Columbus bidding on state finals

Other than the yearly," I heard that..............." is there any proof that Columbus is bidding for the games?

There are two completely separate multi-day music festivals at historic crew stadium each year, each one making absolute bank (and drawing two very different types of crowds). Haslams aren’t letting that property/income go. The sports use is almost secondary.
Like the Haslams have any credibility with anyone with an IQ above 85. Defending the Haslams and the NFL Cleveland Meatballs, that's peak Columbus right out of ignoring Fat Andy Ginther's record with red light cameras and his otherwise garbage record as a mayor.

The area near the state fairgrounds sucks. The whole fairgrounds property should have been leveled and made into Intel's new factory (or the south side which needs help, too) but Wes Lexner doesn't own that land, so we can't have that.

The fairgrounds should be out in Delaware or Licking County. The Ohio State Fair sucks because of the location and management.

Wes Lexner runs Columbus which is pathetic. But Liddle Mikey DeRINO is cool with that and "Historic" Crew Stadium lives on in the minds of a minority of people.

If Crew Stadium was so "Historic" and amazing Haslam wouldn't have built a brand new stadium in a much better part of Columbus right off the top after he bought the team.

The answer to all this is rotating the state title games around Ohio with Columbus using OSU for their bid every 4-5 years.

Your rock concerts at Crew Stadium went to freaking Mansfield for 2-3 years as a pause on the crappy neighborhood of the fairgrounds.

The Ohio History Center is an architectural embarrassment for a great state of Ohio but y'all don't care about that. You don't.

It should be closed, tore down and rebuilt in an effort that is more respectful of the history of a great state like Ohio instead of a sad Communist designed 1970s building.

The Ohio Fairgrounds sucks and the Ohio History Center looks like a damn 1991 cement block computer monitor of a building.

But keep on grifting OHSAA.

Last edited:
Like the Haslams have any credibility with anyone with an IQ above 85. Defending the Haslams and the NFL Cleveland Meatballs, that's peak Columbus right out of ignoring Fat Andy Ginther's record with red light cameras and his otherwise garbage record as a mayor.

The area near the state fairgrounds sucks. The whole fairgrounds property should have been leveled and made into Intel's new factory (or the south side which needs help, too) but Wes Lexner doesn't own that land, so we can't have that.

The fairgrounds should be out in Delaware or Licking County. The Ohio State Fair sucks because of the location and management.

Wes Lexner runs Columbus which is pathetic. But Liddle Mikey DeRINO is cool with that and "Historic" Crew Stadium lives on in the minds of a minority of people.

If Crew Stadium was so "Historic" and amazing Haslam wouldn't have built a brand new stadium in a much better part of Columbus right off the top after he bought the team.

The answer to all this is rotating the state title games around Ohio with Columbus using OSU for their bid every 4-5 years.

Your rock concerts at Crew Stadium went to freaking Mansfield for 2-3 years as a pause on the crappy neighborhood of the fairgrounds.

The Ohio History Center is an architectural embarrassment for a great state of Ohio but y'all don't care about that. You don't.

It should be closed, tore down and rebuilt in an effort that is more respectful of the history of a great state like Ohio instead of a sad Communist designed 1970s building.

The Ohio Fairgrounds sucks and the Ohio History Center looks like a damn 1991 cement block computer monitor of a building.

But keep on grifting OHSAA.
Well that took a turn.

Michigan, it's $20 for an all-day pass and $6 parking in the Ford Field lots. And you can still do your Black Friday on-line shopping, sitting in-doors. That's quite an entertainment package compared to $13 for a semi-final.

Michigan, it's $20 for an all-day pass and $6 parking in the Ford Field lots. And you can still do your Black Friday on-line shopping, sitting in-doors. That's quite an entertainment package compared to $13 for a semi-final.
The MHSAA also serves over 100,000 less student athletes than the OHSAA and has a budget of roughly $11,000,000. (vs $19,000,000) Ther funding formula is very similar to the OHSAA's. (ticket sales are the main driver of revenue, north of 80%)

The MHSAA also serves over 100,000 less student athletes than the OHSAA and has a budget of roughly $11,000,000. (vs $19,000,000) Ther funding formula is very similar to the OHSAA's. (ticket sales are the main driver of revenue, north of 80%)
You just providing information or making a point in there somewhere?

Last edited:
Not sure where you are getting the 19 million number from. OSHAA had revenue over $25.2 million last year. (My guess this year will be much closer to $30 million than $25 million) If your Michigan number is correct why does the OHSAA need more way than double of revenue than MHSAA to run high school sports?

1669215003445.png

Not sure where you are getting the 19 million number from. OSHAA had revenue over $25.2 million last year. (My guess this year will be much closer to $30 million than $25 million) If your Michigan number is correct why does the OHSAA need more way than double of revenue than MHSAA to run high school sports?

View attachment 36454
@AllSports12: "It costs $19 million to run the OHSAA each year"
@CC Track Fan: "I'm not sure where you're getting the $19 million number from...here's a screenshot of their numbers showing their expenses are $19 million"

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Just reponding to your gripe about ticket prices....

Michigan isn't a good example of what "they should be"
You're so grumpy you ever consider you see everything as a "gripe?" You don't need to respond to my posts as they seem to so often hurt your cunty feelings.

For some of us neutral fans, $20 for four championship games and cheap parking in the center of a major walkable downtown (on a thread about holding all games in one major town, though a rather unwalkable location) is a pretty good pricing plan relative to $13 for one game on the same day. If you want to see that as a "gripe,"
03-lmfao.gif

Last edited:
Come on Cbus, get the games away from Canton. I'd like to watch a title game without worrying if my car is still gonna be there and if I'm going to get shot walking back k to it.

Not sure where you are getting the 19 million number from.
From the OHSAA's 990 Filings. Every year (save for 2020 due to covid) since 2012 their expenses were north of $19 million.... Hence, their budget.
If your Michigan number is correct why does the OHSAA need more way than double of revenue than MHSAA to run high school sports?
Michigan's 990's report anyhere from $9.6 million to $11.4 million in expenses dring the same period. One reason for the difference is they have in excess of 100,000 less student athletes to service.

Last edited:
You're so grumpy you ever consider you see everything as a "gripe?" You don't need to respond to my posts as they seem to so often hurt your cunty feelings.
Likewise.....
For some of us neutral fans, $20 for four championship games and cheap parking in the center of a major walkable downtown (on a thread about holding all games in one major town, though a rather unwalkable location) is a pretty good pricing plan relative to $13 for one game on the same day. If you want to see that as a "gripe," View attachment 36466
Then go to Detroit and enjoy yourself. (y) I'll gladly pay $13 to watch an Ohio Football Semi-Final over a Michigan Semi-Final.

To each his own. ;)

For some of us neutral fans, $20 for four championship games and cheap parking in the center of a major walkable downtown (on a thread about holding all games in one major town, though a rather unwalkable location) is a pretty good pricing plan relative to $13 for one game on the same day. If you want to see that as a "gripe," View attachment 36466
It's finals in Michigan this week. $20.00 and you're in, for the day. It's a great value.