Concerts. 2021 and beyond.

Another big festival, New Orleans Jazz Fest, announced today:

1673634604289.png

Willie is celebrating his 90th birthday at the Hollywood Bowl and the guest list of performers is insane, too bad the ticket cost is also insane. Also why is this not being held in Austin? My only guess is it needed to be held in a state with legal weed:

1674654441005.png

Madonna has announced a new tour and she has a date scheduled in in CLE on 8/2.

In true Madonna form the way she announced it was one of the wackiest promo vehicles for a tour I have witnessed:

In true Madonna form the way she announced it was one of the wackiest promo vehicles for a tour I have witnessed:
I saw something on Twitter showing how insane these were priced and resale prices are just as wild

I saw something on Twitter showing how insane these were priced and resale prices are just as wild
All these legacy acts are going to stage tours this year and build up their 401Ks before Live Nation is forced to change the business model of selling tickets in this country. (Expect more big names to hit the road in late summer and early fall to try and make some massive $s while the going is good.) Those douchebags from Live Nation were in front of some Senate committee this week and looked clueless as they tried to defend themselves as not a monopoly, yeah right. My guess is they change the new dynamic model a bit so they are not forced to break up their strangle hold on the business of music.

I didn't even realize that was madonna at first. Yikes.

All these legacy acts are going to stage tours this year and build up their 401Ks before Live Nation is forced to change the business model of selling tickets in this country. (Expect more big names to hit the road in late summer and early fall to try and make some massive $s while the going is good.) Those douchebags from Live Nation were in front of some Senate committee this week and looked clueless as they tried to defend themselves as not a monopoly, yeah right. My guess is they change the new dynamic model a bit so they are not forced to break up their strangle hold on the business of music.
Yeah the Taylor Swift debacle could be the straw that broke the camel's back in LN/Ticketmaster's monopoly of the ticket market

Rumor is Beyoncee will be doing more of a sit down multiple date runs in big cities like NYC & LA, you travel to see her. She is also catching a ton of sheet for doing a special gig in Dubai:

While the performance included similar live debuts for songs from that album, Stereogum reported, it did not contain any material from Beyoncé’s highly acclaimed 2022 album Renaissance. That album purported to be a love letter to Black and queer dance music pioneers and communities.

I guess being socially concise ends at paying the bills...

Taylor Swift
Beyonce
Bruce Springsteen
Madonna
Ed Sheeran (though he's struggling to sell tickets)
Stevie Nicks & Billy Joel
Morgan Wallen
Zac Brown Band
P!nk

All are going to be massive. And tickets are insanely priced (except Ed Sheeran's)

So Beyonce announces her world tour and of course she is using the much maligned Ticketmaster verified fans system. Don't let any act fool you, this thing is making them huge $s too. Forbes weighed in on the decision>

By the way no Ohio dates but she will be playing in Detroit, Louisville, & Pittsburgh.

So Beyonce announces her world tour and of course she is using the much maligned Ticketmaster verified fans system. Don't let any act fool you, this thing is making them huge $s too. Forbes weighed in on the decision>

By the way no Ohio dates but she will be playing in Detroit, Louisville, & Pittsburgh.

I hate Verified Fan. I wonder if this will be half the headache Taylor Swift's situation was

The expected U2 shows for the new Sphere venue in Las Vegas was finally confirmed during the Super Bowl.

If you have been to LV the past 3 or so years you have seen this place start to take shape and it is very impressive; it is what the name says a big sphere shaped venue that is supposed to provide the best visual and most importantly sonic experience for live amplified music. Should be one of the coolest things to happen to live music in quite some time. But there is a little controversy to this announcement; the band's founder and drummer, Larry Mullin Jr, needed some surgery this year so he was not going to able to perform this fall. Instead of letting some other act open this thing up they went out and for the 1st ever the band will play a gig without Larry on the drums. The band said he is cool with this but some are saying this might not be the case and when they hit the road in spring of '24 hopefully Mullin will be back behind the kit.

1676302951146.png

Yet another act looks like they will get in a tour before the Government smacks Ticketmaster around a bit:

Last edited:
Yet another act looks like they will get in a tour before the Government smacks Ticketmaster around a bit:

It appears the tour has hit the pause button and the Stones are now looking at Fall dates. Supposedly Ron Wood is having some health issues and yet Keith is fine and ready to rock...

Cleveland's festival, Wonderstruck, announced its line up and it is a big departure to the adult rock bills they have had in the past. I use to like this mid sized festival but the below bill is a hard pass for me.

1676643640892.png