be one of the best teams in school history.
I also haven’t heard anyone mention that they added Marysville Defensive Coordinator, Aaron Peitsmeyer. Just an outstanding addition to the team and community. So great to have a Peitsmeyer back roaming the sidelines.

In the back of my mind is the possibility of a first-year hangover following a coach departure. In this case, BC.

Granville went 4-3 in their first year post-Buttermore. Alder went 6-5 first year post-Glass.

There’s a real chance BC could start 0-3 this year, post-Wade. I think BC will still be fine, but, I don’t see them leading the line just yet.
Is this more due to coaching or talent?

I’m biased but I’d throw in a vote for Bellefontaine. They have to prove it but last years Tri Valley playoff win and Watterson win were a springboard to what could be one of the best teams in school history.
I also haven’t heard anyone mention that they added Marysville Defensive Coordinator, Aaron Peitsmeyer. Just an outstanding addition to the team and community. So great to have a Peitsmeyer back roaming the sidelines.
Bellefontaine is going to be a force the next 3 years. dark horse to win the region but it’s possible they’re the most talented (albeit, young) team in the region.

i can’t wait to watch them take on Coldwater!

Is this more due to coaching or talent?
Which part? The first year ‘pains’ of GV and JA in new staffs, or the projection of BC possibly starting 0-3?

BC has a fine coaching staff. They graduated a bunch of dudes, though. That’s a hard first three weeks.

Which part? The first year ‘pains’ of GV and JA in new staffs, or the projection of BC possibly starting 0-3?

BC has a fine coaching staff. They graduated a bunch of dudes, though. That’s a hard first three weeks.
Agreed! This is going to be a fun region to watch as we get late into the season. Best of luck to all teams!

1. Bloom Carroll
2. Granville
3. Jackson
4. Bellefontaine
5. Alder
6. Sheridan
7. Watterson
8. London
Granville will be down as they just lost a ton of seniors/starters.
Bloom Carroll coming up will be interesting as Wade obviously did a great job but they were in a nice spot and had good players for many years
Don't know much about Bellefontaine
Alder seemed young with a new coach so this could be a nice year 2 upgrade
Sheridan is Sheridan
Watterson if I remember played Granville 2x and it was semi close both times with a younger team
London was ground and pound last year and lost a few very good players.

what’s the scoop on Tri-Valley?

Washington Court House still has a house at tight end.

i’m expecting London to be very good and Alder to be much improved from last year. Alder has a pretty good RB who transferred in from West Jeff last year, if i’m not mistaken.

Tri-Valley was very solid when we played them. Don’t know about the returners

London lost a ton I think

I feel like Alder lost alot as well, but yes, they return the RB, who is exceptional.

I'd include Chillicothe in a discussion with potentially winning a few playoff games in this region with a very good new coaching staff and some good talent, headlined by Galloway at tight end. He'll likely go to a Power 5 university.

GV was 4-2 in 2020 Covid regular season following Buttermore losing to two teams that went to at least regional-finals by combined 3 points, hardly called “Pains” .. UA was 2-4 under Buttermore during that same Covid regular season those would more likely be called” pains.”

JA went 6-4 the same as Glass and Jerome in same season both teams/coaches with winning records .. “pains?”

Last edited:
GV was 4-2 in 2020 Covid regular season following Buttermore losing to two teams that went to at least regional-finals on last second plays, hardly called “Pains” .. UA was 2-4 under Buttermore during that same Covid regular season those would be “pains.”
yeah I’m not interested in a “weLl AckShuaLLy” over Granville 2020 — not because your points are pedantic (56-35 ‘L’ to DeSales? More like the “Blue Mares” that night) but because Granville and Alder serve as useful points of comparison to BC in D3.

And, to get this out of the way: Buttermore, Schroeder? Brett Glass? Wade Bartholomew? All great coaches. I don’t know enough about Alder’s current coach to say one way or the other; BC’s coach was a solid longtime assistant. The latter two will likely do well, but it may take a couple years for their squads to win the region. R11 is a beast with or without SFD & Hartley in it.

