Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t even waste my time reading all of that let alone putting a reply to all that nonsense. One word fits you and your ilk perfectly: brainwashed
Sure you didn’t because the facts in this case are inconvenient for you, Tony Fauci, Joe Biden and the rest of the liberal mandate crazed left. Sorry.
People of my ilk are simply well informed, not brainwashed. We rely on facts and not liberal media rhetoric. It takes no original thought to continually bash #45. You really have brought nothing original or enlightening to this thread so stay home and keep watch Don Lemon, Brian Steltzer, Morning Joe, Joy Reed, and Chris Cuomo.

Last edited:
And for some, that is their choice. There are those, knowing the risks of smoking and drinking yet, daily or several times a day, they choose to make that choice to hurt their body. For some, they may never have a health related issue. But for some, they will. As a society we have chosen to let those people make that choice everyday. And I understand that their choice technically can't affect me in any way. But thousands will die this year due to related complications of tobacco and alcohol. Why don't some care about those lives and want to stop those deaths?

We do alot to treat and/or prevent alcohol and tobacco use. But you are right people can drink and that is their choice. But they can't get behind the wheel because that affects others. (Ditto smoking/non-smoking).

We do alot to treat and/or prevent alcohol and tobacco use. But you are right people can drink and that is their choice. But they can't get behind the wheel because that affects others. (Ditto smoking/non-smoking).
We could do more. We could remove alcohol sales and tobacco. We choose not too. It's not a divisive political narrative yet.

Says the guy who posts juvenile internet memes all day. Where do you get your expertise, from a secret lair in mom's basement?
...and there it is! The "your mom's basement" blast. Ya, these guys are definitely scared-to-death old-timers. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sure you didn’t because the facts in this case are inconvenient for you, Tony Fauci, Joe Biden and the rest of the liberal mandate crazed left. Sorry.
People of my ilk are simply well informed, not brainwashed. We rely on facts and not liberal media rhetoric. It takes no original thought to continually bash #45. You really have brought nothing original or enlightening to this thread so stay home and keep watch Don Lemon, Brian Steltzer, Morning Joe, Joy Reed, and Chris Cuomo.
out of genuine curiosity, where do you get your facts or information?

but from where, I am genuinely curious.
Facts? No such thing. Only percentages. For every liberal point of view, I can find an opposite conservative one. My main concern is that people don’t question the overextension of government reach. I just saw a documentary about a lady who eats foam mattress pieces. Wisdom would tell us that shes probably harming herself. Is it the governments job to prevent her from doing it or warning her not to?

Some perspective please: daily new cases and daily deaths in the USA.

1627682314008.png

1627682274098.png

Typically, as virus mutate they become more infectious (more cases) and much less deadly (fewer deaths). This happens even in the absence of vaccination. Combine vaccination with naturally derived immunity and the current spike is nowhere near as dangerous as the one that happened last fall/winter. And since we got through last season all right we should have no problem getting through this one - even at full attendance.

Legitimate publications like JAMA, and the NY POST (the country's 4th largest publication)
JAMA is good peer-reviewed research and findings, NYPost is the conservative-leaning brother of the NY Times. So someone who may read the NY Times may hold the same view of your media consumption as you hold of theirs. Its all relative.

Honestly, I think that the truth is somewhere in-between places like the Post and Times of New York.

Also, I will tell you what I typically read since I feel like I should since I asked you. The Economist, Foreign Policy, The NY Post, and the NYT.

no 24 hours news for me though, that is just pure entertainment that people take as gospel, gotta keep people watching to generate that revenue.

Facts? No such thing. Only percentages. For every liberal point of view, I can find an opposite conservative one. My main concern is that people don’t question the overextension of government reach. I just saw a documentary about a lady who eats foam mattress pieces. Wisdom would tell us that shes probably harming herself. Is it the governments job to prevent her from doing it or warning her not to?
that is not the same as dealing with a virus like covid, HIV, the flu, etc.

What in your opinion is the role of the government?

High school football in Ohio will either be cancelled before the end of the season or return to last years Covid attendance restrictions. It’s coming, as much as I hate thinking about it.

Ohio State Football will be next!

High school football in Ohio will either be cancelled before the end of the season or return to last years Covid attendance restrictions. It’s coming, as much as I hate thinking about it.

I disagree. The reason being... Politicians will make that choice... And it's not a winning political move... Especially in Ohio

Ohio State almost left the Big Ten over covid last year. All hell will break loose if that happens again. Especially now since we do have vaccines and other mitigation factors.

If it is to protect its citizens then it is doing a damn poor job in Texas and Arizona on the border. Ultimately each person is responsible for his or her health decisions, not the government.
I just read an article in Politico about this. The people being detained... the majority are repeat offenders or essentially the number of arrests are high because of recidivism. It also stated that the border policy has changed very little under the Biden administration, but more people have migrated to the border because the belief that his election would ease the policies put in place by the Trump administration.

The real answer lies in trying to mitigate the reason so many people from central America are walking from Honduras (example) all the way to the Rio Grande to try and get into the US. Its just not a sexy political move to get people out to the polls on election day.

I am no Biden lover by any means either. I believe both parties are all about just doing whatever it takes to get elected, not actually trying to solve problems which is part of the role of government. To boot, they never think long term either, which sets up even more problems, and this has been going on since the adoption of the Constitution. IMO.

Sorry, for the length, I am going back to talking sports now. However, I have appreciated the respectful dialogue. Its refreshing.

I am excited for the season to start this week officially and have stadiums full of parents and fans again! Its going to be cathartic for everyone! Nothing rallies a community like a football friday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.