CVCA leaving PAC

If I was in charge of replacing CVCA in the PAC, here is my agenda...

1. Invite Canton Central Catholic. Replacing one private school with another may not sit well with some members of the league, but CVCA was the largest school in the league and CCC would be the smallest. Great location, great competition, and the best overall fit. If CCC says no...

2. Invite Mogadore. Location is not ideal but also not a deal breaker. Would be the smallest school in the league but would also be very competitive. If Mogadore says no...

3. Try to offer football only memberships to CCC and Mogadore and see if either would accept. If not, start accepting applications from other schools interested in full membership.

With the current status of the football program and the issues with the EBC, I could picture Minerva doing a lot of campaigning to get into the PAC and hitting the reset button on their entire outlook for their athletics.
Question is, would this push Salem to campaign to get into the NE8?
If Minerva does indeed pursue the pac I would imagine Salem/WB would look to the NE8.

from my understanding, all EBC schools have a paired partner and are already one foot out the door. It’s only a matter of time unless they find someone to join the league

Would West Holmes join the PAC?
I wondered this too, but it's not likely. Their "connections" would be Orrville & Triway and don't know that either would go out of their way to bring the Knights over.

Also, they dropped to D4 this year, but historically would be the largest school in the league.

I wondered this too, but it's not likely. Their "connections" would be Orrville & Triway and don't know that either would go out of their way to bring the Knights over.

Also, they dropped to D4 this year, but historically would be the largest school in the league.
I may be wrong, but I think West Holmes has history of games with Orrville, Triway, Manchester and Tuslaw in sports.

I may be wrong, but I think West Holmes has history of games with Orrville, Triway, Manchester and Tuslaw in sports.
You are correct. Pretty sure West Holmes & Orrville were in a league together back in 80s. But there's a difference between living close to someone and being friends. Not saying it wouldn't be a good fit (actually makes a LOT of sense).

I'm just going to stand on the table and do my very best to speak this into existence! COVENTRY BACK TO THE PAC! Makes the most sense. Travel not awful for Triway, not a powerhouse school that is immediately going to dominate the league OR be the whooping child for the league either (except girls bball).....Location, size, competitiveness.....checks all the boxes. Not to mention, long history in the PAC as one of the founding member schools. Lets do this people! COVENTRY BACK TO THE PAC!!!!!!

I think Minerva moving to the PAC could be a real possibility. If that were the case, the EBC is done. Alliance, Marlington, and Carrollton will not have a lot of options. The best option for them would be to tier the Pac.

tier 1
Alliance
Marlington
Northwest
Canton South
Carrollton
Louisville

They could call this the NBC Lol!

tier 2
Minerva
Manchester
Orville
Triway
Fairless
Tuslaw

teams that could also join somewhere- Central- tier 1 and Sandy Valley tier 2.

Tiered leagues sometimes can be a mess. Biggest thing, is don’t make these teams play crossover games in football. They can if they want. But not forced.

I think Minerva moving to the PAC could be a real possibility. If that were the case, the EBC is done. Alliance, Marlington, and Carrollton will not have a lot of options. The best option for them would be to tier the Pac.

tier 1
Alliance
Marlington
Northwest
Canton South
Carrollton
Louisville

They could call this the NBC Lol!

tier 2
Minerva
Manchester
Orville
Triway
Fairless
Tuslaw

teams that could also join somewhere- Central- tier 1 and Sandy Valley tier 2.

Tiered leagues sometimes can be a mess. Biggest thing, is don’t make these teams play crossover games in football. They can if they want. But not forced.
Northwest and Canton South would absolutely say no to this. Canton South literally JUST left the league with all those schools.

Don't over-complicate it. Louisville back to the EBC, Minerva to the PAC in this scenario. EBC should also call New Philly and ask if they want to rethink the OCC decision.

#BringCoventryBack

With there being a 3 year disengagement, I think the PAC just sits back and lets the dominos fall. Those schools serious about joining will let it be known, or the league could open up applications for those interested and pick who they like from that pool if there are teams that apply.

This is what they have done in the past.
I actually think the opposite. I think this is something that will come together quicker than you think. Outside of taking on an independent like CCC, teams have to provide "x" number of years notice on withdraw from their current leagues just like CVCA is doing. So I would imagine you'll have a replacement decided on for sure this year, maybe even in the next couple months. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't already applications submitted by schools within the next 30 days or so.....

Last edited:
If west Holmes were to join the PAC,then maybe that would open the door in the OCC, for Dover to join,that would get Dover and Philly back in the same league again

With there being a 3 year disengagement, I think the PAC just sits back and lets the dominos fall. Those schools serious about joining will let it be known, or the league could open up applications for those interested and pick who they like from that pool if there are teams that apply.

This is what they have done in the past.
For example....in early February 2015, IV and TV announced plans to leave the PAC. On February 18, 2015 - 4 schools applied (Northwest, Orrville, Canton South, Loudonville)

March 4, 2015 - Northwest and Orrville were invited to join the league.
April 18. 2015 - Loudonville was invited to join the league for Football Only

Only took 2 months last time to add 3 schools.

Northwest and Canton South would absolutely say no to this. Canton South literally JUST left the league with all those schools.

