D3 outlook

TMEW

I’ve seen threads on other divisions but haven’t seen one on D3. Any thoughts? In central Ohio I would think Desales is the heavy favorite. I’m not familiar with the other regions

As far as SWO

Top Tier
Trotwood
Ross

Potentially Solid Teams
Bellbrook
Mount Healthy
Hughes
CJ
New Richmond
Franklin

I’ve seen threads on other divisions but haven’t seen one on D3. Any thoughts? In central Ohio I would think Desales is the heavy favorite. I’m not familiar with the other regions
Winner of Region 9, Desales, or Kettering Alter will probably be the favorites for the division

Akron STVM in Region 9 welcome a QB 6-2 210 Sr 4.6 bench 315 dual threat whom passed and rushed for over.1500 yards. RB 6-0 212 rushed for 1100 yards as a So. Also a 5-8 195 junior who rushed for newly 950 yards in 2020. The OT’s are 6-6 315 6-3 295 6-4 290’OG 6-2 300 6-2 280 6-2 235
TE 6-3 210 Defensively the Irish will return size up front a couple returning LB’s flanked by a veteran secondary. The skill positions will be young but fast. The Irish have a Tough schedule but should rack up enough wins to advance into the playoffs. If they can remain healthy they are a certain contender for the region 9 title and a shot at the D3 final 4. Give them time to develop and thr resulrs could be impressive!!

Last edited:
Canfield returns multiple All-State & D1 recruits from arguably the 3rd best D3 team in Ohio last year. Don’t know if they’ll win it all, but definitely a top team to win R9. Would assume Desales will be good again, along with Trotwood. Chardon had a lot of seniors but their coaching staff is great and they had good juniors, so will be a great team in R9 again, as well as SVSM.

Akron STVM in Region 9 return QB 6-1 180 Jr RB 6-0 215 rushed for 1100 yards as soph OL 6-7 315 6-3 295 OG 6-2 300 6-2 280 TE 6-3 210 Defensively the Irish will return size up front a couple returning LB’s flanked by a veteran secondary. The skills positions will be young but fast. The Irish have a Tough schedule but should rack up enough wins to advance into the playoffs. If they can remain healthy they are a certain contender for the region 9 title and a shot at the D3 final 4.

Good time to start setting up the eventual disappointment. Not to be too critical, but we've been hearing about SVSM but not seen much in results in recent seasons. Last year's flameout (which included a fight and a ref being struck) was a hell of an end to yet another promising season.

They are going to yet again have to show me, not just tell me.

Good time to start setting up the eventual disappointment. Not to be too critical, but we've been hearing about SVSM but not seen much in results in recent seasons. Last year's flameout (which included a fight and a ref being struck) was a hell of an end to yet another promising season.

They are going to yet again have to show me, not just tell me.
Aurora should be solid this year. They played mostly Juniors last year and have a tough rising Junior class to mix in with next year’s Senior class. Aurora at St. V. Week 2 so we should know early where both teams stand.

The old coach/AD at New Philly didn't do the new coach any favors with 2021 schedule. Arguably 4 of the top of 8 teams in region 9, Chardon, Canfield, Steubenville and Dover. Also Akron Buchtel who's a bit of a wildcard, no idea how good they can be year to year.

The old coach/AD at New Philly didn't do the new coach any favors with 2021 schedule. Arguably 4 of the top of 8 teams in region 9, Chardon, Canfield, Steubenville and Dover. Also Akron Buchtel who's a bit of a wildcard, no idea how good they can be year to year.
Ouch!!!!

Thats a tough schedule but one that will have them prepared for the playoffs

12 teams are making playoffs this year. Hard to imagine New Philly doesn’t make it.
16 but from how they’ve performed against big red’s JV, freshmen, and middle school the past couple years it’s not looking good for the future. It’s either that or Big Red is just 30 points better at the lower levels

16 but from how they’ve performed against big red’s JV, freshmen, and middle school the past couple years it’s not looking good for the future. It’s either that or Big Red is just 30 points better at the lower levels
I think it’s 12 this year and 16 next year

Kettering Alter is a safe bet in R12. both the offense and defense will likely be going through CJ Hicks (OSU commit). Ross graduated a ton. Badin should be competitive. i think Bellbrook was younger last year and brings back a lot. Trotwood is usually in the mix but Alter clocked them last year so who knows.