Columbus bidding on state finals

You still butt hurt cupcake because they took the games away from Massillon?
No....just don't like having to go to Ohio's most dangerous city (check the FBI'S website) after dark. I have done it, being so close and all, but let's be honest, there are people coming up to watch the pee wee (d4-d7) championships too. Those people are usually from Mayberry type towns....very gullible, could get themselves hurt.

No....just don't like having to go to Ohio's most dangerous city (check the FBI'S website) after dark. I have done it, being so close and all, but let's be honest, there are people coming up to watch the pee wee (d4-d7) championships too. Those people are usually from Mayberry type towns....very gullible, could get themselves hurt.

Nope. Those people you speak of from the small towns are the ones who all conceal carry. They are the ones in this world who are independent, self thinking and will survive when all the sheeple who live in the suburbs and cities can't. The ones from the small communities are the true fighters and survivalists.

I grew up in Cbus metro and now live in a county with more guns than people. I'll tell you from experience who will be safe and who won't.

For three weeks every fall the American Quarter Horse Congress is at the Ohio State Fairgrounds. Never any problems. The last time there was a problem was about 10 years ago. Some thugs tried to break into a hotel room during the night occupied by some Quarter Horse Congress attendees, I'll give you a guess who got some extra holes in their bodies.

You are fooling yourself if you think violence will not cross a corporation line. Violence, gangs, etc are a spreading cancer and it is a matter of time before it spreads further into Massillon than it already is. Frankly I would like to see the finals rotate thru 3-4 different locations. And this may surprise you even more….I prefered PB Stadium over fawcett, not because of crime, but because I felt it was a better atmosphere. Go figure 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nope. Those people you speak of from the small towns are the ones who all conceal carry. They are the ones in this world who are independent, self thinking and will survive when all the sheeple who live in the suburbs and cities can't. The ones from the small communities are the true fighters and survivalists.
They're the ones getting their cues from tv shows where the bad guys announce themselves, say hand over your stuff, then look away when a rat down the alley knocks over a garbage can. Bad guys in the city don't do that. They shoot you, take you stuff and oh look, a gun. I love this concealed carry, lol

What kind of dumb f thinks just because you live in a city, you can't "survive?" That you're a "sheeple?" lol. Lay off the podcasts friend or your chances of surviving under ANY circumstance will fall to victim level.

They're the ones getting their cues from tv shows where the bad guys announce themselves, say hand over your stuff, then look away when a rat down the alley knocks over a garbage can. Bad guys in the city don't do that. They shoot you, take you stuff and oh look, a gun. I love this concealed carry, lol

What kind of dumb f thinks just because you live in a city, you can't "survive?" That you're a "sheeple?" lol. Lay off the podcasts friend or your chances of surviving under ANY circumstance will fall to victim level.

Hah! Never the victim over here.

@AllSports12: "It costs $19 million to run the OHSAA each year"
@CC Track Fan: "I'm not sure where you're getting the $19 million number from...here's a screenshot of their numbers showing their expenses are $19 million"

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Okay then better question is why do they need $28-30 million (projected 2022 revenue) in revenue when it costs 20 million in expenses?

From the OHSAA's 990 Filings. Every year (save for 2020 due to covid) since 2012 their expenses were north of $19 million.... Hence, their budget.

Michigan's 990's report anyhere from $9.6 million to $11.4 million in expenses dring the same period. One reason for the difference is they have in excess of 100,000 less student athletes to service.
Number of athletes is not a good way to compare because if a school as JV and Freshman teams it adds very little costs to OHSAA. The number of teams is a much better way. I pulled a few sports to get an idea of number of teams.
OH MI
Football 706 587
Volleyball 780 702
G CC 472 634
B CC 563 640
G BB 771 654
M BB 800 715
Hockey 78 131

As you can see there is not that big of difference in teams. So looking at those numbers can you explain by your own numbers why it costs around twice as much for Ohio to run HS sports than Michigan?

I would like to know the answers to these questions so would greatly appreciate someone being able to answer them without just attacking.

Massillon gets rejected and remains butthurt forever. Same with their attempts to join the Fed. Plus the last time they hosted a state final it didn't go too well.

THIS! They wonder why people troll their Massillon threads.

Now wait a minute......So your saying that if you don't try and rip off the dope boys, you'll be just fine attending a football game in Columbus? Get out of here!!! Some of these guys on here have posted what a big ole scary place Columbus is. It's all about geography. Canton is a lovely place, full of lovely people, and lovely things to do, and the locals think it's a big deal and all, however from any point in Ohio you can drive to Columbus in about 2 hours. I can attend an 8PM kickoff and simply drive home after the game, no hotels, no big deal, no problem. Cincinnati to Canton is 230 miles and takes 4 hours. Every state championship in every sport needs to be played in Columbus.....
Columbus is not centrally located, you can drive to Columbus in approximately 2 hours from NW, SW, SE & Central Ohio, however once you start getting to the far North Eastern side of the state where it borders PA it takes over 3 hours to get there with light traffic. For instance Canfield is 3 hr 2 min for the shortest route to Crew Stadium with live traffic right now.

Most importantly it's closer for the vast majority of the state.
Actually this is false, because the state is more densely populated in Northeast Ohio than Southwest Southeast or Northwest Ohio. I know what you are trying to say but on a strictly per captia basis if every Ohio resident is taken into account it would be less overall travel to Canton then it would to Columbus. And this is partially because Columbus isn't in the exact center of the state it is offset to the South and West from the exact center. If Columbus was in the exact center it would be much closer when comparing travel to Canton.

1453BB75-3C6D-4D21-AA60-ED5639F4D934.jpeg

when pedantic arguments about the meaning of “centrally located” spring up on Yappi.com

From any spot in the state, you can get there in about two hours.
From any spot except the extreme East part of Northeast Ohio, Google Maps says 3 hrs 8 min right now to the crew stadium from Canfield. Other places up in Ashtabula can approach three and a half hours+, they just rarely have teams in the state final, they have Jefferson this year in the semifinal.

For instance Canfield is 3 hr 2 min for the shortest route to Crew Stadium with live traffic right now.
From any spot except the extreme East part of Northeast Ohio, Google Maps says 3 hrs 8 min right now to the crew stadium from Canfield. Other places up in Ashtabula can approach three and a half hours+, they just rarely have teams in the state final, they have Jefferson this year in the semifinal.
2:30 on my Google.

Canfield rarely has teams in the state final, but wouldn't their fans happily drive to Cincinnati to see another once in a generation state championship game? Ironton to Canton is nearly 4 hours. Columbus would be 2 hours.

Actually this is false, because the state is more densely populated in Northeast Ohio than Southwest Southeast or Northwest Ohio. I know what you are trying to say but on a strictly per captia basis if every Ohio resident is taken into account it would be less overall travel to Canton then it would to Columbus. And this is partially because Columbus isn't in the exact center of the state it is offset to the South and West from the exact center. If Columbus was in the exact center it would be much closer when comparing travel to Canton.
If the majority of state finalists were coming from NEO this would be relevant, but they don’t, ergo it doesn’t.

If the majority of state finalists were coming from NEO this would be relevant, but they don’t, ergo it doesn’t.
This year you could very likely have Ed's in D-I, Massillon or Hoban in D-II, so you are guaranteed one in D-II, Canfield or Holy Name, so you are guaranteed one in D-III as well. In D-IV there is Jefferson, Glenville and Steubenville (was in R9 most recently), so it could be Glenville vs Steubenville. In D-V there is Canfield South Range. In D-VI there is Kirtland and in D-VII there is JFK. So for the 7 games you will have at least 3 NEO teams in the championship game, and you most likely will have 6 NEO teams and could have as many as 8 if you count Steubenville which isn't exactly NEO but they were in region 9 and 13 most recently. So they would seem to have the majority this year.

2:30 on my Google.

Canfield rarely has teams in the state final, but wouldn't their fans happily drive to Cincinnati to see another once in a generation state championship game? Ironton to Canton is nearly 4 hours. Columbus would be 2 hours.
That isn't accounting for live traffic, that is telling you with no traffic genius. There must be a lot of traffic or an accident on the interstate right now because it now says 3 hrs and 54 min.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125_113611.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125_113611.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 17
That isn't accounting for live traffic, that is telling you with no traffic genius. There must be a lot of traffic or an accident on the interstate right now because it now says 3 hrs and 54 min.
My link is with traffic. Your's is avoiding highways and tolls, idiot. You're a genius for not clicking the train icon.

Okay then better question is why do they need $28-30 million (projected 2022 revenue) in revenue when it costs 20 million in expenses?

Number of athletes is not a good way to compare because if a school as JV and Freshman teams it adds very little costs to OHSAA. The number of teams is a much better way. I pulled a few sports to get an idea of number of teams.
OH MI
Football 706 587
Volleyball 780 702
G CC 472 634
B CC 563 640
G BB 771 654
M BB 800 715
Hockey 78 131

As you can see there is not that big of difference in teams. So looking at those numbers can you explain by your own numbers why it costs around twice as much for Ohio to run HS sports than Michigan?

I would like to know the answers to these questions so would greatly appreciate someone being able to answer them without just attacking.
Number of athletes is the better way because it does increase the OHSAA costs substantially. Insurance coverage for each athlete. More athletes= more paperwork (making sure physicals are on file, more athletes = more transfers, etc) which means more work/hours required, which would presumably affect staffing costs.

Number of athletes is the better way because it does increase the OHSAA costs substantially. Insurance coverage for each athlete. More athletes= more paperwork (making sure physicals are on file, more athletes = more transfers, etc) which means more work/hours required, which would presumably affect staffing costs.
The OHSAA checks to make sure all athletes’ physicals are on file?

Oh, so you have no idea what you are talking about.