College Transfer Portal Negatively Impacting High School Recruiting

Why gamble on developing a player out of high school who might just transfer away after a year or two when you can get an already developed player out of the portal?

but they have spring ball don't they? I thought that solved all recruiting issues (sarcasm here)

The covid year of eligibility is hurting kids right now, how long until it balances back out though?

Kids need to focus on creating value for their team and taking care of the academic end of things to make themselves more attractive to the D1 type scholarships. Colleges can be more picky now with covid years and the portal.

but they have spring ball don't they? I thought that solved all recruiting issues (sarcasm here)

The covid year of eligibility is hurting kids right now, how long until it balances back out though?

Kids need to focus on creating value for their team and taking care of the academic end of things to make themselves more attractive to the D1 type scholarships. Colleges can be more picky now with covid years and the portal.
This situations over the past few years for college prospects reminds me lot of people my age who graduated college or high school and tried to enter the job market during the "great recession". We basically got told to try harder and sorry about your luck.

The extra year for everyone and covid year did not count made it a triple whammy when you add the transfer portal as competition. There are players who graduated in 2018 from high school and still have 2 years of eligibility left.