Copley High School removes Mark Dente as boys, girls basketball coach

I've been involved in a few lawsuits involving Ponzi schemes. They generally fall into 3 categories: (1) a fraudulent scheme from the outset; (2) an honest scheme that morphs into a Ponzi scheme; and (3) an honest scheme that falls terribly apart, but the operator does not take advantage of the investors. Whether it is (1) or (2) is pretty irrelevant because it began as, or turned into, active fraud which should land the operators in jail. If it's (3), there are still civil, although likely not criminal, penalties. From the little I know of this situation, this falls into either (1) or (2). The fact that Dente continued siphoning off money and continued to seek other unwitting investors, it's hard for me to believe that "things just got away from him". As far as the wife and kid are concerned, they were brought into the civil cases as much so the courts can control the assets and avoid the dissipation of whatever assets may be out there. It'll be up to the Prosecutor to figure out where the criminal culpability rests. As far as the civil cases, the plaintiffs are just praying they can recoup some (ANY?) of their money. Typically, in these cases, the courts will only be able to get a hold of a fraction of the funds. It reminds me of the old adage: "If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is!". Or, as PT Barnum put it, "There's a sucker born every minute".

This is all an assumption. I’d like to see the facts proven. I wouldn’t cooperate either with a false statement. Just looked up the part about his son, some of the homes listed looked like he was just the Listing agent or selling agent on? How can that be against an order about buying or selling real estate? The kid wasn’t even named in the states accusation
All of the lawsuits filed by investors saying they are out of money that’s not an assumption. Read the beacon articles

Even if Dente didn't spend much of the money that people invested in him, he's going to have a problem with the investment interest he promised to pay out. One of the latest lawsuits is suing for the $44 million invested PLUS $12 million in interest. Not many people have that much money lying around to pay back. If he's unable to pay it back, he's likely going to jail.

This is all an assumption. I’d like to see the facts proven. I wouldn’t cooperate either with a false statement. Just looked up the part about his son, some of the homes listed looked like he was just the Listing agent or selling agent on? How can that be against an order about buying or selling real estate? The kid wasn’t even named in the states accusation
If it’s all an assumption why does the son have a lawyer.

If it’s all an assumption why does the son have a lawyer.
So, only guilty people hire lawyers!?! He has a lawyer because he is involved in lawsuits totaling over $100M and has government agencies contemplating criminal charges against him. Whether he is guilty of not, he would be a fool not to have legal representation looking out for his interests at this point.

I'm curious as to how both Copley's boys and girls teams are doing so far this season. Does anybody have access or knowledge of their W-L records ?

And naturally I am also curious if there have been any further legal actions brought against Mr. Dente, and/or the status of any previous actions that were filed.

A couple of you seemed to be in the know when this thread first started last spring and continued through the summer of 2022.

Any updates ?

Interestingly, Wally Senk, one of the first people that sued Mark Dente, coached the Copley girls soccer team to the D2 State Championship. This was Copley's 3rd OHSAA team title. He was also named D2 Coach of the Year.