Granville & Alder? Two programs that have been ‘in the ring’ regionally for a good long time. Super-storied programs? No. More experienced and accomplished in any size-classification than Bloom-Carroll? Yeah. BC’s a newcomer to D3 to start. And before Wade got there, it was a mess. He hands off the keys to a car in decent shape. It’s not without some obstacles — 11 is way deeper and stiffer than Region 15. BC graduated what might be their best senior class in program history. 5/7ths of their league schedule isn’t going to be comparable to a week 11 opponent for them in R11. Their first three games of the season do prepare them for R11 (which is good.)

Could BC win this region? Perhaps. It is a wide open region. If they don’t, it wouldn’t be a direct fault of coaching or personnel. It’s just a more commanding postseason (last year’s team possibly could’ve made regional finals in 11 and won, but that’s with the dudes they had and a coach who already the better half of a decade under his belt as the head man at his program.) Hence, the point of invoking Alder & GV…

JA went 6-4 the same as Glass and Jerome in same season both teams/coaches with winning records .. “pains?”

Alder’s 6-4 is not even remotely close to the same caliber of season compared to Jerome’s 2021.

Alder’s 6-4 is not even remotely close to the same caliber of season compared to Jerome’s 2021.
Jerome lost to rival Coffman who had a great 4-8 record which should have NEVER happened after 3 KO returns for TDs to get their 6-4 and of course they are different teams we are talking D1 to D3. As far as the GV 56-35 beating from the eventually D3 state runners-up DeSales (which was a closer game than DeSales had with Hartley 38-7 and JA 31-6 during that playoff run) GV lost the previous year in playoffs under Buttermore to Harley just as bad 35-13 and probably less competitively. I am not advocating that JA or GV is going to win the region because I don’t believe either will I am just saying BC does have a shot and that your belief that those programs fell off cliffs after their coaches left is in accurate.

I'd include Chillicothe in a discussion with potentially winning a few playoff games in this region with a very good new coaching staff and some good talent, headlined by Galloway at tight end. He'll likely go to a Power 5 university.
Chillicothe has an excellent coach for sure. Not sure what to think of Galloway - I know he is garnering all kinds of recruiting attention but dang I saw him play several times last year he has absolutely no physicality whatsoever and that was in a poor league. I know he is tearing it up on measureables and looks great at 7 on7’s . But these college staffs know what thr looking for. His new HS coach will absolutely help him.

i’m expecting London to be very good and Alder to be much improved from last year. Alder has a pretty good RB who transferred in from West Jeff last year, if i’m not mistaken.
WCH should be solid…return the Kentucky commit at TE and return some nice pieces from last year. Had some pretty good young skill kids but not sure how good the lines were. I saw them play Western Brown

I think London and Alder have reached the point where they will be good each year. Question is how good….::
London will be younger than previous seasons. The Senior class has talent but lower numbers than usual. The good news... a stong Junior class and talented underclassmen will be ready to step up and gain valuable Varsity experience. The Region seems deep... should be a competitive season with Alder and London in the conversation. Good Luck to all! Ready for some FOOTBALL!!!

Find out Week 1 They host DeSales

This should be a great region with the addition of Bloom-Carroll. John Glenn also moves up. What about South Urban? Centennial and Circleville likely won't be playing week 11.

This should be a great region with the addition of Bloom-Carroll. John Glenn also moves up. What about South Urban? Centennial and Circleville likely won't be playing week 11.
With 16 teams making the playoffs, a 5-5 Circleville could sneak into that 16th spot. Circleville should start the season at 3-0 (although will not get many Level 2 points from those wins) and have three winnable games in the Mid-State League Buckeye Division.

Don't take offense but this region is mediocre at best. other than Watterson whose best days are behind them there isn't one team left in this Region who has much has a State Runner up trophy in their trophy case . There is no History, Pedigree or playoff substance left in this Region.
nothing to get excited about at a Elite State Level. JMO ..........