Don't over-complicate it. Louisville back to the EBC, Minerva to the PAC in this scenario. EBC should also call New Philly and ask if they want to rethink the OCC decision.

#BringCoventryBack
Unfortunately I know you are right. Specially now that they are the big dogs in a league. Mark my words, that the smaller PAC schools are going to get upset real fast with the likes of Northwest and South.

Unfortunately I know you are right. Specially now that they are the big dogs in a league. Mark my words, that the smaller PAC schools are going to get upset real fast with the likes of Northwest and South.
I don't disagree, especially based on history - but the school that would normally be first to complain doesn't carry the same clout right now that they've always had, new leadership figures there as well.

Honestly when you look at the landscape of the schools....Orrville is the smallest school in the league (last i looked), I don't see them saying anything about NW or South afterall, they left the OCC to come to the PAC....Chesterville is getting a new school and probably eyeballing some growth in numbers.....Tuslaw doesn't carry much weight and would leave for WCAL in 2 seconds if offered.....Don't really see Fairless making too much noise about NW or South....Same goes for Triway, I think they're happy getting to play good competition.

People have said this for years and Northwest has been an upper tier team but hardly dominant. Orville was supposed to be unbeatable as well and other than the 2 years with the Wooster transfers they have been middle to bottom of the PAC.

People have said this for years and Northwest has been an upper tier team but hardly dominant. Orville was supposed to be unbeatable as well and other than the 2 years with the Wooster transfers they have been middle to bottom of the PAC.
The Northwest thing is what it is. I’m more so thinking South. Adding South to the league “could” be a nightmare for some of the other teams in the league

I don't disagree, especially based on history - but the school that would normally be first to complain doesn't carry the same clout right now that they've always had, new leadership figures there as well.

Honestly when you look at the landscape of the schools....Orrville is the smallest school in the league (last i looked), I don't see them saying anything about NW or South afterall, they left the OCC to come to the PAC....Chesterville is getting a new school and probably eyeballing some growth in numbers.....Tuslaw doesn't carry much weight and would leave for WCAL in 2 seconds if offered.....Don't really see Fairless making too much noise about NW or South....Same goes for Triway, I think they're happy getting to play good competition.
PAC has definitely changed & is still changing. I like your comment about the "clout" being different. that's one of those "if you know you know" things.

Basically CVCA outgrew the PAC and, to their credit, probably made the right call on their time before others tried to push the agenda.

Last year only Manchester, Orrville & Tuslaw were D5. Manchester is not likely to lose any enrollment with the new school, but really don't see any of them growing. If anything Orrville may continue to shrink.

Would be easy to see Fairless & Triway go back up to D4 and stay there with their new facilities. Fairless draws from a large area and Triway is likely to continue to benefit from Wooster folks avoiding the "wokeness" of living in town.

Going to be very interesting to see 1) who applies and 2) what the current PAC administrators value

D3: CVCA. leaving
D4:
- Northwest. '20 champs
- Canton South. '22 favorite
D5:
- Fairless. '21 co champ, dropped from D4, new facility/school plans
- Orrville. '18/19 champ
- Manchester, '17 champ, new facility/school plans
- Triway, '21 co champ, dropped from D4, new facility/school plans
D6:
- Tuslaw, the little engine that could of the PAC

Glad to see that CVCA finally embraced its natural advantage. Their decision to leave was the only option. My sources are pretty good. I am not hearing much about where the PAC goes next but CVCA got the message about where they fit in to those plans.

West Holmes to PAC
Dover to OCC
First thought was "no way" and then realized my brain is still trained to when OCC folks were whining about trips to Millersburg & Orrville and Koach France in Manchester spent a LONG time fighting Northwest or Orrville getting in the PAC.

And neither of those are true anymore. Not that it's likely. . . but it is possible.

Side note - If West Holmes did leave I could see OCC kicking NP out and heading west to fill in the holes.

Good to CVCA leaning into who they are and what advantages they have. Still waiting to see them fully do it for Football but gettting out of the PAC will be the first step in doing so.

The Northwest thing is what it is. I’m more so thinking South. Adding South to the league “could” be a nightmare for some of the other teams in the league
I think south joining the pac will be immediate success for a couple years. I’m picking them to win it this year. But the Cupboard will dry out soon enough.

It is worth mentioning this. From 1990-2017 as a member of the NBC, and 2018-2021 as a member of the EBC. Canton South NEVER once won a league title. Lot of good teams, never champions

First thought was "no way" and then realized my brain is still trained to when OCC folks were whining about trips to Millersburg & Orrville and Koach France in Manchester spent a LONG time fighting Northwest or Orrville getting in the PAC.

And neither of those are true anymore. Not that it's likely. . . but it is possible.

Side note - If West Holmes did leave I could see OCC kicking NP out and heading west to fill in the holes.
The current OCC Comish lives in Orrville and is from the Dover/New Philly area. He was and is a driving force to add NP and Dover to the OCC. Wooster and Ashland were on his side for this action. Now that Ashland will supposedly have new leadership, this feeling may change. W Holmes liked the short drive. Madison and Mansfield were okay with it because they feared being left out and not having a place. Lexington and Mt Vernon wanted a league of 8 but felt the OCC could do better.

Last edited: