Cross County Conference 2020-2021

Odd as it sounds even when I asked school officials about the standings they were not sure.
Obviously Tri Village won the conference.

Second place was either Arcanum or Miami East. Arcanum did not play all of their games but had fewer losses.
After those two not sure who was next.

Maxpreps probably has it as close as anyone.

Then I have no idea what occured after that,, truly a strange year.
I did find the below standings, you can stroll down to the CCC and see the standings listed there. I believe it's accurate but I'm not 100% sure. It lists Arcanum and Miami East as both 10-2 in the conference this year.

Standings – Miami Valley Hoop Vault (mvhoopvault.com)

Any news on open coaching positions in the conference? I have seen that both National Trail and Tri County North are both open. Not sure if there are any more...

Any news on open coaching positions in the conference? I have seen that both National Trail and Tri County North are both open. Not sure if there are any more...
Did the NT coach quit because his son is gone or did he take a different job. I’ve heard North will have some ruff year’s ahead I know the JV team was not any good and heard the middle school team’s weren’t much to talk about either hopefully someone takes the job and adds a little life into the program.

Did the NT coach quit because his son is gone or did he take a different job. I’ve heard North will have some ruff year’s ahead I know the JV team was not any good and heard the middle school team’s weren’t much to talk about either hopefully someone takes the job and adds a little life into the program.
I'm not sure if he took another job or not, but I'd guess he's done at NT mostly because his son is done. I'm not sure what kind of interest there will be for either one of those jobs. The Eaton position is also open, so 3 of the 5 Preble County schools are currently looking for a head coach, that could thin the options some.

Wow didn’t know Eaton was open also, if I was a coach the only job out of those 3 I would take would be NT, as far as Eaton goes I’d stay as far away from that job as I could they seem happy with just saying they play basketball so moms can make T shirts and make Facebook post.

Wow didn’t know Eaton was open also, if I was a coach the only job out of those 3 I would take would be NT, as far as Eaton goes I’d stay as far away from that job as I could they seem happy with just saying they play basketball so moms can make T shirts and make Facebook post.
Saw Eaton a time or two this year. They have talent, they had zero structure. Is the problem the kids or the coaching staff? The right coach could have them at 7-8 wins in a year or two and with good scheduling be at 10-12 soon after.

I would agree right now they lack an offensive system and do not play as a unit.

Saw Eaton a time or two this year. They have talent, they had zero structure. Is the problem the kids or the coaching staff? The right coach could have them at 7-8 wins in a year or two and with good scheduling be at 10-12 soon after.

I would agree right now they lack an offensive system and do not play as a unit.
Eaton is headed in the right direction just in terms of the talent they have coming up. If someone knows that, that could cause them to prefer Eaton over National Trail or TCN. I really don't know what those schools have in terms of the future. Regardless, all of those schools would be a bit of a challenge. Augsperger is now the AD at TCN, maybe he can help bring in someone that can get things turned around for the TCN basketball program.

TCN hired a new coach, is there going to be a new WOAC hoops thread? Does anyone see some kids stepping up to first team?
returning first team
Sarver TV sr
Scantland TV sr
Goubeaux arc sr
Davidson Bra jr
plus shroud PS so
And the rest of TV team but didn’t know if anyone seen some other kids taking a step this year

the NT coach quit to go watch his son play at Wittenberg

TCN hired a new coach, is there going to be a new WOAC hoops thread? Does anyone see some kids stepping up to first team?
returning first team
Sarver TV sr
Scantland TV sr
Goubeaux arc sr
Davidson Bra jr
plus shroud PS so
And the rest of TV team but didn’t know if anyone seen some other kids taking a step this year
In terms of WOAC, I'd also say the Butt kid from Dixie. He will be one of the better players in the league next year.

I also saw the Bethel head coach took the Piqua job, so their position will be open as well. That's another CCC team looking for a coach. I have not heard who the new TCN coach is, but it sounds like National Trail and Bethel will also be in the market as well.

In terms of WOAC, I'd also say the Butt kid from Dixie. He will be one of the better players in the league next year.

I also saw the Bethel head coach took the Piqua job, so their position will be open as well. That's another CCC team looking for a coach. I have not heard who the new TCN coach is, but it sounds like National Trail and Bethel will also be in the market as well.
TCN new coach is Mitch McCurdy read recently a asst at bellbrook and a head coach at Catholic Central

N

Newton has a few kids who may push for first team in Peters and Oburn Peters a good guard Oburn bigger athletic junior who can do it all. Also heard Bradford has a good freshman guard coming up.

Since it’s now official Preble Shawnee is now in search of a new Head basketball coach, should be a really good job lots of talent coming and lots talent already in place.

What are the chances Shrout stays all 4 years? The JH group is that good?
High school basketball isn’t a big measuring stick as far as getting into a college anymore he plays a high level of AAU which is where all that happens and his brother will be in 8th grade this year so I don’t really see him leaving he already open enrolls at Shawnee.

What are the chances Shrout stays all 4 years? The JH group is that good?
I was really surprised to hear the news about Shawnee. I think the chances are pretty good that Shrout stays at Shawnee for 4 years. With Shrout and a couple other kids in his class alone, Shawnee will have a lot of size and will win a lot of games in the next 3 years. The only reason I thought he might leave is if the levy failed, but Shawnee recently passed that.