Concessions that stray from the norm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear they are a big hit with the ladies tho.
Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Literally St. Marys. I'm not sure what you're not picking up.
Danged Private Catholic schools, along with St Rose, St Sebastian, St Henry , St Anthony, about 20 miles down the road. .........

Last edited:
Sandusky St. Mary’s, St. Vincent-St. Mary’s, and maybe others. My response probably came across as dooshy, but I believe St. Marys Memorial is the only one without an apostrophe.

Ironton has Tacos in a bag , a good hot dog w/homemade sauce, and Giovannis pizza.
There is a shaved ice truck the kids love, too.

Last edited:
Sandusky St. Mary’s, St. Vincent-St. Mary’s, and maybe others. My response probably came across as dooshy, but I believe St. Marys Memorial is the only one without an apostrophe.
No parochial school has an apostrophe's' - that's how people may refer to them or if they are showing possession of something belonging to the school. The schools' names, however, are simply St. Mary, St. Paul, St. Ignatius, St. Xavier, St. Edward, etc.

Ironton has Tacos in a bag , a good hot dog w/homemade sauce, and Giovannis pizza.
There is a shaved ice truck the kids love, too.
i had a hotdog there when I made the short trip down to watch them play Moeller and it was great. And of course Gios is always good but better down on the river then here in Waverly

Minster has to have the WORST popcorn....... i think they make the first batch around 3pm, and put it in garbage bags for the first half

love the Rocket Dog at Anna, and Versailles has a good concession stand......

wish Coldwater would have the K burger for Friday nights........

That's a US post office thing. No punctuation in a city's name for a zip code. Most towns then adopted, officially, the unpunctuated spelling.

Speaking of pizza, do any stadiums serve Jet's Pizza ? I thought I heard some stadiums do. Love the think crust New York style.
Kettering Fairmont has Jet's! I went to a game there this year (somehow my first ever trip to Roush Stadium despite being in the area for so long!), and I was delighted to get a piece of cheese Detroit style!

Side note: I don't eat meat on Friday's (Catholic thing) and it's always nice when there are some good non-meat options (like cheese Detroit style pizza). Though nothing makes me feel like I'm giving something up more than a good burger smell wafting in the stands...

Side note: I don't eat meat on Friday's (Catholic thing) and it's always nice when there are some good non-meat options (like cheese Detroit style pizza). Though nothing makes me feel like I'm giving something up more than a good burger smell wafting in the stands...

It's Saturday somewhere., at least after 7pm.

It's Saturday somewhere., at least after 7pm.
I remember one time when I was a kid I was hanging out with a priest at a church festival (him and my dad drinking beer together - he was a cool guy) and I asked him if I could eat a burger at Friday night games after the sun went down and it still count as Friday fasting, and he said only if it's a Catholic school playing. Legend.

As has been pointed out, there is no school in Ohio that is "literally St. Marys".

There is, however:
St. Marys Memorial (St. Marys, OH)
Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary (Akron, OH)
St. Mary Central Catholic (Sandusky, OH)
and perhaps others

Also of note: none of the schools above utilize an apostrophe in their name.

Yes, everyone but us river rats.
Wait till y'all find out that Coke changed its formula. There will be a revolt
This irritates me far more than it should. Just sell one ticket color.

I swear one game I only saw them selling blue tickets (at the table, in the stands walking around) and they announced a red ticket. I think they just kept everyone's money.
One colored on home. Another in visitor's.
Throw away visitor's.

Status
Not open for further replies.