D2R7 Playoff Projections - "Senator your No Joe Eitel"

Is there a chance mathematically that Nortland could get in with a win over 6-2 Beechcroft. Improbable but not impossible.

Yes, Northland will definitely get in with a win over Beechcroft, either 14 or 15 depending on what happens with Wooster and level 2 points. But winning that game seems pretty unlikely. Crazier things have happened week 10 tho.

Same holds true for Logan, Watkins Mem, St Charles, and even Mt Vernon. Should any of them win, they all would move in front of the Kilbourne/Tangy/Perry logjam at 6.5-6.9. They are all very likely to lose, however.

One other game to keep an eye on is Orange/Liberty, Orange finally won last week after a season full of narrow losses and Liberty is pretty beat up. Liberty still pretty strong favorite to win that game, but if Orange wins Tangy will have around 7.2 and that locks them ahead of Perry and Kilbourne

Bla, Bla Bla, Mr. SLIP! I'm from PA and had kids in my district attend Linsley because of our close proximity to Wheeling. It's a private school but no where near the caliber of Stark County Football! I was pretty ticked off when CCC lost to them at HOME! I have been running my gibs on FB about the difference between Stark County Football and Wheeling Football! CCC let me down! I still hope that their schedule has prepared them for a deep run! Good luck CCC! Win out and bring the hardware home!
Linsly would stand a good chance of beating at least half of the teams in Stark County this year. Stark County still has a good team or 2 in a given year, but it isn’t as deep as it used to be.

1 of my frat brothers and post-collegiate roommate was a Linsly grad. He played soccer there. His older bro. played football there about the same time as Eddie Drummond.

Guys, these were done very quickly on the other teams I haven't built a full grid on, just using rough approximations based on the min/max numbers Eitel put out mixed in with a realistic assessment of what might happen (which of course, might not happen).

Some of the teams you will see a fixed number in all 4 scenarios, that's because it is highly likely there are not variables in their outcome. Other teams, I plugged in a few possible values based on (in some cases) whether or not they win or lose (Green/Lake being a big one) and sometime whether some of their former victims win or lose.

There are several other scenarios you could run with these, but here's 4. The notes tell you what played into different numbers, where they exist
1634780349366.png

1634780366466.png

1634780381003.png

1634780392971.png

If anyone has weird scenario requests, LMK

Last edited:
Had a request to look at what happens if Wooster loses.

This is impossible to call because their min point total then is 6.4, which has them out in every scenario, but they have 4 possible places to pick up level 2 points and they are largely games that might be tough to predict. I gave Woosters 4 opponents losses in the simulation above, mostly because fussing over those games doesnt matter if Wooster wins because they have no one near them in terms of points (unless Northland wins).

But if they lose it becomes a much different deal, this is what they would pick up on top of the 6.4 if their opponents win:
Orville 0.5
Louisville 0.4
Lexington 0.55
Ashland 0.55

If a team other than Louisville wins, it seems to put them squarely in front of most Kilbourne, Tangy, and Perry outcomes. If 2 of their opponents win they could end up essentially in the same place they are going to if they win their game. But the possibility does exist, if Wooster loses and all 4 of their former victims lose, they are definitely out.

Linsly would stand a good chance of beating at least half of the teams in Stark County this year. Stark County still has a good team or 2 in a given year, but it isn’t as deep as it used to be.

1 of my frat brothers and post-collegiate roommate was a Linsly grad. He played soccer there. His older bro. played football there about the same time as Eddie Drummond.
I'm sorry Mr. SLIP. My Stark County Pride is just crushed at this point! I'm an Alumni of Mcguffey high school who was defeated by Lindsey recently and in all honesty I never thought that CCC whould succumb to them! It's a Private school whom all the kids I knew(in the 80's) who went there were dope smoking rich kids! Long story short I should not have run my BIG FAT MOUTH to about getting schooled in the arts of Stark County football to! Things have changed I see!

Is there a chance mathematically that Nortland could get in with a win over 6-2 Beechcroft. Improbable but not impossible.
Beating Beechcroft would get Northland to 8.555 points alone (not including the games of the teams that Northland has already beaten) so they would probably be in with a win.

Perry played its 5th OT game of the season and lost 27-24 to GlenOak. Perry is eliminated from playoff contention.

Last I saw, Wooster was up 17-7 with 2:42 left.

A couple unexpected results in games, but for the most part they held. Its going to look like scenario 2, with the exception being that none of Greens unpaired prior victims won, and they are going to finish 7th and Scioto 6th. EDIT one other item was a couple of Whitehalls opponents unexpectedly winning, they will jump Green, unless Louisville wins tomorrow night.

Last edited: