D3 outlook

Kettering Alter is a safe bet in R12. both the offense and defense will likely be going through CJ Hicks (OSU commit). Ross graduated a ton. Badin should be competitive. i think Bellbrook was younger last year and brings back a lot. Trotwood is usually in the mix but Alter clocked them last year so who knows.
Badin plays all of those schools besides TW in the regular season, should be interesting. Badin returns many skilled players and have a talented junior class. Need help upfront.

Ross graduated arguably the best senior class in school history, they have some nice skilled players but might struggle upfront.

Bellbrook actually lost a ton of seniors. If I remember correctly 2/3 of last years team were in the senior class.

TW will be interesting bc I actually think not being in a conference and losing talent to other Dayton programs has caught up to them quickly. Always dangerous however.

I know very little outside of my team who won't be a threat. Who looks good in R10?

I know it's the weak region but someone has to win it.

Norwalk or Ashland a safe bet?

R10 teams are mostly a hall for Defiance, ouch.

We'd have to win more than twice first lol.

Toledo schools aren't bad. We've played Avon, Avon Lake, Brecksville, Midview, Walsh Jesuit, Buchtel, Bay before. We know Fremont and Findlay well, if we get back to that level lol.

I was thinking Ashland, just wasn't sure what anyone else has.

I believe Tiffin Columbian returns a lot from their region 10 championship team.
was the next team i would’ve included.

that shellshacking against Chardon just left a sour taste in my mouth- not normal to lose by 40 in the state semi-finals

was the next team i would’ve included.

that shellshacking against Chardon just left a sour taste in my mouth- not normal to lose by 40 in the state semi-finals
I'm not usually in the business defending Columbian, but that was their first Final Four appearance, so bright light fever may have been a factor. Plus, this was more on Chardon; they took everyone to the shed last year. Obviously, Columbian game no different.

Continuing with Region 10 talk, this puppy is wide open, Imho. From my general area, Ashland, Norwalk, and Tiffin certainly have a shot. One can never discount Mansfield Senior as well. Speaking which, Norwalk will travel to Arlin Field Week 1 to take on the TYgers

As far as SWO

Top Tier
Trotwood
Ross

Potentially Solid Teams
Bellbrook
Mount Healthy
Hughes
CJ
New Richmond
Franklin
Hate to say it but Franklin won't be having any success this year under their new coach. Defense last year was entirely made up of seniors which kept the team from being a complete train wreck. Offense was awful last year and the rumored wing t that Larry is bringing to Franklin won't find much success. Definitely a rebuilding year for the wildcats. Bellbrook will win the SWBL east

Hate to say it but Franklin won't be having any success this year under their new coach. Defense last year was entirely made up of seniors which kept the team from being a complete train wreck. Offense was awful last year and the rumored wing t that Larry is bringing to Franklin won't find much success. Definitely a rebuilding year for the wildcats. Bellbrook will win the SWBL east
It’s always fun to watch Bellbrook win the SWBL, think they are relevant, listen to their parents talk, and watch them get crushed in the playoffs.

Trotwood-Madison is going to be a big question mark this year. Talking to a coach or two at the regional track meet they believe they have plenty of great young talent but the pandemic may have some lasting effects for the next few years by simply not having those kids in school for a whole year.

Some kids have jobs, have not worked out or just were disconnected due to the fact they were out of the building until March. This is a common factor with many "urban" districts shown and proved by the low numbers for track. I know detractors will say "everybody had pandemic issues" but man it's different when your kids can't even practice or work out. The coaches are saying it's just been the last couple of weeks they are starting see kids. Unfortunate but true. Well see, it may be a quiet in Ram Nation on the gridiron this year....

Last edited:
Where's the kid that's sure Wapak is the only real program in the state? Thought for sure he (or someone) would have picked them as a state contender by now.

I mean they shouldn't be bad. Top 3 in the WBL for sure. If only they didn't have to go play those tough playoff games!

Where's the kid that's sure Wapak is the only real program in the state? Thought for sure he (or someone) would have picked them as a state contender by now.

I mean they shouldn't be bad. Top 3 in the WBL for sure. If only they didn't have to go play those tough playoff games!
He is a troll doesn’t represent Wapak football just trying to get a rise out of people

They have been since 2019
They’ve been assigned to region 9 since 2019.

It’s possible but unlikely that they’re reassigned to region 11. Technically they’ve been in the northeast region of both divisions they’ve played in since 2017

CJ was young last year but man, that game was an absolute shellshacking. they’re a year at best away from being competitive in the region.
Bellbrook was hitting on all cylinders that night , hated to see that team lose , was a great squad
They return a lot though , will be interesting to see if they can put together another run .

Trotwood-Madison is going to be a big question mark this year. Talking to a coach or two at the regional track meet they believe they have plenty of great young talent but the pandemic may have some lasting effects for the next few years by simply not having those kids in school for a whole year.

Some kids have jobs, have not worked out or just were disconnected due to the fact they were out of the building until March. This is a common factor with many "urban" districts shown and proved by the low numbers for track. I know detractors will say "everybody had pandemic issues" but man it's different when your kids can't even practice or work out. The coaches are saying it's just been the last couple of weeks they are starting see kids. Unfortunate but true. Well see, it may be a quiet in Ram Nation on the gridiron this year....
I agree that every urban district is going through this. Also not to mention some kids left these districts last year when they thought they would not have a season. I could not imagine what a pandemic would've done to the program when I played because I know what happened when we had idle time as inner city teens.

Hartley will come out of Region 11. They return everyone from last season. A team that should have a shot to win it all if we stay healthy.