copley freshmen

They lost 7-0 to Jackson in Week 1 and lost (if I remember correctly) 16-6 to Hudson last week.

I will say I saw a great improvement between the two games. The team was much more organized and despite the score, played better. The defense has actually played pretty well, stuffing most runs. But they have a hard time defending the pass, which wasn't a problem with Jackson's inconsistent passing, but Hudson had a good quarterback and they basically thew at will.

The offense is still developing. The offensive line was leaps and bounds better against Hudson than Jackson, making some holes in the running game and giving the quarterback some time when passing (let's just say I was embarrassed for them against Jackson). They had a big play or two, but overall had trouble moving the ball. Right now the passing game is just about non-existent, and I hope it comes around.

Overall they are playing hard and I expect them to get better week-by-week.

If you're wondering about varsity prospects, the quarterback (don't know his number off the top of my head) will have a chance to be a good athletic QB. And the running back (again, don't know his number) will probably play on varsity next year, and might start his Junior year. I have been impressed by him. On the defensive side, #20 on the line gets into the backfield every play. He makes almost literally every run to the left a loss and has gotten to the quarterback.

Tomorrow the team is at Revere. I can let you know how the games goes, if you would like.