D2 2022 Very Early Predictions

If Winton Woods is able to find a QB they will be a handful for R8. They have a load of young talent in the pipeline and I hear alot of kids around Cincinnati are extremely interested in what's going on there.

Who wins D2 R7 ... Big Walnut still going to roll? I hear they have a lot of kids coming up in the program? Obviously Massillon Washington is always up there. Any hope that the new HC at Olentangy will put the Braves back on top?

If Winton Woods is able to find a QB they will be a handful for R8. They have a load of young talent in the pipeline and I hear alot of kids around Cincinnati are extremely interested in what's going on there.
I thought I read that the kid who was at Moeller has landed at WW. That would be huge for them.

What makes you think that?
Hoban is now battling with a resurgent St Vincent and Walsh Jesuit for athletes. what is the parochial geography as far as competition in attracting players/students in LaSalle area? Just curious
Lasalle usually has some impact players from Winton Woods school district, that number is sure to go down with WW winning the title and WW former coach at Princeton.

Lasalle usually has some impact players from Winton Woods school district, that number is sure to go down with WW winning the title and WW former coach at Princeton.
Solid point, but La Salle cobbled together a couple of good classes after the 2019 title, most notably the current freshman class. So you may be right for next year, but the Lancers aren't going anywhere.

Solid point, but La Salle cobbled together a couple of good classes after the 2019 title, most notably the current freshman class. So you may be right for next year, but the Lancers aren't going anywhere.
The freshman QB looked solid, I have to agree LaSalle finds away to put a quality product on the field.

The freshman QB looked solid, I have to agree LaSalle finds away to put a quality product on the field.
Did you happen to see the freshmen play? I'd be curious which QB you were most impressed with. The kid that wound up playing LB on varsity played a lot of QB along with Pat's son from what I heard.

Definitely not Walsh....lost a lot...I don't know much about Barberton
Really? I thought Walsh had a good amount of players coming back, though i'm aware many key players are gone. I was going to say that not necessarily this season (i have no idea), but i would put Walsh in the R5 discussion from this point going forward with coach Alexander and the new facilities really providing a boost.

Who wins D2 R7 ... Big Walnut still going to roll? I hear they have a lot of kids coming up in the program? Obviously Massillon Washington is always up there. Any hope that the new HC at Olentangy will put the Braves back on top?
Massillon is the team to beat in R7, their QB will only be a sophomore and is already very good, and they've got one of the top RBs in the state coming back. I don't know much about Big Walnut, but they seemed to benefit from an easy schedule, had a chance to make a statement against Massillon and got a running clock put on them. Look out for Wooster, who has a talented QB and some big dudes on the lines, to make some noise. Uniontown Lake should take a step forward also, could win a playoff game or two.

They also lost their top players on both sides of the ball.....big WR, a couple of OL, both LBs and best DB
They retain their QB and RB who both had great second halves of the season, 3/5 of a young OL, 2/4 of a young DL, 1/3 of a very good LB crew. Their biggest losses will definitely be at secondary and wide receiver, though they probably have one of the better DBs in the (Toledo) area in Awls who is currently a 3 star prospect and is racking up a lot of offers from G5 D1 schools. With the “twin tower” combo of the Lee twins gone however, I could see them move back again into a run heavy/chunk pass team next fall.

IMO, a playoff run is possible but I wouldn’t expect anything too deep. I’d sure love to be proven wrong though, lol.

They retain their QB and RB who both had great second halves of the season, 3/5 of a young OL, 2/4 of a young DL, 1/3 of a very good LB crew. Their biggest losses will definitely be at secondary and wide receiver, though they probably have one of the better DBs in the (Toledo) area in Awls who is currently a 3 star prospect and is racking up a lot of offers from G5 D1 schools. With the “twin tower” combo of the Lee twins gone however, I could see them move back again into a run heavy/chunk pass team next fall.

IMO, a playoff run is possible but I wouldn’t expect anything too deep. I’d sure love to be proven wrong though, lol.
I see TCC and Avon meeting up again in the R6 final.

Could it have been a stud running back decided to enroll at WW given recent success? Just checking
WW has always been successful, they just had the misfortune of not being in a conference and playing a mercenary schedule. I'm sure WW recent title and his coach leaving didn't hurt his decision.

Winton Woods Warriors gonna bring it as usual.
This years version loses 25ish Seniors but they have plenty of talent and the coaching is top shelf.
Will be plenty of challengers who are capable.
Can’t wait for fall.