D1 Alliance District

I think Walsh could be a dark horse? Ultimately I think it comes down to the Green/McK game. That should be a good one again.

That's because how they do the seedings and districts now are so different then in the past and people don't like different.

I think it will come down to Green and Walsh.
McKinley is playing well right now and could challenge Green on the top side.

Walsh hasn’t played well the past few games and has had trouble with athletic pressing teams.
They match up well with Lake. Stow gave the Warriors a close game earlier in the year. I heard they were missing some starters from that game.

Warren Harding would definitely be in the running for the district if they had their 2 top players. Dom Foster leaving to go to Syracuse early to play football hurt

That's a killer. Don't get me started on how wrong I think this is.
Honestly though, I do understand, because football is his future, so some kids like to leave high school early, if they have all their credits. By enrolling early it probably gives a better chance of playing time as a freshmen

I don't disagree but decisions like this aren't made overnight so don't play basketball if you know your not going to finish the season. There's other people like teammates and coaches who lose out but you know what maybe they all knew and were ok with it.

I don't disagree but decisions like this aren't made overnight so don't play basketball if you know your not going to finish the season. There's other people like teammates and coaches who lose out but you know what maybe they all knew and were ok with it.
Yes, I believe most people already knew he was leaving after New Year's for Syracuse. So I'm not 100% sure, but I bet it was that coaches, and everyone involved just let him play the December games.

Everybody knew Dom was leaving early.

ROUND 1- TUESDAY 2/22
Riverside 38 @ Nordonia 59

WEDNESDAY 2/23
Ellet 59 @ Kent Roosevelt 78
Harvey 16 @ McKinley 50
Kenmore-Garfield @ Stow
GlenOak 50 @ Warren G Harding 56

I've got Ellet, McKinley, Nordonia, Stow and GlenOak

Last edited:
I think Walsh could be a dark horse? Ultimately I think it comes down to the Green/McK game. That should be a good one again.
I dont see Walsh being a dark horse. I actually think it'll be Green vs Walsh in the final. McKinley is the one to watch out for. They played Green tough twice.

Sectional Finals

Kent Roosevelt at Green
Nordonia at McKinley
Stow at Walsh Jesuit
Warren Harding at Lake

WGH-Lake is probably the most interesting of these games. Gotta think the home teams will go 4-0.

Without seeing any film/footage of Lake, I'm gonna safely assume that they'll rely on constant ball movement, smart shots, and "stall ball," especially if they build a decent lead. Harding has to jump on them early. Glenoak got a rude awakening due to personnel issues from last week to this week, but Lake brings a fresh challenge and are always well coached. Should be fun.

Without seeing any film/footage of Lake, I'm gonna safely assume that they'll rely on constant ball movement, smart shots, and "stall ball," especially if they build a decent lead. Harding has to jump on them early. Glenoak got a rude awakening due to personnel issues from last week to this week, but Lake brings a fresh challenge and are always well coached. Should be fun.
They shoot fairly well but can experience cold spells against athletic defense. They have no problem keeping a game in the 40s if needed. Overall a solid team, and a program who always flips a switch come tourney time.