Congrats to REVERE (Boys BK)

bigbfan

Congratulations to Revere on beating Wadsworth 51 to 49 in OT. Despite not winning a game before tonight, and losing many close games this year, you kept working hard and it paid off tonight. Big road win for REVERE!!!

wow

WOW! Wadsworth is reeling. What was the game plan? From what I saw they played right into Revere's hands. Just some questions:
-What is the offense trying to accomplish other than 1 on 1 basketball?
-Why wouldn't Wadsworth play any zone against a poor perimeter shooting team?
- Have you ever seen a team that gets beat off the dribble more?
- Does anyone understand the substitution philosophy?
- Does Coach Cal have confidence in anyone other than Lawson, Smith or Goddard? I would say Barlow, but deep down Cal has to have issues with his ongoing struggles.
-If the GRIZ didn't upset Barberton, what quality win would they have?
-What is White's role?
-vs Revere with a 10 point lead, why stop the full court pressure?
- The BIGGEST question of all is... can CAL coach boys?

The Grizzlies will be fine and yes Cal can coach.

He has had part of a season with a team not expected to accomplish much and they have played well many times. When you are lacking in talent and lose your best player( at least scoring wise) you will struggle. Certainly the coaching, among other things, can improve but Cal will turn it around and show he can coach well on the boys side of things. Revere also played well so give them some credit for the effort they gave.

Lawson did not dress, could be out for at least another week, not sure why, how long do sprains take to heal?
Bigbfan why are you posting for Revere, you used to post for Wadsworth, did you transfer or something?

Just an observation

Lawson did not dress, could be out for at least another week, not sure why, how long do sprains take to heal?
Bigbfan why are you posting for Revere, you used to post for Wadsworth, did you transfer or something?

This is not a post for any school. When the smallest school in the SL , without a win going in , plays on the road against the biggest school in the SL and gets its first win, it should be recognized. As previously stated, congrats are in order for the Revere players and their much maligned coach. Keeping your team focused under those circumstances is not an easy task. No hidden meaning , just an observation.

Actually I think it is Wadsworth. Can't say for sure I don't have the #'s but I have always heard (unconfirmed of course) that they have more students than Green.

Last edited:
Not so sure Wadsworth is the biggest in SL, what about Green?

Here are the most recent numbers from the Ohio Dept of Education ('05-'06):
Code:
		9th	10th	11th	12th	Ung	Total
Wadsworth	392	365	423	429	6	1,615 
Green		403	364	292	332	6	1,397

WOW! Wadsworth is reeling. What was the game plan? From what I saw they played right into Revere's hands. Just some questions:
-What is the offense trying to accomplish other than 1 on 1 basketball?
-Why wouldn't Wadsworth play any zone against a poor perimeter shooting team?
- Have you ever seen a team that gets beat off the dribble more?
- Does anyone understand the substitution philosophy?
- Does Coach Cal have confidence in anyone other than Lawson, Smith or Goddard? I would say Barlow, but deep down Cal has to have issues with his ongoing struggles.
-If the GRIZ didn't upset Barberton, what quality win would they have?
-What is White's role?
-vs Revere with a 10 point lead, why stop the full court pressure?
- The BIGGEST question of all is... can CAL coach boys?

Excellent questions. :thumb:

I dont know what you guys are talking about he does a great job of using his bench. And when they lose I understand only half the starters have to run the suicides. :shrug: