College Football 2022-2023

The PAC 12 will continue to suck until USC is relevant again. The PAC 12 Goes as USC goes. They are the only program in the conference that can carry the Torch. Oregon and Stanford have had their moments but neither can really compete with the Big Boys on a consistent basis. USC is the flag ship program of the PAC 12.

The PAC 12 will continue to suck until USC is relevant again. The PAC 12 Goes as USC goes. They are the only program in the conference that can carry the Torch. Oregon and Stanford have had their moments but neither can really compete with the Big Boys on a consistent basis. USC is the flag ship program of the PAC 12.
With all of the free agency pick-ups Lincoln Riley has managed look for the Trojans to be back sooner than later.

Not lately. By my count they have 5 kids from SoCal, averaging less than 1 player a year going back to 2017. And I’m not sure I’d even count Hero Kanu since he’s a German kid who moved to the states like a year and a half ago. They’ve ramped up their recruiting out west in general though.

- 2017 had Wyatt Davis, Haskell Garrett and Tate Martell. Losing Davis would hurt but considering USC got 2 top 60 DTs I’m thinking Garrett still stays at OSU. Who cares about Tate.
- 2018 had Olave and Togiai, but as mentioned throughout Olave was highly underrated and USC had signed 2 top 40 WRs. Maybe they lose Togiai which also would have hurt.
- 2019 had Vimahi was the only out west player hailing from Hawaii. A nice depth player but hasn’t done anything yet.
- 2020 might have been a big one with Stroud and Kourt Williams hailing from SoCal. Gee Scott, Ransom and Jack Miller all also came from out west. Even then though, USC had young QBs with experience in Daniels and Slovis vs. OSU with Fields who was almost definitely leaving after 1 redshirt year for Stroud. I’m not sure it’s a given he goes to USC if the USC of old were still around
2021 was another out west in general vs. SoCal with JT and Emeka coming from Washington, Burke from AZ and Hart from CO.
2022 has Kanu from SoCal (but not really) and then Devin Brown from Utah/Arizona, Graves from AZ, and Fitzpatrick from CO.

How does USC impact Ohio State? I think there are less than a handful of California kids on the OSU roster. Obviously one of them is the QB but I don't see the correlation.
Only going to have a few scholarship players on the roster next year from SoCal...the way they've recruited the last few years, the small numbers mix out west has been a hodgepodge of areas between SoCal, Seattle/Tacoma, Arizona and Colorado, and I wouldn't really consider one more important than the others for OSU, especially with the quality and quantity of major prospects improving in the latter three areas which really don't have any dominant in-state programs.

It will probably get harder to get those 2-4 prospects from out west with a stronger USC, but the impact is going to be much bigger on programs that are more heavily reliant on getting bigger numbers from California, such as Oregon which had 41 California players on their roster last year.

Last edited:
ND most obvious miss. Or did I miss it? Large Drum at Purdue. Sail gate at UWash. I don't remember seeing Bevo or UGA?

Ya hear the OSU AD state if they go to 12 team playoff and host a game they would likely play it elsewhere like Indy¿

Surprised no one saw that Art Briles got another gig thanks to good old Hue Jackson:

I'm all for 2nd chances but this guy basically covered up some really bad sexual assault issues on his team.

Looks like Kirk Herbstreit got AMZ's Thursday Night NFL game:

It is not sure if he will stay w/ ESPN too, some think he will because he has become the primary voice of the sport but some think the SEC centric ESPN may try to get an SEC alumni, (Peyton Manning?) to be the new color guy for the big game of the week.

Payton would be a great addition but I don’t know if he’s a good replacement for Kirk. Lee or Desmond replacements fit better for him. Just my two cents on the matter.

Looking to add to my CFB stadium bingo sheet in 2022-23. Ive been trying to plant the seeds to do the Red River Rivalry but Stillwater or Norman are the likely options.

Do yourself a favor and read up on the banter going back and forth between Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher, needless to say, it's pretty damn entertaining. One cheater accusing another cheater, and the offended cheater firing right back.

Not that I’m a recruiting or QB expert but as recruits I’ve been way more impressed with Ewers over Manning. Honestly think he is unfairly overranked due to his name, it’ll be hard to live up to expectations.
All the recruiting services have him at #1 and many were looking to move him down because of the name. We shall see.