Continued progress Hall of Fame Village

Hopefully. Best HS venue in the state.
938AFC37-6F04-4433-B975-4CC8CE7221D8.jpeg
Does anyone in canton know that ? I’d figure if they have the best venue they would show up to support the hometown team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't know why Massillon fans keep feeling the need to punch down. Yes, Massillon - better and more fans. Yes, Massillon - better football team. Yes, no state championship in half a century, but who cares? You've finally got Valdosta on the schedule and clearly Canton has given up on being relevant in the rivalry. Enjoy your stadium, season, and the museum piece that is week 10. You win.

I believe he is referring to Massillon vs Big Red games back in the AAC days.
I was actually trying to say that all the AAC league games produced large crowds. The 1967 Steub at McKinley game looked to me like standing room only. The largest crowd ever at Harding stadium was a 0-0 tie with Massillon. 13,000 in a 10,500 seat stadium. I also remember giant crowds at both Niles and WGH that drew close to 15,000. My point is that those AAC games stood pretty much alone when it came to crowd sizes.

Let's get back on topic and ignore the trolls.
Anyone been to Shula's yet?
I've been to one in Cleveland back in the day but haven't been to the Canton spot yet.

Whenever I see a map of the Hall of Fame Village, I see a stadium there. Must just be my computer.

Let's get back on topic and ignore the trolls.
Anyone been to Shula's yet?
I've been to one in Cleveland back in the day but haven't been to the Canton spot yet.

Whenever I see a map of the Hall of Fame Village, I see a stadium there. Must just be my computer.
Been to the one off of Rockside Rd up in Cleveland several times when it first opened. Will definitely visit the one in Canton.
I must have the same issue, I see a stadium also.

So I'm assuming the restaurant is a spin-off of some type from Shula's Steak House which real prominent in different locations down here? Good to hear. Keep progressing.

So I'm assuming the restaurant is a spin-off of some type from Shula's Steak House which real prominent in different locations down here? Good to hear. Keep progressing.
Correct. This location is called a Shula's American Kitchen, as opposed to their other sites which are Shula's Steak House, Shula's Bar & Grill, Prime, 347 Grille, and Shula Burger.

Yes. Slightly smaller venues and menus (hey that rhymed :giggle: ) than the first ones.

They were going to name it "The place that will never be built" but then they built it. Then they switched to "The place that will never open" but then they opened. They were down to "We are jealous and hope it fails" and Shula's American kitchen so they went with the latter since all the other names were inaccurate.

Yes. Slightly smaller venues and menus (hey that rhymed :giggle: ) than the first ones.

They were going to name it "The place that will never be built" but then they built it. Then they switched to "The place that will never open" but then they opened. They were down to "We are jealous and hope it fails" and Shula's American kitchen so they went with the latter since all the other names were inaccurate.
🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

19 Million loss for the qtr

47 Million loss for the year

Stock is sitting at .40 a share once you factor in the 22 for 1 reverse split.

The stadium seats aren’t red but the balance sheet sure is.
So they should be reporting profits while they are still in the construction phase? Obviously costs are going to exceed revenue during construction. If construction is completed and losses are still being reported 1-5 years later that is concerning, but not at this point in time.

So they should be reporting profits while they are still in the construction phase? Obviously costs are going to exceed revenue during construction. If construction is completed and losses are still being reported 1-5 years later that is concerning, but not at this point in time.
Most people understand this.

You're kidding, right? And I'm not one of the doom and gloomers hoping for failure as you've read on here before.
I don’t think he is kidding or he would not have asked the question. Please explain why it would be alarming for expenditures to exceed revenues while you are in the middle of construction? I’m not being contrite I would like your take on this.

Thanks for stating what should be obvious. Some are inherently negative, some jealous and some just ignorant. All Ive ever said was that I hope it succeeds and how great it will be for the region. Some just can't/won't get on board.

USFL games start up in just over 3 weeks on April 23 at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium.
New Jersey General play the Pittsburgh Maulers at 1pm.
Michigan Panthers play the Philadelphia Stars at 7pm.

Tickets are available at the Hall of Fame Village website.

Last edited:
One issue would be, they are going to have so much debt, that the debt service alone (interest payments) will be problematic. Plus the current environment of rising interest rates certainly will not help.

One issue would be, they are going to have so much debt, that the debt service alone (interest payments) will be problematic. Plus the current environment of rising interest rates certainly will not help.
Take your logic elsewhere. This thread is for blindly accepting that the HOF village will be generating billions for Canton.
Heck, we could be looking at a Dubai-like situation.